#781 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,290 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted October 21, 2012 - 08:28 PM

So glad the pre-season is almost done and I won't have to read over reactions over games that play 3rd string players big minutes.

It's gonna take 20 games of the real season to get a true rhythm with a rotation of players that will be on the squad. Once that's established there will be no stopping these guys.

Didnt know you can see the future. 20 games really. They cannot afford to loose games that count. We need home court in the playoffs. Seems like the bench cant understand the princeton offense. They let the shot clock run out and have to force shots.

#782 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted October 21, 2012 - 08:30 PM

Bench killed us, as did the offensive boards we gave up. Careless turnovers near the end (especially from Dwight up top) really hurt us down the stretch. I'm not too concerned about it, they'll fix those minor issues over the next few games as they build up chemistry.

We can't run a 5-man bench unit for stretches of games. It doesn't work, never will with our current bench. 2 of the starters need to be in there at all times, rotate them around through stretches and then plug them all in late to close teams out. It's incredibly simple, we'd better start implementing it soon and not a month or two from now.

agreed. good post.

Posted Image

#783 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,876 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 21, 2012 - 08:34 PM

"loose"? You mean "lose", I think.

Anyway, I didn't say they could afford to lose games and I didn't say they'd lose all 20. They won't go 82-0, so losses are going to come. Every game counts, but losses and wins will also count towards this team finding their groove. They don't need home court throughout to win anything.

No need to be sarcastic, I didn't say I could see the future, but I've watched enough basketball over the last 30+ years to see when it's going to take a while to get a team going.

You're integrating an almost entirely new team with guys that are used to being the only (or at most 1 of 2) go to guy on their team. It's not an instant switch.

Relax and enjoy the ride.

#784 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,212 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 08:37 PM

Starters shot 26/49 - 4/10 - 18/27 ... great overall effiicency. However, their 15 TOs killed them which will be fixed once everybody is comfortable with the offense. I hope I'll be able to watch the next game.

#785 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,329 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted October 21, 2012 - 08:41 PM

I like the calm and composed response to the loss by users here. I came from another Lakers forum and its overreactions galore over there. I don't see this team giving up 22 turnovers every night and when Hill comes back he will clean up some of the bench play, his hustle is contagious.

#786 fido

fido

• 11,876 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 08:41 PM

You and me both Ivanfield.

#787 RAFA

RAFA

Rookie

• 211 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:MAGIC JOHNSON

Posted October 21, 2012 - 09:29 PM

steve blake is trash .....

#788 fido

fido

• 11,876 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 09:31 PM

Totally agree reryo!

Glad to have another cool head aboard.

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 09:57 PM

I hate bill McDonald

Didn't know the Kings played in DC. "The nations captial" :laughing: @ Billy Mac. He's so terrible

Foody call!

Actaully its better for nash to keep playing on it. Ive sprained each of my ankles like 6-7 times each. They seemed to always heal fast if I kept walking on it afterwards rather than just rest it right way.

Ok father vitti

:laughing:

Crowd booed the TimeWarner commercial played in the arena again

Makes me proud.

yea go get checked better safe than sorry

That's what she said

:laughing:

CDR is gonna be fantastic for some other team.... :nah:

Certainly wouldn't shock me. I've seen it plenty of times throughout the years in this league.

Edited by    , October 21, 2012 - 10:11 PM.

yo.

#790 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 22, 2012 - 12:58 AM

Simply pathetic, 0-6 and we've played all games at "home".

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#791 maljanNBAfan

maljanNBAfan

Rookie

• 11 posts
  • Fan Since:2010
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 22, 2012 - 01:32 PM

Bench killed us, as did the offensive boards we gave up. Careless turnovers near the end (especially from Dwight up top) really hurt us down the stretch. I'm not too concerned about it, they'll fix those minor issues over the next few games as they build up chemistry.

We can't run a 5-man bench unit for stretches of games. It doesn't work, never will with our current bench. 2 of the starters need to be in there at all times, rotate them around through stretches and then plug them all in late to close teams out. It's incredibly simple, we'd better start implementing it soon and not a month or two from now.

When you break it down like that, the simplicity is so evident. Great points you've made. Nicely said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users