107 replies to this topic

#1 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,830 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted October 22, 2012 - 11:28 AM

He really couldn't be worse than what they already have....only problem is finding roster space. Plus he hasn't be lobotomized to fully appreciate Mike Brown's offensive schemes.

http://www.sportando...d-williams.html

#2 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 22, 2012 - 11:34 AM

Wrong forum...should be in NBA Talk.

Could we use him off the bench...? Yes. Good combo guard with speed and capability of scoring in bunches? Yes.

WIll the Lakers really consider him? Hope so but doubt it...I have been wrong before.

#3 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 22, 2012 - 11:38 AM

Jonny Flynn is horrible. I'm not sure why people would want him here. He's a bad shooter, turns the ball over too many times in the limited minutes AND role that he has, and doesn't it tell you something if the Detroit Pistons (who desperately need help, from ANYONE they can get their hands on) tossed him aside?

#4 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,327 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted October 22, 2012 - 11:47 AM

NO look at surgery he had on his body = he will never be the same player as in past with speed & shiftiness.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#5 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,231 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted October 22, 2012 - 11:47 AM

Two weeks ago I say go for it...

Now. Let's roll won duhon

#6 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 22, 2012 - 12:17 PM

Jonny Flynn is horrible. I'm not sure why people would want him here. He's a bad shooter, turns the ball over too many times in the limited minutes AND role that he has, and doesn't it tell you something if the Detroit Pistons (who desperately need help, from ANYONE they can get their hands on) tossed him aside?

Well the Pistons didn't have enough room, they had 15 guaranteed contracts.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#7 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 22, 2012 - 12:27 PM

he had a big surgery? is he really worse than blake and duhon? either way i doubt we go after him

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, October 22, 2012 - 12:27 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#8 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted October 22, 2012 - 12:28 PM

I'm starting to think anybody would be better than Blake/Duhon/Morris.
Posted Image

#9 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 22, 2012 - 12:28 PM

maybe we just wavied CDR to pick Flynn up. yes, we just waived CDR

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#10 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 12:43 PM

Rodney Stuckey
Will Bynum
Brandon Knight

They didn't have room for him. And just because he couldn't beat those 3 out for minutes doesn't mean he'd be horrible with us. He's a change of pace guard who would beat out Duhon, Goudelock and Morris for minutes and have a serious chance at edging Blake out (in the right situation/offense).

#11 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 02:05 PM

Rodney Stuckey
Will Bynum
Brandon Knight

They didn't have room for him. And just because he couldn't beat those 3 out for minutes doesn't mean he'd be horrible with us. He's a change of pace guard who would beat out Duhon, Goudelock and Morris for minutes and have a serious chance at edging Blake out (in the right situation/offense).

Rodney Stuckey is their two-guard. He played more minutes for them at the two, and was their starting SG, next to Knight (at the point).

Flynn was cut because he had eight turnovers in 32 total preseason minutes, and shot 25%. He's worthless.

#12 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 22, 2012 - 02:10 PM

No. He's terrible. Wouldn't be an upgrade over the backup scrubs we have which is pretty sad.
htCCl0m.png

#13 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 02:23 PM

Well the Pistons didn't have enough room, they had 15 guaranteed contracts.

They didn't have to sign Middleton and English, either. They were interested in Flynn when he was in Portland last season (for some reason), and then declined to bring him in until camp this year, after giving both of their second-round picks their contracts.

If Detroit really wanted Flynn, they would have made room. They would have waited until after October 1st to give Middleton his deal, since all second-rounders are not guaranteed right off the bat.

#14 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 23, 2012 - 06:57 AM

I can't listen to real deal deem anybody scrubs anymore every time he says a player is a scrub he starts playing well and actually contributes.... Ex Gerald Green and Etwan Moore have both been solid contributors to their teams.... I'm starting to think he doesn't even actually watch the games but reads stats about the players

#15 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 23, 2012 - 07:56 AM

Lol this is going to be fun to watch

#16 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts

Posted October 23, 2012 - 08:01 AM

I'm not going to defend Flynn. He is what I said he is...a change of pace guard and would likely beat out Duhon, GLock and Morris.

If you love him or hate him, doesn't matter. It is what it is.

#17 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,327 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted October 23, 2012 - 08:06 AM

I'm not going to defend Flynn. He is what I said he is...a change of pace guard and would likely beat out Duhon, GLock and Morris.

If you love him or hate him, doesn't matter. It is what it is.

HE is no better than any1 we have & when your athleticism is the only reason you got a job in the NBA (meaning Flynn) once you have 1 serious injury and that athleticism goes = you become a journey man cuz you dont have a true position & relaly are not worth the time to waste to see if he can develop. He too small & doesnt do anything very well = pointless addition.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#18 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,366 posts

Posted October 23, 2012 - 08:17 AM

Lol this is going to be fun to watch

Lol uh oh
Posted Image

#19 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted October 23, 2012 - 08:18 AM

I thought it would of been obvious too lol

People...

#20 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,752 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 23, 2012 - 08:25 AM

I can't listen to real deal deem anybody scrubs anymore every time he says a player is a scrub he starts playing well and actually contributes.... Ex Gerald Green and Etwan Moore have both been solid contributors to their teams.... I'm starting to think he doesn't even actually watch the games but reads stats about the players

It seems to you......no one here watches basketball and you are king of basketball :laughing:

Oh and you made a big mistake :snack:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users