Photo

How would you feel if Lakers acquired LeBron as Kobe's heir in 2014?

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#221 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 20, 2012 - 10:07 PM

Since all of you love Lebron so much how about the rest of you become Heat fans.... smh [expletive] is sickening

#222 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,384 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 11:50 PM

Since all of you love Lebron so much how about the rest of you become Heat fans.... smh [expletive] is sickening

Cute.

Unfortunately for you, many of us are basketball fans as well and respect other talent, not just the ones wearing purple and gold.

Get out of here with that childish "oh go be Heat fans" .

#223 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,701 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 21, 2012 - 12:44 AM

I do believe its not a coincidence that we are going to have so much cap space but I dont think its for lebron. Remember 2 years is a long time from now and who knows who is going to be a super star at that time.

We will have dwight howard who at that time will probably be getting crazy stats and hopefully will have a championship or 2 on his resume to get talent here.

John Wall will be a FA and he would be a great fit. He may not be amazing right now with his low FG% but he is still dishing out 8 APG and thats on the [expletive]ty wizards.

Rudy Gay is another possibility with the player option.

But again would like to reiterate who knows is going to be a great player at the time. I defiantly wouldn't doubt a lot of players opting out to have a chance to come here.

#224 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 04:03 AM

Cute.

Unfortunately for you, many of us are basketball fans as well and respect other talent, not just the ones wearing purple and gold.

Get out of here with that childish "oh go be Heat fans" .

I doubt most of the posters here are even basketball fans because majority people here just know big names and don't even watch college.... Idk I would expect a a child to make a dumb statement like "we will get Lebron after Kobe leaves" but most lakers fans are spoiled anyway

#225 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie, Cooper, Ariza

Posted October 21, 2012 - 07:11 AM

I doubt most of the posters here are even basketball fans because majority people here just know big names and don't even watch college.... Idk I would expect a a child to make a dumb statement like "we will get Lebron after Kobe leaves" but most lakers fans are spoiled anyway

The only thing "childish" is your silly expectation that every laker fan should hate LBJ. Go play at recess and get into your "feuds" about something as trivial as Kobe vs LBJ.

Believe me, I've been a lakers before you were even born. I appreciate your loyalty to Lakers in thinking that we should stick together against the enemy, like Boston. But LBJ is not the enemy (at least not yet), and you've failed to make any argument on why I should hate on LBJ. Only that I'm supposed to hate him because of your personal schoolyard arguments. Grow up.

#226 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie, Cooper, Ariza

Posted October 21, 2012 - 07:13 AM

I do believe its not a coincidence that we are going to have so much cap space but I dont think its for lebron. Remember 2 years is a long time from now and who knows who is going to be a super star at that time.

We will have dwight howard who at that time will probably be getting crazy stats and hopefully will have a championship or 2 on his resume to get talent here.

John Wall will be a FA and he would be a great fit. He may not be amazing right now with his low FG% but he is still dishing out 8 APG and thats on the [expletive]ty wizards.

Rudy Gay is another possibility with the player option.

But again would like to reiterate who knows is going to be a great player at the time. I defiantly wouldn't doubt a lot of players opting out to have a chance to come here.

It most likely won't be LBJ. But it will/should be someone good. There might even be a player from the 2009 class that emerges in the next year that would be an even better option than lebron.

#227 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted October 21, 2012 - 09:45 AM

Can you give us any reasons as to why LAKER fans should hate LeBron? Again, I'm saying Laker fans, not basketball fans.

#228 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,028 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 21, 2012 - 10:22 AM

Kyrie Irving + Kevin Love > a 30 year old LeBron James

And as far as irvings contract goes I will say this. As long as we still have Mitch Kupchak anything is possible ;)

But the main thing is Mitch will be looking for a PG to take some weight off Nash by that time, and will look to sign Kevin Love to take up Pau's place because Pau will be gone and close to retirement by then.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#229 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted October 21, 2012 - 10:56 AM

Kyrie Irving + Kevin Love > a 30 year old LeBron James

And as far as irvings contract goes I will say this. As long as we still have Mitch Kupchak anything is possible ;)

But the main thing is Mitch will be looking for a PG to take some weight off Nash by that time, and will look to sign Kevin Love to take up Pau's place because Pau will be gone and close to retirement by then.

kyrie and love would be badass.

Posted Image

#230 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 21, 2012 - 01:52 PM

lol.....coming from the guy that rides morris to no end.

#231 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 21, 2012 - 02:06 PM

Wow, some stuff being said here is really immature.

It is completely possible to be a Laker fan and understand that LeBron is the best player in the game. I'd actually prefer discussing basketball with people who agree with that, because it shows that although they are Laker fans they still can watch the game of basketball without being totally biased. As much as I love Kobe and the Lakers, I grew up playing the game of basketball before becoming a devout fan of any team, and I'm here to discuss basketball with people, preferably those who can see things without fan goggles. Think about it, how much do we hate the fans of other teams who blindly hate on Kobe and call him a rapist and such? If we as Laker fans do that, that just takes away legitimacy from our fan base.

Five to seven years ago it was pretty evident Kobe was the best in the world. And it was great when non Laker fans agreed. Now it is our turn to do the same. The stats clearly support it, and if you watched the finals you'll definitely understand what I'm talking about with regards to LeBron's post game and changed attitude.

And if anyone thinks respecting LeBron's talent and liking the Lakers isn't possible, that means you're saying I'm not a Laker fan. And I consider myself to be one of the more devoted fans out there out the people I know. And I challenge you to show I'm an ignorant fan for giving props to players where its due.

#232 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 02:38 PM

Never been a stat guy but it's ridiculous how so many just look at stats and not the overall skill set of a player anymore... coming from a basketball fan that is a Lakers fan I never liked Lebron and I never seen anything special then just another Athletic Player but I guess he has enough awareness to pass and rebound.... but that's just an opinion based off of what I've seen from him since his beginnings in Cleveland to the last 2 years he's been with the Heat... but I guess whoever has the best stats is now the best player... even if they are not a consistent jump shooter and is finally getting a post game which is still very shaky... But Kobe is the most offensively sound player in the game the only other player who is as good on offense as Kobe is Melo which implies that they can score from anywhere on the court from Inside out and has a post game... If melo played defense like Tony Allen he would be better than Lebron... the only thing Lebron has over a lot of players in the league is his Athleticism and Speed... Which is nice and all but I still feel that a properly ran zone will SHUT Lebron down...

#233 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,701 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 02:52 PM

Then who does have better ability than lebron. Hate him or not he is the best player in the world right now. He completely dominated last year even when not looking at the stat sheet. If you really watch basketball like you claim not of us do then you should know he's the best.

And how can your not go by stats. Thats the best determent of how good a player is. Especially in basketball where there are so many games. I mean its one thing if his stats are close with people but his are off the charts. 53% FG% with 27 ppg 6 APG and 7 RPG. No one in the league can do what he does so I have no idea where you get this from.

Your just some pissed of person that has to say no one is a better basketball fan than me. Then when people give you sound argument you just say stop talking your an idiot. You go on about how much morris is a great player yet you cant even acknowledge lebrons greatness. Look I don't like lebron as a person or player but I still understand as a logical human being that he is by far the best player in the game right now. Have fun thinking your the smartest person in the world. You must have so much fun knowing that.

#234 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,593 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted October 21, 2012 - 03:00 PM

:laughing:

#235 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 03:01 PM

Then who does have better ability than lebron. Hate him or not he is the best player in the world right now. He completely dominated last year even when not looking at the stat sheet. If you really watch basketball like you claim not of us do then you should know he's the best.

And how can your not go by stats. Thats the best determent of how good a player is. Especially in basketball where there are so many games. I mean its one thing if his stats are close with people but his are off the charts. 53% FG% with 27 ppg 6 APG and 7 RPG. No one in the league can do what he does so I have no idea where you get this from.

Your just some pissed of person that has to say no one is a better basketball fan than me. Then when people give you sound argument you just say stop talking your an idiot. You go on about how much morris is a great player yet you cant even acknowledge lebrons greatness. Look I don't like lebron as a person or player but I still understand as a logical human being that he is by far the best player in the game right now. Have fun thinking your the smartest person in the world. You must have so much fun knowing that.

Nothing you say matters I've never seen you actually formulate any kind of opinion about anybody all you do is cosign and don't even watch basketball..

#236 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 03:02 PM

lol.....coming from the guy that rides morris to no end.

I say Morris could be a good BACKUP PG and everybody says I think he's going to be a star lol in all my arguments for Morris is that I believe he's better than Steve Blake who is a below average PG and people go overboard smh

Edited by Cj2008nw, October 21, 2012 - 03:02 PM.

#237 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,028 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 21, 2012 - 03:05 PM

I don't even think LeBron would be our best business move to go for in 2014. Rather have Love and Irving to be honest. Like I said LeBron will be in his 30s and Pau will be gone and Nash will be in the last year of his contract. Irving and Love fill both those holes on our team and both could be gotten so I'd rather pick up those two than spending it all on LeBron James.

as far as 27 6 and 7 and over 50% shooting.

Kobe will come close to that this year with the way the team is designed and the shooters he's finally surrounded by. But no one will consider it "amazing" I'm sure.

Edited by Majesty, October 21, 2012 - 03:07 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#238 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,701 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 03:09 PM

Nothing you say matters I've never seen you actually formulate any kind of opinion about anybody all you do is cosign and don't even watch basketball..

Wow you literally just did what I said you would. You are a joke.

#239 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 03:16 PM

Wow you literally just did what I said you would. You are a joke.

I don't debate with people who cosign and don't watch games idc if people disagree with me that's the opinion I formed from what I've actually seen you just cosign and you don't even know players outside of the lakers roster lol and you post a stat line when I just said I'm not a stat guy...Lebron always has ridiculous stats but after 9 years he only has one ring? so If he was as good as his stats are then he would have won more rings than just one and I doubt he will repeat... You can have the best stats in the world but if your not winning and your not as skilled as the next player how good are you really?

#240 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 21, 2012 - 03:17 PM

I say Morris could be a good BACKUP PG and everybody says I think he's going to be a star lol in all my arguments for Morris is that I believe he's better than Steve Blake who is a below average PG and people go overboard smh

And Real Deal has already brought evidence saying otherwise.

I think you are the one that doesn't understand basketball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users