#101 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 29, 2012 - 08:35 AM

Why hello there.

Don't worry, I'm kinda sleepy, 6 AM my time and I don't work today, so I won't post much. Calm down.

1) You say that things have changed in one year (with these players), but some of what I posted showed how quickly your opinion changed in less than 1-2 weeks (ex. Jordan Hill's play, when you basically called him a scrub and, ten days later, acted like he was Rodman).

2) What exactly did you do in this topic, on the first page? You did the same thing you're now saying we should not do. You brought me up (which was dumb, by the way), and then you threw a rock by saying you're sick of me calling everyone scrubs, those that eventually play well (so you were talking about Gerald Green...and that's it, even though I never called him a scrub). So, just for you, I pointed out how incredibly ignorant you were to accuse anyone of doing that, since you do it more than 95% of the posters we've had here.

Today, I'd like for you to take about 10 minutes of your free time to sit down, open up Notepad, and type the word "HYPOCRISY" in 72-point Impact font (all caps, too). Then, maximize the window, grab your monitor with both hands, and stare at the word, saying it over and over again, alternating between a whisper and what you consider a normal volume (this is very important, and you really have to grab your monitor). Once you do that, use Google to type in the word, find its definition, and come back into this topic to use it in a sentence, so I'm aware of your efforts to improve as a contributing member here.

1. Jordan Hill didn't look good in garbage time on offense all he could do was rebound and defend but probably a couple weeks later he probably got some playing time and looked great so that alone can easily change I bet a month before the whole Linsanity thing everybody rode home off and then the next month I bet they changed their views... Basketball there are a lot of players that have good streaks then go back to playing like crap the players that are all stars are consistent in what they do and the streaky players are usually role players so say what you want you use a sentence or random post from the game day thread probably and tried to use it against me and everybody seems to just be eating that up for some reason but I'm not surprised like I said most people cosign with whatever sounds good but never actually go out and find out for themselves

2. Majority of the time you are against every young player except for a few idk if it was you or another moderator and im not going to search through all of your post just to find it but I was talking about Antwan Jamison being signed and how much I was against it because of his age and his defense and his FG% was horrible but at the time majority people were for it and I bet majority of the people that were for it are regretting that now.... I hope Jamison has a good season just for the lakers sake

#102 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 08:39 AM

Everybody will tell you that I formulate my own opinions and I don't mind taking a stand against ANYONE, as long as it's just for the sake of debating.

You have lost sight of the goal here. Get your point across, consider the other person's point and see if you can construct a logical rebuttal. I'm sorry but you have not done those things. So even if you want to continue to think you are correct, concede the point on here because that's all you can do. In your mind, you can think whatever you want.

Pick your battles. This is not one you can hope to win...take it from someone who has gone up against Real Deal (with varying results).

Just walk away...there is no shame in losing an "internet battle" of wits. It happens to the best of us. This has become so 1-sided that it's like watching a heavy-weight boxer beat up on a baby seal...

Come back in a few days, bide your time and strike with a good point. Internet CRED - Easy Come, Easy Go.

Yea every time I have a different opinion than majority people here everybody at the time says I'm this and I'm that and I'm oh so wrong but majority of the players I strongly supported have played well the only one not is Morris but idk how that is even going to turn out...

I guess from the outside looking in and not knowing the context the situation and when the post where made looks bad like I said he took post out of context and string them together some of them probably being reactions to what is going on in the game day thread but nobody would know that all they see are post and not what was going on when they were said

#103 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 29, 2012 - 08:49 AM

When I started years ago on NBAWire, I ran into the same issues. Seeing the game thru a fresh pair of eyes was welcomed by some but denounced by most. You have to learn that whatever you say will be remembered and used against you.

Post only when necessary and post only what you believe in. IF someone out-debates you, accept that. That doesn't change you or the way you feel about the argument. If someone presents a valid argument to the contrary of your belief, accept it and meditate on his points. You may find that you are wrong or what he said makes more SENSE than what you said, even if you feel in your gut that you are still right.

And one little thing, NOBODY on this board or the internet is right MOST of the time unless he only posts once in a while and his posts are of the "Captain OBVIOUS" variety.

That includes my buddy Brandon (though I'm sure he's going to roast me for that LOL).

CJ,
A wise man once said:

You gotta know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away and
Know when to run

Edited by GCMD, October 29, 2012 - 08:51 AM.

#104 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 29, 2012 - 08:57 AM

1. Jordan Hill didn't look good in garbage time on offense all he could do was rebound and defend but probably a couple weeks later he probably got some playing time and looked great so that alone can easily change I bet a month before the whole Linsanity thing everybody rode home off and then the next month I bet they changed their views... Basketball there are a lot of players that have good streaks then go back to playing like crap the players that are all stars are consistent in what they do and the streaky players are usually role players so say what you want you use a sentence or random post from the game day thread probably and tried to use it against me and everybody seems to just be eating that up for some reason but I'm not surprised like I said most people cosign with whatever sounds good but never actually go out and find out for themselves

Don't care what your explanation is about Jordan Hill. I gave you multiple posts where you did this with a LOT of players, so just stop talking about it.

2. Majority of the time you are against every young player except for a few idk if it was you or another moderator and im not going to search through all of your post just to find it but I was talking about Antwan Jamison being signed and how much I was against it because of his age and his defense and his FG% was horrible but at the time majority people were for it and I bet majority of the people that were for it are regretting that now.... I hope Jamison has a good season just for the lakers sake

For one, you're wrong. You won't do a post search? That's right, you won't...because you'll find that you're wrong. I like young players. When we traded for Jordan Hill, I was happy about it...actually said that he didn't receive enough time in Houston, that he would be a hustle player, not that offensively-gifted, but would do the dirty work for us. Want me to go find that?

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54521&view=findpost&p=1044696

That post was made before he played a single game with us.

I actually said good things about Robert Sacre AND DJO. Want to see them? First ever post about Sacre, after the draft...

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/56755-welcome-robert-sacre/page__st__60__p__1118588#entry1118588

I talked about DJO being okay in this league, as long as he's at the point, and as long as he's playing his game.

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/56753-welcome-to-the-lakers-darius-johnson-odom/page__view__findpost__p__1118646

Scroll through. I also talked about him dropping 46 on my JUCO, while I sat there and watched him with my own two eyes that day.

-----------

Here is the point: don't jump down anyone's throat unless you have your facts straight. That's why people are enjoying this topic. If you don't have any substance, and you're coming at someone on this message board (anyone), then someone will step in and call you out on it. Your explanations as to why you say what you say...nobody cares, because you do it too many times, and again, that was just a third of your posts that I searched.

I'm going to consider all of this a waste of my time as long as you're walking away with the intent to do it all again. However, the members here will not forget, so when you do, this is what you should expect by more than just me.

You talked about always being right in two of those posts I searched...should have quoted both...and then, in this topic, you say you always admit when you're wrong. Neither are correct statements, and I can see you aren't going to change, so I'll let everyone else finalize their opinion on your posts and thoughts.

No point in me posting in here again.

#105 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 29, 2012 - 09:16 AM

Where's the referee when you need him?

This was a "Knock OUT" about 3 pages ago...everything after that was for the sick pleasure of watching someone get pummeled long after they are incapable of fighting back.

After learning the root of this, CJ, walk away. You're lucky to still be here...

Edited by GCMD, October 29, 2012 - 10:07 AM.

#106 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 10:38 AM

Don't care what your explanation is about Jordan Hill. I gave you multiple posts where you did this with a LOT of players, so just stop talking about it.

For one, you're wrong. You won't do a post search? That's right, you won't...because you'll find that you're wrong. I like young players. When we traded for Jordan Hill, I was happy about it...actually said that he didn't receive enough time in Houston, that he would be a hustle player, not that offensively-gifted, but would do the dirty work for us. Want me to go find that?

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54521&view=findpost&p=1044696

That post was made before he played a single game with us.

I actually said good things about Robert Sacre AND DJO. Want to see them? First ever post about Sacre, after the draft...

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/56755-welcome-robert-sacre/page__st__60__p__1118588#entry1118588

I talked about DJO being okay in this league, as long as he's at the point, and as long as he's playing his game.

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/56753-welcome-to-the-lakers-darius-johnson-odom/page__view__findpost__p__1118646

Scroll through. I also talked about him dropping 46 on my JUCO, while I sat there and watched him with my own two eyes that day.

-----------

Here is the point: don't jump down anyone's throat unless you have your facts straight. That's why people are enjoying this topic. If you don't have any substance, and you're coming at someone on this message board (anyone), then someone will step in and call you out on it. Your explanations as to why you say what you say...nobody cares, because you do it too many times, and again, that was just a third of your posts that I searched.

I'm going to consider all of this a waste of my time as long as you're walking away with the intent to do it all again. However, the members here will not forget, so when you do, this is what you should expect by more than just me.

You talked about always being right in two of those posts I searched...should have quoted both...and then, in this topic, you say you always admit when you're wrong. Neither are correct statements, and I can see you aren't going to change, so I'll let everyone else finalize their opinion on your posts and thoughts.

No point in me posting in here again.

Did I not say a few players? what was the point of even posting those links for it didn't prove any point of what your saying and doesn't discredit any statement I have made. If people want to look at what I say out of context and make judgement then I don't care I could string a lot of post of what people say in the game day thread that contradict A LOT of what they say

#107 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 10:38 AM

Where's the referee when you need him?

This was a "Knock OUT" about 3 pages ago...everything after that was for the sick pleasure of watching someone get pummeled long after they are incapable of fighting back.

After learning the root of this, CJ, walk away. You're lucky to still be here...

and what's the root?

#108 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 29, 2012 - 11:05 AM

Did I not say a few players? what was the point of even posting those links for it didn't prove any point of what your saying and doesn't discredit any statement I have made. If people want to look at what I say out of context and make judgement then I don't care I could string a lot of post of what people say in the game day thread that contradict A LOT of what they say

You are easily one of the worst posters we've ever had in TLN's history, and I've been here through it all. I'm ready to just give you the boot, honestly. Stop being an idiot. If I wanted to embarrass you any further, I would have listed every instance of me complimenting young players. You do realize I have covered the draft on other sites since 2005, and have done mock drafts, and have said good things about many young players?

Nothing was out of context. That's why I linked every single quote to the original topic. You said what you did, you flip-flopped and said something different, you are a hypocrite, and that's all there is to it. Don't EVER attempt to say you and I do the same exact thing with players, because we don't. Same with many others here. That is a low blow to this community, saying they do what you do...and if they all did, I would be closing this message board down.

I'm closing the topic, because I'm sick of reading your garbage. Playtime is over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users