• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#21 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 22, 2012 - 12:51 PM

He has a great highlight video, so they must have made a mistake.

I really wonder what a team would look like if a GM or Coach scouted players by looking at YouTube videos :laughing:

#22 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,141 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 22, 2012 - 12:52 PM

I really wonder what a team would look like if a GM or Coach scouted players by looking at YouTube videos :laughing:

Sun Yue

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#23 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,349 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted October 22, 2012 - 12:53 PM

Sad to see him go like this but I guess now DJO will be the next one...

he barley played too lol

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#24 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,132 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 12:54 PM

Morris CAN'T get cut. Get it through.

Only Goudelock and DJO and CDR and Somagyi were the ones that could be cut.

Basically its down between DJO and Goudelock now. If they go with 14 it's going to Sacre, which I don't think would be a good choice. If it's 14 and 15 it comes down between DJO and Goudelock. CDR is going to the D-Fenders though, this was stated from the moment he came to camp that if he didn't make the final roster he'd go to the D-Fenders.

It's ok Morris will not be brought back next season and we can finally be rid of his talentless ass
Posted Image

#25 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,136 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted October 22, 2012 - 12:54 PM

Good they both sucked

Posted Image

#26 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,141 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 12:57 PM

It's ok Morris will not be brought back next season and we can finally be rid of his talentless ass

He's not talentless, that's why he's still there.

It's consistency and translating it to the NBA game that's his problem and being unable to slow down his game(this comes from the coaches, Kobe and everyone else in terms of his issues)

Calling him talentless is overstating.

Anyway you should be focusing on DJO and Goudelock since it's one or the other that's going.

#27 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,251 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted October 22, 2012 - 12:57 PM

Well who is gonna go grocery shopping with Jodie Meeks now?

#28 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 22, 2012 - 12:58 PM

Good they both sucked

super troll .hahaha

Well who is gonna go grocery shopping with Jodie Meeks now?

i noticed in that episode that Meeks and CDR were together and Meeks said, "i hope kobe wins ME a ring"

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#29 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,723 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 22, 2012 - 01:00 PM

i noticed in that episode that Meeks and CDR were together and Meeks said, "i hope kobe wins ME a ring"

He was super sucking up there. Meeks was like ok to him.

#30 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted October 22, 2012 - 01:00 PM

I liked CDR alot. He is a capable scorer and would have been a scorer off the bench, even though he didn't get alot of burn off the bench this preseason i wouldn't be surprised if he goes to another team and plays well. all in all, im cool. i have trust on our FO.

edit: oh they cut Somogyi as well. as i stated, i got trust in our FO. btw, who will go with meeks to the store now. :laughing:

Edited by Lagunero, October 22, 2012 - 01:02 PM.

Posted Image

#31 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,132 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 01:04 PM

He's not talentless, that's why he's still there.

It's consistency and translating it to the NBA game that's his problem and being unable to slow down his game(this comes from the coaches, Kobe and everyone else in terms of his issues)

Calling him talentless is overstating.

Anyway you should be focusing on DJO and Goudelock since it's one or the other that's going.

Morris and goudelock both suck. DJO is unproven, and CDR is a proven NBA contributor

Bad decision
Posted Image

#32 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 22, 2012 - 01:06 PM

I thought CDR would give us nice offense off the bench, but I guess they wanted roster flexibility.

#33 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie, Cooper, Ariza

Posted October 22, 2012 - 01:06 PM

I'm Disappointed - I expected a huge meltdown on this thread. But so far it's relatively tame. :laughing:

I got a feeling we will be at 15, not 14. Lakers already sunk 500k just for the draft rights to DJO. I think he will get a long look in the D league, where he'll partner with Morris. Clark at first (and maybe forever) will be the 13th player. If Clark does well in practice then Sacre will be the 13th.

Edited by EddieJones, October 22, 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#34 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 22, 2012 - 01:09 PM

Nice job cutting a player that had already proven he could log 20-25 contributing minutes a night.

CDR is actually a better player than Ebanks, and better than any other rookie or sophomore we have.

Oh well.

#35 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,130 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 22, 2012 - 01:15 PM

Nice job cutting a player that had already proven he could log 20-25 contributing minutes a night.

CDR is actually a better player than Ebanks, and better than any other rookie or sophomore we have.

Oh well.

I wanted him to make the team too, but like West Coast said, If a player is having trouble learning the defensive schemes and offense. It's another thing if a player knows the system but he's just a bad defender atleast he will try to be in place on defense

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#36 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,141 posts

I thought CDR would give us nice offense off the bench, but I guess they wanted roster flexibility.

I think the night Ebanks got his shot and scored 20 points off the bench in the game when CDR didn't score on his shot probably put their faith fully in Ebanks. Now I don't blame CDR for that as Goudelock did NOT pass him the ball that often and it wasn't till Nash came in that he got a shot I believe.

The thing is CDR is gonna go to the D-Fenders and Mitch will constantly watch him, so it depends really. It depends who we keep between DJO and Goudelock at this point. Also depends who we waive that's already under contract(if anyone)

Still stand by the fact that if Hill was healthy Sacre wouldn't be a lock for the 14th spot.

#37 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,809 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Bad decision. He's exactly the kind of guy we needed coming off the bench. Signing him for cheap to fill out the roster should have been a no-brainer. What exactly are pulling for with that final spot? Another Joe Smith or Theo Ratliff acquisition? With Pau currently not on the trading block (unlike last season), I don't see the use in keeping that final spot open. I can't really envision any 2-for-1 acquisition midway through the season that would require an extra roster spot. We don't really have any assets remaining. Injuries? We already have guys to fill in off the bench, our core players are strong enough to stay afloat if one goes down for a period of time.

CDR was superior to Ebanks and exactly what we needed. Don't understand the reasoning behind this move at all.

It sucks that we're saddled with 3 below average PGs taking up the roster spots we could have given to actual contributors.

#38 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 22, 2012 - 01:16 PM

[expletive].
Why would you cut one of the only NBA level dudes on our bench! This just made our bench [expletive]ing worse.

Edited by JSaber20, October 22, 2012 - 01:17 PM.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#39 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,142 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 01:19 PM

Gosh damn it. I really liked CDR.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#40 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 01:37 PM

Bad decision. He's exactly the kind of guy we needed coming off the bench. Signing him for cheap to fill out the roster should have been a no-brainer. What exactly are pulling for with that final spot? Another Joe Smith or Theo Ratliff acquisition? With Pau currently not on the trading block (unlike last season), I don't see the use in keeping that final spot open. I can't really envision any 2-for-1 acquisition midway through the season that would require an extra roster spot. We don't really have any assets remaining. Injuries? We already have guys to fill in off the bench, our core players are strong enough to stay afloat if one goes down for a period of time.

CDR was superior to Ebanks and exactly what we needed. Don't understand the reasoning behind this move at all.

It sucks that we're saddled with 3 below average PGs taking up the roster spots we could have given to actual contributors.

All it matters to me is that I got it right that CDR was not going to make it past camp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users