phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted October 23, 2012 - 08:48 PM

:boxing:

Wow this Gerald Green thing has been going on for a while now, let alone it being in the Jonny Flynn thread
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#44 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,755 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 23, 2012 - 10:42 PM

Opened up a can of worms. :laughing:

#45 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 24, 2012 - 12:33 AM

I've admitted when I'm wrong, but it's rare because I'm rarely wrong. Majesty will tell you that I have.

But, here's something else you're wrong about: the players I call scrubs. I did a post search. Want to know who all I've called scrubs on this site since 2008?

Darius Morris
E'Twaun Moore
Smush Parker
Brian Cardinal
Troy Murphy
Flip Murray (if he doesn't have the ball in his hands, and I made this clear)
Coby Karl

Did I ever call Gerald Green a scrub? Nope. I actually said that he just wouldn't fit with this team, in the triangle offense or in the offense Brown was running last year. Would you like to see the topic again?

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/54334-we-definitely-should-have-signed-gerald-green

I said it over and over again.

I also stated that he would be better off in New Jersey...which means I wasn't going to be surprised if he played better.

Also, in that same topic, you'll see this quote from you:

So if you always admit when you're wrong, I hope you'll step back in here and admit that you're not always right.

Even today, given what Gerald Green has done in New Jersey (scoring points), I'm still going to tell you that he would not fit in well with this team. Nash can fit anyone into his offense, but the fact is it's the Princeton. Green would see limited time on the floor, handle the ball less, rarely find himself in ISO's. That's not good for a one-dimensional scorer.

By the way...any idea why the Nets didn't give Green a contract? Any clue why they didn't want him as a backup to Joe Johnson or Gerald Wallace? They have Marshon Brooks, but Green can play two positions on the floor, and he's easily the ideal backup SF...right? Just curious. They had him for half the season last year...you'd think they would be REALLY impressed by his play.

In that thread, and using a post search, you'll find that I stated maybe three times that I would trade any of our bench players (from last season) for Gerald Green. Blake, Ebanks, Goudelock, Morris, and anyone else at the backup guard or small forward spots (of course, I wouldn't say Jordan Hill, because he's a big man). That didn't qualify him as a scrub, because in another post, I specifically pointed out that Steve Blake was not a scrub. Blake may have been better for our team, actually (than Green), but I would still make the trade based on age and money.

Now, I'm not going to waste any more time with this. Just understand that you shouldn't run your chops if you aren't going to bring your "A" game. If you have something to say about things I've posted, whenever, make sure you've got reason to say it...and in the process, be a credible poster that isn't going to open the door for me to get the 4th and 10 sack.

I wasn't here when you called all the other players scrub but you are wrong about E'twaun Moore he's been playing well and consistently for the Magic this preseason and he's shown that he can distribute and score...

Darius Morris he needs a lot of help and a lot of work considering his decision making is terrible but I believe with more playing time or time in the D-League he might become a better player and is the only player out of our scrubs who has the most potential to being an actual contributor

LOL I will go deeper on all of my short post that you took out of context

At one point early last year people on the forums were complaining about Morris not getting any minutes and where also upset the Kapono didn't get any clock because of how bad our 3 point shooting was

Demarcus Cousins had a monster year last year and that post was probably a joke or something

I originally did like the Josh Mcroberts signing till I seen him play

Shannon Brown is still a good defender to what I've seen

My early comments about Hill and Ebanks were extremely off but showing any player who isn't a star and saying they are decent will drive most posters insane

I still stand by comments about the centers of the 90s being better than todays centers... Most centers in today's game don't even have a back to the basket game...

I still feel strong about my comments about Pau and Anthony Davis the only thing I can take away from Anthony Davis is that he has to get used to the NBA playstyle

The Trade for Paul Milsap, Alec Burc, and Devin Harris was a good trade proposal it would have filled all our needs at the time

I still feel KD is better than Lebron

C.J. Miles realistically isn't that good but we could have used him as a back up SG/SF and at the time he was the only thing available and cheap

Andre Miller was never a good perimeter shooter but in the playoffs against us in the Nuggets series he went off

now my comments about steve nash not having any decent pick and roll players.... at the time we had Bynum and he barely ever played a pick and roll game and if he did set a screen it was half ass and I wasn't too happy about the Steve Nash signing at first because we needed a better perimeter defender... Ty Lawson and Russel Westbrook tore us apart in the playoffs

My comments on Dwight at the time was based off what he said I was shocked he even came to the Lakers due to his negative attitude he had before coming here

T-Mac did have a few good games for the Hawks last year

Andray Blatche has been playing well with the Nets

Reeves Nelson is a scrub and I was wrong about Sacre after seeing him in the preseason didn't really expect much from a player from Gonzaga

Idk why you even posted all that and took things out of context and even took some of my sarcastic post as serious... but it's okay you gotta do whatever to make yourself look good right?

#46 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 861 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 24, 2012 - 04:40 AM

I'd take Flynn over our backups anyday

but this thread is 100% pointless because it's obviously not going to happen

#47 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted October 24, 2012 - 04:47 AM

Idk why you even posted all that and took things out of context and even took some of my sarcastic post as serious... but it's okay you gotta do whatever to make yourself look good right?

1) I don't have to force myself to look good...but, well, that's the name of the game. Isn't that what you were doing when you brought me up in your post in this topic? What was the point of doing that? Don't type my name if you don't want to be on the wrong end of a lashing.

2) You just made an attempt to explain everything...and, yet, you failed to see your contradictions (those that I carefully placed together, just so you WOULD see them). You flip-flopped more than most around here do, slamming Jordan Hill in one post and, 10 days later, doing a 180 and saying he's a very good player. CJ Miles is worthless..and suddenly, he's a solid two-guard. Miller is not a consistent shooter...but, then, he's efficient. You call people out (in all caps) for undervaluing every player we land...but then you did it with Sacre, DJO, Ebanks, Hill, and even Steve Nash. Would you pick T-Mac up today, knowing that all 30 teams passed on him? Of course, you would refuse to talk about ANY of that.

YOU, of all people, are taking a shot at me because I called Moore a scrub, and said that Flynn wasn't worth us looking at him? You? Saying that I don't watch the game of basketball? YOU? Do you fire up your 2K10, modify all of your favorite players' ratings, play through a season, and then come here to tell us about how each of those players performed in your simulated season, as if it's happening in real life?

And none of that was sarcasm. I read beyond those posts, in each of those topics...and that's why I listed them in quotes with clickable topic URL's in the top left box. Some of those topics had you talking about those comments when other members on the board criticized you for them.

Please dude, don't make me go through the other 700 posts of yours. The reception was actually entertaining, and maybe I want to see how many more funny GIF's I can land with another rim-rocker.

Don't type my member name, or any part of it, in your post window anymore. If something is real fun, say it was super fun. If there's a deal in the works, use the word transaction. You could have slipped through the cracks this entire time, quoting each post and arguing your points about D-League Darius, but you calling me out and saying I don't watch the games was your mistake that I know you won't make again.

#48 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie, Cooper, Ariza

Posted October 24, 2012 - 06:47 AM

Haha - So the words "real" and "deal" are off limits to cj? I've never seen that before in a forum :laughing:

This thread should be pinned. Amazingly entertaining!!!

#49 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 07:05 AM

1) I don't have to force myself to look good...but, well, that's the name of the game. Isn't that what you were doing when you brought me up in your post in this topic? What was the point of doing that? Don't type my name if you don't want to be on the wrong end of a lashing.

2) You just made an attempt to explain everything...and, yet, you failed to see your contradictions (those that I carefully placed together, just so you WOULD see them). You flip-flopped more than most around here do, slamming Jordan Hill in one post and, 10 days later, doing a 180 and saying he's a very good player. CJ Miles is worthless..and suddenly, he's a solid two-guard. Miller is not a consistent shooter...but, then, he's efficient. You call people out (in all caps) for undervaluing every player we land...but then you did it with Sacre, DJO, Ebanks, Hill, and even Steve Nash. Would you pick T-Mac up today, knowing that all 30 teams passed on him? Of course, you would refuse to talk about ANY of that.

YOU, of all people, are taking a shot at me because I called Moore a scrub, and said that Flynn wasn't worth us looking at him? You? Saying that I don't watch the game of basketball? YOU? Do you fire up your 2K10, modify all of your favorite players' ratings, play through a season, and then come here to tell us about how each of those players performed in your simulated season, as if it's happening in real life?

And none of that was sarcasm. I read beyond those posts, in each of those topics...and that's why I listed them in quotes with clickable topic URL's in the top left box. Some of those topics had you talking about those comments when other members on the board criticized you for them.

Please dude, don't make me go through the other 700 posts of yours. The reception was actually entertaining, and maybe I want to see how many more funny GIF's I can land with another rim-rocker.

Don't type my member name, or any part of it, in your post window anymore. If something is real fun, say it was super fun. If there's a deal in the works, use the word transaction. You could have slipped through the cracks this entire time, quoting each post and arguing your points about D-League Darius, but you calling me out and saying I don't watch the games was your mistake that I know you won't make again.

I brought up your name cause you down play almost every young player deem a lot of them scrubs ,but yet you have defended Steve Blake on many occasions who is by far the worst player on the Lakers right now so you can search all my post if you want and take them out of context to try to do more stalker type post but hey if you enjoy stalking and reading every post I have ever posted "fun" then go ahead but I find that very sick

I hate how you exaggerate or try to put more into every statement I make to try to make it look worst than what it actually is and I said my early post about Hill and Ebanks were and by looking how they came into training camp it seems both have improved their offensive games

And I never said C.J. miles was worthless but he isn't as good as other members had mad him out to be in the thread I was posting and he would a better back up SG/SF than what we had last year

Andre miller isn't a consistent shooter but hey Lebron isn't even a consistent shooter but he's still effective I don't see what point your trying to make?

I already said I was wrong about Sacre, Hill, and Ebanks but I still stand on everything else DJO at this point hasn't shown us ANYTHING had a horrible summer league and hasn't had a good game in preseason

As for Nash yes we improved offensively but I was hoping for a more defensive minded wing player but all of that doesn't matter anymore cause now we have Dwight and Kobe will probably end up gaurding the better offensive wing players

#50 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,000 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted October 24, 2012 - 07:38 AM

4th and 10 sack? Should have punted

Pau Gasol is GONE

#51 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,021 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 24, 2012 - 07:48 AM

I brought up your name cause you down play almost every young player deem a lot of them scrubs ,but yet you have defended Steve Blake on many occasions who is by far the worst player on the Lakers right now so you can search all my post if you want and take them out of context to try to do more stalker type post but hey if you enjoy stalking and reading every post I have ever posted "fun" then go ahead but I find that very sick

Just because most of us don't think that Darius Morris is going to be the next Magic Johnson doesn't mean that we hate on all young players. He's not even as good as Steve Blake right now and the stats, in game evidence, and his player tendencies support that point.

These fan goggles get annoying sometimes...

#52 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted October 24, 2012 - 07:50 AM

^

LMAO

#53 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 07:57 AM

Just because most of us don't think that Darius Morris is going to be the next Magic Johnson doesn't mean that we hate on all young players. He's not even as good as Steve Blake right now and the stats, in game evidence, and his player tendencies support that point.

These fan goggles get annoying sometimes...

Idk where you got that thought all I have ever said bout Morris is he could and should be a BACK up PG but okay

#54 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 08:08 AM

Idk where you got that thought all I have ever said bout Morris is he could and should be a BACK up PG but okay

Searched five posts of yours from back in December (just five!), and I found this:

Morris should definitely start over fisher and Blake ....Kapono should also see more playing time....we have a few good pieces we got to start using them

I can only imagine how many more times you said this, and how many times you argued he could start on other teams (I actually read a couple of posts where you said that, when I was searching earlier).

Might as well stop posting in here and pray that this topic falls to the second page. Also, stop trying to explain your screw-ups from earlier...what's done is done.

#55 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 08:10 AM

4th and 10 sack? Should have punted

You would think...and it's only the first possession.

Todd Haley must be coaching this game.

#56 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 08:15 AM

Searched five posts of yours from back in December (just five!), and I found this:

I can only imagine how many more times you said this, and how many times you argued he could start on other teams (I actually read a couple of posts where you said that, when I was searching earlier).

Might as well stop posting in here and pray that this topic falls to the second page.

FISHER AND BLAKE ARE BOTH BELOW AVERAGE PGS do you think Fisher will be signed anywhere and do you think if Blake was a FA you think he would find a team? no

#57 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,399 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 24, 2012 - 08:24 AM

FISHER AND BLAKE ARE BOTH BELOW AVERAGE PGS do you think Fisher will be signed anywhere and do you think if Blake was a FA you think he would find a team? no

Morris is a below average Point guard

The result of this thread is you lost the little credibility you had. :laughing:

#58 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 08:26 AM

I'm just showing you where you said that Morris should be a starting PG. Don't know why you're mad.

Check these quotes out:

Manu ginobli was a second round draft pick and Gilbert Arenas was also and he came off the bench until he became good enough to be a starting point guard

That was when you were trying to convince us that Morris could be a really good player in the NBA. You told us about Ginobili and Arenas, two all-star players, lol.

Remember when you were mad, and said this:

Morris is terrible. I just can't support this dude anymore he's not productive AT ALL

And then this:

N to be honest Morris isn't garbage he's just not NBA ready he should have stayed another year with Michigan

And here's just one post where you said he may be a starting PG someday:

You really think he's that bad huh? He looked decent in the preseason game......and from the looks of it he can at least bring the ball up with out it getting stolen and he can knock down the open shot....he's also 6'4" that would be beneficial playing against smaller point guards.....I'm not expecting him to be an all star but I hope he can just stop point guards from scoring at will and someday he can be a starter... And make his open shots

So yeah.

#59 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 08:28 AM

Morris is a below average Point guard

The result of this thread is you lost the little credibility you had. :laughing:

By stringing together post out of context and putting them with arguments made me lose credibility? that's dumb AF but I would have definitely played a young PG who has upside of actually getting better than keep playing a older PG with no upside who is far on the decline

I already explained in detail all of my post and I still have the same opinions and stands on almost everything I have said the only players I was wrong about were Hill, Sacre, and Ebanks but Hill and Ebanks have improved greatly and was a supporter of Ebanks and Hill after the OKC game we won were HIll had a monster game on the glass

#60 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 08:39 AM

I'm just showing you where you said that Morris should be a starting PG. Don't know why you're mad.

Check these quotes out:

That was when you were trying to convince us that Morris could be a really good player in the NBA. You told us about Ginobili and Arenas, two all-star players, lol.

Remember when you were mad, and said this:

And then this:

And here's just one post where you said he may be a starting PG someday:

So yeah.

the Manu Ginobli and Arenas comparison came into play when somebody said some idiotic stuff like there are really never and good second round picks in which I stated Arenas and Ginobli are great second round picks and that people can improve and become better players

and I still feel the same about Morris that he came out of Michigan too early and in probably 2 to 3 years if he's still playing he could probably start for a Lottery team if PGs like Vasquez are starting than I can't see how Morris couldn't start for a team like that in the future but nice try for once again taking my post out of context.... and I still feel like it's sick that you would go through hundreds of my post

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users