Photo

We Need Shaq Back!! (What Happened to the Good Ol' Days?)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 L.A. Dynasty

L.A. Dynasty

Rookie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 31, 2008 - 09:11 AM

We don't need Shaq to relive the Good Ol' Days. Some new Good Ol' Days are coming up without him!

#22 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted July 31, 2008 - 10:31 AM

Overweight, old Shaq V Young and hungry Bynum?

Pretty simple.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#23 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,812 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 31, 2008 - 10:36 AM

Dont' forget, Shaq still holds a grudge against Kobe for ratting him out in Colorado. I don't think he ever forgave him for that. Also, Shaq's waaaay too old to even consider bringing back to LA and I'd never do it. Especially after "Tell Me How My @$$ Tastes".

#24 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted July 31, 2008 - 11:18 AM

^ Reminds me, Justin Timberlake was rapping that on ESPY 08....laughed loud when I saw that.

#25 D1ZzY24

D1ZzY24

ΣΛΒ

• 370 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Black Mamba

Posted July 31, 2008 - 11:42 AM

:rock: :hi:

#26 Euro Trash

Euro Trash

Rookie

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and The Machine

Posted July 31, 2008 - 02:33 PM

When did Shaq ever go by Shaquille "The Man" O'Neal....? And as from bringing back Shaq I think the lakers would rather tell him how his arse tastes. Boy is done after this season.

#27 Daddy4MVP

Daddy4MVP

Rookie

• 353 posts
  • Fan Since:Always
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza 4 MVP

Posted July 31, 2008 - 03:51 PM

No Offense to Odom Fans, But if Shaq played odom's Position, he would be better at 40 Years old then Odom Now...

All im Saying/ Trying to put out there is that although Bynum and Gasol are good Players, the Laker team (on many nights) is a 1-Man-Show. And Many Teams (Like the Celtics) took advantage of that by just getting 3-4 Bodies on him at a time. If we Had Someone (Or if Bynum and Gasol Practiced their Game) We could have a good team.

Losing to the Celtics got me to thinking...We cant just put 3-4 People to Guard Ray, Garnett, or Pierce, because then the other 2 can get off Perfectly by themselves. All a Referee who was bribed needs to do to bring the Lakers down, is call cheesy calls on Kobe and BOOM, with the celts its much harder.

I am very impressed with Farmar/Vujacic Though, Im sure they will both be starters on either the Lakers or another team in another couple years
Posted Image

#28 Cooleo

Cooleo

you need a dose of my dopeness.

• 959 posts
  • Fav. Laker:da black mamba

Posted July 31, 2008 - 04:32 PM

shaq<refrigerator.

#29 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted July 31, 2008 - 06:37 PM

#1 No Offense to Odom Fans, But if Shaq played odom's Position, he would be better at 40 Years old then Odom Now...

All im Saying/ Trying to put out there is that although Bynum and Gasol are good Players, the Laker team (on many nights) is a 1-Man-Show. And Many Teams (Like the Celtics) took advantage of that by just getting 3-4 Bodies on him at a time. #2 If we Had Someone (Or if Bynum and Gasol Practiced their Game) We could have a good team.

#1 - if shaq played at PF we would get demolished because bynum would be playing center ... shaq has no outside shot and at his age and weight, he will CONSTANTLY get burned by the speed of opposing PF's when theyre set 10 feet outside of the basket, and during the pick n roll, pffft, no need to explain about that, he has no pNr D ..... as for the SF spot, youre actually telling me that shaq can play the SF better than odom ... hell im not even an odom lover and i cant believe you acknowledge this

#2 - we have a good team, one thats wayyyyyyyyy better than if we had shaq back, and youre telling us that gasol and bynum dont work on their game, bynum has improved GREATLY EVERY year and this is Pau's 1st full year of the triangle coming up, hell he learned on the fly this last season, and yo uthink thats why we dont have a good team? we were in the finals dude, there are like 25 teams out there that havent been to the finals in the last 10+ years and youre talking like we dont have a good team. yes i understand you want another superstar but its not that easy and shaqdaddy IS NOT the answer
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#30 328iGuy

328iGuy

Warrior Glare

• 304 posts
  • Fan Since:SHOWTIME

Posted July 31, 2008 - 08:56 PM

Posted Image
"You have to understand, I love L.A., I love being our ambassador, I love bringing people together," he said. "It's funny, but I guess it still feels like I'm playing point guard, but in a different way, doing stuff more meaningful than winning."

-Magic Johnson

#31 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted August 01, 2008 - 01:40 AM

Shaq is a true center, he cannot play PF or SF, period... :rock:

No range, no jumpshot, way too slow, and horrible P&R D...

Edited by Kwame is in my closet, August 01, 2008 - 01:47 AM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#32 purple_and_gold_fever

purple_and_gold_fever

Sixth Man

• 3,811 posts

Posted August 01, 2008 - 10:08 AM

no thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users