Photo

Nash or Rondo?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Nash or Rondo? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Which PG would you rather have ?

1. Steve Nash (7 votes [26.92%])

Percentage of vote: 26.92%

2. Rajon Rondo (19 votes [73.08%])

Percentage of vote: 73.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 18, 2012 - 10:23 AM

Simple question. If it was a playoff game who would you want as your Point Guard regardless of what the rest of the roster looks like?

Rondo is better than Nash over the course of an 82 game season right now, considering Nash is older, has more mileage and he plays way less minutes than he did during his prime years. Even then...right now a 38 year old Nash vs a 26 yr old Rondo if you wanted to go to battle in a winner takes all 1 game, which PG would you rather have?

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,545 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 18, 2012 - 10:26 AM

Nash fits our team better but Rondo is the better player.

#3 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,647 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 10:43 AM

Rondo.

Did you guys watch the Cetlics/Heats series? KG was a big part of it, but come on. Rondo carried the team. Looking at the stats right now, he averaged 17.3 Points, 11.9 (WTF) Assists, and 6.7 rebounds for a dude who is 6' 1". (I point out the height since he got so many boards.)

Sure, he can't shoot, but he can still score and not only that he plays HARD. Not that Steve Nash would give up, but I just see Rondo as having a tougher mentality and not taking [expletive]. He'll put everything he's got out there, and what he's got to give is a lot IMO.

Edit: I'd like to add, I think Rondo is the best PG in the game right now by definition of the position. Chris Paul is the best PLAYER to play the PG position, but if you are going to say who is the best actually point guard, it's Rondo IMO.

Edited by JGuez, October 18, 2012 - 10:45 AM.

#4 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,322 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted October 18, 2012 - 11:15 AM

I know Nash is a great shooter and all, but Rondo is a walking triple-double .. plus he's young ..

#5 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 18, 2012 - 11:25 AM

u should add RIGHT NOW, nash or rondo right now

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#6 t-1

t-1

Rookie

• 559 posts
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 18, 2012 - 11:58 AM

Rondon for 1 game winner takes all.

Don't know about over a whole season. Not sure what effect he would have in a locker room.

#7 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,450 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted October 18, 2012 - 12:03 PM

Edit: I'd like to add, I think Rondo is the best PG in the game right now by definition of the position. Chris Paul is the best PLAYER to play the PG position, but if you are going to say who is the best actually point guard, it's Rondo IMO.

Rondo all the way
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#8 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 18, 2012 - 12:07 PM

Steve Nash all day everyday. If I need to win one playoff game I would rather have a guy like Nash who has to be accounted for at all times rather than a guy like Rondo who is a liability in the offensive end and cannot spread the floor at all.
htCCl0m.png

#9 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,760 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted October 18, 2012 - 12:24 PM

Worthless Team vs Worthless Team

I'll take Rondo cause he can carry that team by himself unlike nash he really need consistent shooter

but in terms of inside team like D12 and Gasol

Nash would be more fittable

but still it depends on the situation

I'll take rondo he can carry his teammate like Kobe Bryant

plus Rondo can slow Nash

33bkfif.jpg

#10 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,879 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 18, 2012 - 01:18 PM

I would take Rondo, this guy comes through when he has to put his team on his back at times and is a triple double threat.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#11 tsidebotham

tsidebotham

Rookie

• 105 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 18, 2012 - 01:51 PM

Steve Nash... Nash makes everyone else on the court better... it is the absolute reverse of Rondo... rondo looks good because of the team around him. he is a better defender than Nash... but running a team, passing, shooting... all Steve.

Nash basically made players like Channing Fry an all star... while Rondo was surrounded by all stars and has put up stats, but are you telling me that ANY of the players on the celtics are better because Rondo is on the team?

this isn't to say Rondo sucks... he is a hell of a player... he's just not Steve...

#12 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,697 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 18, 2012 - 01:59 PM

of course its nash

#13 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 18, 2012 - 02:03 PM

Rondo. He's easily a top 5 PG in the NBA right now. Rondo brings defense and scoring, as well as the ability to run the floor and finish in transition. Nash couldn't do what Rondo did in that playoff game against the Heat where he dropped 40+ points (don't remember the exact stat line).

That being said, you could argue is a better fit for this team. With Dwight, Kobe, and Pau, we really don't need scoring. And Dwight neutralizes Nash's defensive weaknesses. Rather in the Princeton offense, we need a player who can get the ball to the other guys effectively and space the floor well with shooting, since we have two solid big men. However, if you put Rondo on this team, I definitely would not be complaining.

#14 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua

Posted October 18, 2012 - 05:06 PM

For one playoff game idk prob Nash for the simple fact that his shooting is in another stratosphere compared to Rondo, and it might come down to a game winner but Rondo is a better all around player than Nash and he does defend better.

#15 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted October 18, 2012 - 08:34 PM

Rondo

#16 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,792 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted October 18, 2012 - 08:41 PM

Rondo

Lock down D, has a nose for loose balls, court vision that rivals Nash's, and he just has that killer in him

Nash is a shoe in for the hall of fame, but to compare the two at this point in their careers, I'd rather have Rondo

2div

#17 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 09:45 PM

Come on guys Rondo got cut in place of guys like Stephen Curry and Chauncey Billups for Team USA spot. His shooting is that atrocious

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#18 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted October 18, 2012 - 10:08 PM

Steve Nash... Nash makes everyone else on the court better... it is the absolute reverse of Rondo... rondo looks good because of the team around him. he is a better defender than Nash... but running a team, passing, shooting... all Steve.

Nash basically made players like Channing Fry an all star... while Rondo was surrounded by all stars and has put up stats, but are you telling me that ANY of the players on the celtics are better because Rondo is on the team?

this isn't to say Rondo sucks... he is a hell of a player... he's just not Steve...

I wonder how your opinion would change if rondo was a laker.

#19 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,823 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted October 18, 2012 - 11:47 PM

Rondo. The only thing Nash does better is shoot. Rondo has him beat athletically, defensively, and he's just as effective a playmaker. I take Rondo over Nash every single time at this point in their careers.

#20 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,792 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted October 19, 2012 - 01:14 AM

If Nash were 10 years younger i would pick Nash. He's arguably one of the best shooters in NBA history and has beasted throughout his career despite mediocre athleticism. Plus from what I've read, Rondo has a poisonous personality. Drove Ray Allen off and despite his talent, always seems to be on the trading block. No doubt he can produce, but it helps to have had HOFers running with him nearly his entire career.

2div

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users