The Death Bringer

• 1,880 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 14, 2012 - 05:42 PM

Preseason are nothing except for mike brown

Mike brown was still experimenting his new offense

who fits and who are not fitted in his offense.

but still I prefer barbosa over this guy since the trade rumor about barbosa started

33bkfif.jpg

#42 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,979 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 14, 2012 - 08:42 PM

Meeks will be fine. He can shoot 3s and defend some and he wont go 2-13 from the field going forward. Right Mike Brown is trying out a bunch of different players which results in inconsistent minutes and line-ups for Meeks, who is just now trying to figuring out the offense.

Once the regular season starts, he will get consistent minutes next to Nash, Howard and Pau and will be very important/efficient as a floor-spacer. Just wait...

#43 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,143 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted October 14, 2012 - 08:46 PM

I think its way too early to tell and even then I doubt he will end up as bad as Blake he'll be a solid player off the bench

Posted Image

#44 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 14, 2012 - 08:56 PM

Already huh? :blink:
Posted Image

#45 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 14, 2012 - 09:13 PM

many of his shots are assisted in these vids,BUT that doesnt mean he wasnt creating his own shot! he created all of his own shots in these vids ,other than 3s. even on the assisted shots where he only took one dribble, the dribble got him open,most definitely did. theres no arguing that Gerald Green is NOW a complete scorer, he takes defenders off the dribble to the hoop, he has a standstill jumper, and he has an off the dribble jumper. the fact that he has a high% of assisted FGs means that he's a good shooter, but he's OBVIOUSLY not only that.. youre a little bitter that he was a Laker, you dont want him to be this good. i,personally, didnt even know until recently that he was a Laker at one point last season,,,it pisses me off but im still happy for him, i cant deny what i see. he can be the best wing on the Pacers this year, if Granger keeps coming up short

1) Gerald Green is absolutely, positively not a complete scorer. He doesn't have a post game, he doesn't have a contested jumper, and he doesn't get to the line enough. LeBron, Kobe...those are complete scorers. Gerald Green isn't even close...and not only that, but he's not doing it against teams focusing their defense on him (and those teams aren't sticking their best player on him for an entire game).

Green had just 18 games where he took 10+ shots last season. Just 18 games. In those 18 games, he shot under 43% six times...so out of those 18, he had around 12 good games.

And I don't really care what a player does in 12 games.

Highlights won't do much for me. I can find you a Smush Parker highlight video on Youtube.

2) Green was never a Laker. If he didn't play a single regular season game for us, he was never a Laker.

I think you just don't like Gerald Green for whatever reason it may be....

I don't like Gerald Green because you continue to overrate him. In 2005, I wanted the Lakers to draft him if Granger was no longer on the board, and they ended up passing on both players. Like I've said before, I watched a few of Green's high school games and thought he could be a McGrady, and I was deaaaaad wrong.

and with steve nash being a facilitator for us him being on this team he would flourish with us if you believe it or not...

He probably would, since Steve Nash can make nearly anyone look good. Kobe made Smush Parker look good, too...for two seasons. Before, and after, his stint with LAL...he was a "Grade A" scrub who went from starting PG for LA...to garbage for the Clips and Heat for just one combined season, then gained 300 pounds and never played again.

I don't want Smush on this team, and I don't want Green here, either.

You know what's wacky about all of that, though? Smush actually put up similar numbers, but did it for two complete seasons...didn't shoot as well (but acceptable), yet he threw more assists, shot the three almost as well, rebounded nearly as well, and both are bad defenders. Hilarious.

Despite those numbers that Smush put up (and numbers that, well, you'd be proud of, since they are near Green's), Kobe pretty much throws Parker under the bus any chance he gets now, because...well, his numbers were inflated and made him out to be a better player than he really was.

and After watching Darius Morris last night I still believe he has the tools to be a good back up but he has to work on his decision making and needs to play more confident

His confidence is why he makes bad decisions, and as a point guard, he's going to struggle to find a job in this league because of it. You'll see (you're finding that out right now, but I guess it'll take more than just that).

#46 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 689 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted October 14, 2012 - 10:02 PM

He probably would, since Steve Nash can make nearly anyone look good. Kobe made Smush Parker look good, too...for two seasons. Before, and after, his stint with LAL...he was a "Grade A" scrub who went from starting PG for LA...to garbage for the Clips and Heat for just one combined season, then gained 300 pounds and never played again.

trololol, and then proceeded to look like Whoopie Goldberg.

Anyway, I'll reserve all my criticisms until the new year. But I do believe Meeks will be more than fine come mid-season.

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#47 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 10:04 PM

I'll say this Meeks will be best utilized next to Kobe and Nash...same can be said for Goudelock but Brown has his own set of ideas

Edited by MDI, October 14, 2012 - 10:05 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#48 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 10:21 PM

Lets also wait to see the kid play with Dwight in the lineup who will command double teams and who knows how to pass the ball.

#49 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 14, 2012 - 10:26 PM

give the kid a chance without being so quick to judge. tbh , you are complaining about things they already knew before signing him. is it a damn secret that he is streaky as hell or not a great man to man defender?

look at his season averages and find comfort in his overall 3pt efficiency, which doesnt deviate much.
he was brought here to space the floor and that he will do.... eventually.

what did you expect to get out of a young player for that kind of money.?
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#50 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History

Posted October 14, 2012 - 10:31 PM

I'll say this Meeks will be best utilized next to Kobe and Nash...same can be said for Goudelock but Brown has his own set of ideas

yes meeks is much more useful with the starters or inside presence. imo, cdr would be more suited for a scorer without those guys on the floor.
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#51 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,770 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted October 14, 2012 - 10:45 PM

Who cares about his performance in preseason games that only 5 Laker fans can see? :blink:

Edited by AnnoyingCustomer, October 15, 2012 - 12:38 AM.

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#52 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted October 14, 2012 - 11:44 PM

For the record I could care less about preseason evaluation. That being said, Meeks has simply not looked comfortable on the court as of date.

At least in my observation, he's looked quite lost on the court. For the Lakers' sake I hope Meek's "real season" play will not be indicative of his preseason performance. That is, while playing with kobe/nash/dwight his court presence will be more felt

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#53 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 15, 2012 - 01:59 AM

1) Gerald Green is absolutely, positively not a complete scorer. He doesn't have a post game, he doesn't have a contested jumper, and he doesn't get to the line enough. LeBron, Kobe...those are complete scorers. Gerald Green isn't even close...and not only that, but he's not doing it against teams focusing their defense on him (and those teams aren't sticking their best player on him for an entire game).

Green had just 18 games where he took 10+ shots last season. Just 18 games. In those 18 games, he shot under 43% six times...so out of those 18, he had around 12 good games.

And I don't really care what a player does in 12 games.

Highlights won't do much for me. I can find you a Smush Parker highlight video on Youtube.

2) Green was never a Laker. If he didn't play a single regular season game for us, he was never a Laker.

I don't like Gerald Green because you continue to overrate him. In 2005, I wanted the Lakers to draft him if Granger was no longer on the board, and they ended up passing on both players. Like I've said before, I watched a few of Green's high school games and thought he could be a McGrady, and I was deaaaaad wrong.

this vid shows his whole repertoire. at 1:15-1:30 he shows that he can post up, ive seen him post up multiple times, ALSO he does make slightly contested jumpers at least. but what he does do is drive the lane and finish, so dont say he doesnt get to the line enough, cuz he gets into the paint and scores alot.

imo a complete guard scorer can shoot, take it to the hole, and finish. in your opinion, James Harden,chris paul, Monte Ellis, Lou Will,drose, steph curry, all those guys arent complete scorers. but throw aside the definition of "complete" and Gerald Green is still in a class of scorers that can take what the D gives them, taking it to the hole, and shoot, and theres only a couple players on each team who are in that class,if that! Gerald Green is below the top tier of scorers,n i dont expect him to get to the level that Tracy Mccrady was at , but how can you! however Gerlad Green is close to being as good of a scorer as James Harden, thats an accomplishment, let people admire his scoring abilities!
And yes he only shot 43% or whatever, but so did Paul Peirce for most of his career, Green can take what the D gives, his fg% will rise.

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, October 15, 2012 - 02:09 AM.

#54 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 15, 2012 - 05:01 AM

And nothing said of the fact that when Howard is in there the spacing for every person on the court completely changes.

*heavy sigh*

#55 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,369 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted October 15, 2012 - 05:21 AM

@RealDeal

that defense you told me meeks plays hasnt been shown yet, hopefully he puts it all together & gets comfortable.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#56 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted October 15, 2012 - 05:46 AM

@RealDeal

that defense you told me meeks plays hasnt been shown yet, hopefully he puts it all together & gets comfortable.

it actally has been showcased, i was looking for it as well. he played great D the game before last. the first game James Worthy slammed him for his D, and the next game he played GREAT D. his matchup never got close to beating him off the dribble, he moved his feet like a lock down defender, he almost forced a couple steals but the ball didnt bounce his way. he really impressed me on D that game..he can be a lockdown defender , another reason for why i would play him ALOT with the starters , minus MEtta. let meeks check the PG,let nash rest a just a tiny bit on D.. Mike Browns also said that Meeks D has been impressive

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, October 15, 2012 - 05:47 AM.

#57 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968

Posted October 15, 2012 - 07:42 AM

I love when posters say it's only preseason......well last season when there was not a preseason to speak of....it was important to have a pre season...now when there is a full preseason it does not mean much!
Look, to me it's all about MB, Meeks should be getting min right now in the preseason to see how he performs with the better lineups. MB himself does not know Meeks so why is MB playing players that have zero chance of making an WNBA team let alone an NBA team? MB is not going to get this team where it needs to go...sorry, I have seen enough of Mr. Potato head!
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#58 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,369 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted October 15, 2012 - 08:59 AM

it actally has been showcased, i was looking for it as well. he played great D the game before last. the first game James Worthy slammed him for his D, and the next game he played GREAT D. his matchup never got close to beating him off the dribble, he moved his feet like a lock down defender, he almost forced a couple steals but the ball didnt bounce his way. he really impressed me on D that game..he can be a lockdown defender , another reason for why i would play him ALOT with the starters , minus MEtta. let meeks check the PG,let nash rest a just a tiny bit on D.. Mike Browns also said that Meeks D has been impressive

I dont think he could be a lock down defender but I do agree he would be better served along the starters instead of primarily with reserves only. I like the idea of him checking PGs rather than SGS as well. I thought before Real Deal brought to my attention that he was a terrible defender and that was partly why Philly took him out of the rotation. Like I said hopefully he will continue to get better. But Im not sold at all yet.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#59 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted October 15, 2012 - 09:18 AM

I dont think he could be a lock down defender but I do agree he would be better served along the starters instead of primarily with reserves only. I like the idea of him checking PGs rather than SGS as well. I thought before Real Deal brought to my attention that he was a terrible defender and that was partly why Philly took him out of the rotation. Like I said hopefully he will continue to get better. But Im not sold at all yet.

well he played straight up LOCKDOWN D on Wesley Mathews, whos chubby butt may or may not be the quickest guard, but still MAthews gets buckets ,and he does have some quickness for sure.. Meeks D stood out , Mathews didnt get a step on him, Meeks locked him up , bruce bowen status, I SAW IT WITH MY OWN EYES, it was no average stuff, it was like that clip of DJO locking up Morris in practice, hahahah just like that. (morris is weak,imo)

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, October 15, 2012 - 09:19 AM.

#60 The Next Stig

The Next Stig

Greatest

• 453 posts
  • Name:Jr

Posted October 15, 2012 - 11:26 AM

lol dudes is funny as hell.

templaRS_zpsfc271f2c.jpg

Follow me on Instagram- Socalk1d

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users