45 replies to this topic

#21 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 12, 2012 - 03:50 PM

He can catch a basketball and finish near the rim. I don't mind at all.

This. Ever since summer league when I saw he had said abilities I have said I wouldn't mind him at the end of the bench. Nash can make him look decent, plus an extra 6 fouls :P

• 40,404 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 04:09 PM

That's nice, but the more important and way better player is CDR. Waiting for a report like this for him. I'd be pretty devastated (obviously) if he somehow didn't ultimately make the team. It's encouraging to hear so many good things/reports coming out about him, but I won't get my hopes up. I won't believe he actually makes this team until it's official.

Do you think he would make the team if we didn't had Nash? I don't

Nash has definitely made him look good so far this pre-season. He needs to thank Dwight (for missing games and allowing him the opportunity to start and play so much with Nash) and Nash for making him look so good and thus the two possibly being big reasons why he may ultimately make this roster. Sometimes life works out that way. Just turns in your favor. Circumstances, luck, whatever it may be. Good for him.

Edited by    , October 12, 2012 - 04:10 PM.

yo.

#23 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,159 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 12, 2012 - 04:24 PM

Let me make one thing very clear though. |

Shipping out Duhon is VERY important.

Because if you want CDR and Sacre on this team then he HAS to go.

We can't have both and still keep Duhon. Because we have Clark already on a contract. So with Duhon, and Clark our roster would be 16 with CDR AND Sacre

Remember this lineup I posted

Steve Nash, Steve Blake, Chris Duhon, Darius Morris
Kobe Bryant, Jodie Meeks, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Andrew Goudelock
Metta World Peace, Devin Ebanks
Pau Gasol, Antawn Jamison, Jordan Hill
Dwight Howard, Robert Sacre

I marked the 3 inactives. But the one guy I forgot was that we still had Earl Clark...

Earl Clark makes our roster 16....

Which we can't have. So when I say we NEED to get rid of Duhon... we absolutely NEED to. If we don't then if Sacre makes the team CDR won't. It's as simple as that.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#24 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 12, 2012 - 04:39 PM

We can't have both and still keep Duhon. Because we have Clark already on a contract. So with Duhon, and Clark our roster would be 16 with CDR AND Sacre

I marked the 3 inactives. But the one guy I forgot was that we still had Earl Clark...

Which we can't have. So when I say we NEED to get rid of Duhon... we absolutely NEED to. If we don't then if Sacre makes the team CDR won't. It's as simple as that.

We could just buy him out.

#25 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,159 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 04:41 PM

We could just buy him out.

We could but I think we'll try to get a TPE for him or something first. If all else fails yes we need to buy him out. It's a definite need! :censored:

Though it would cost us some money down the line, we have the new Lakers channel for that :whistle:

#26 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,810 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 12, 2012 - 05:59 PM

If any GM gives us a TPE for Chris Duhon, he'll be fired by the next morning.

#27 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted October 12, 2012 - 06:12 PM

yeah I'm damn right ! I knew it ! He can make it, he's more useful than the stupid DARIUS MORRIS and his Believer but robert sacre needs to prove more and more consistency to make it.

33bkfif.jpg

#28 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,241 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted October 12, 2012 - 06:31 PM

Isn't Goudelock's contract unguaranteed? According to this article the Lakers have yet to pick up his option for this year.
Posted Image

#29 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,159 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 08:26 PM

Isn't Goudelock's contract unguaranteed? According to this article the Lakers have yet to pick up his option for this year.

If that's the case then CDR definitely should beat him for that spot.

But I think they'll want to keep Goudelock around so I can see them putting him on the D-Fenders if that's the case.

#30 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,350 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted October 12, 2012 - 11:26 PM

That was rude lol. A little too much German pride...

:yes: Sorrry but I didnt mean it ...

this were the cologne 99ers and this promotion poster hanged around cologne 7 years ago..he was really popular!!!

Posted Image

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#31 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 11:44 PM

Robert Sacre was already on to the part where he needed to get his mind right to deal with all the sympathy texts. Missouri point guard Marcus Denmon had been chosen by the San Antonio Spurs, 59th overall in the 2012 NBA draft and the Los Angeles Lakers, a team he'd never even worked out for, had the last pick.

Sacre's one-year-old son Quinton was tired and ready for bed. His family had gathered at his grandparents' house in Villeplatte, Louisiana started getting concerned.

That's probably it, Sacre thought.

"But I figured I'd been watching for the last four and a half hours, might as well finish it out," Sacre said. "Mentally, I was already preparing for all the sympathy texts like, 'Don't worry, everything is going to be alright' and trying to get my head right."

And then he saw it. Or heard it. Who remembers the details now?

The Lakers took him with the 60th and last pick in the NBA draft.

In some snarky corners of the sports world, they call that distinction Mr. Irrelevant. But so far this preseason, Sacre has been anything but.

The 23-year-old rookie center from Gonzaga has started all three of the Lakers' preseason games in place of the injured Dwight Howard. Saturday night in the Lakers' 99-86 loss to the Utah Jazz he was far more than a place-holder, finishing with nine points, 10 rebounds and three blocks in 27 minutes.

"It's still pretty surreal," Sacre said. "I'm not even going to lie. All the stars are aligning for some reason.

"I'm starting. And when I look around, there's Hall of Famers on either side of me."

This won't last of course. Howard should be back in the next few weeks. So will Jordan Hill. And even if Howard takes a while to round into shape, Lakers coach Mike Brown has indicated he'd start Pau Gasol at center in a regular season game, not Sacre.

But for a guy who began his professional career bracing for the worst, things have taken a pretty nice turn.

"I'm not going to hold my breath because anything can happen," Sacre said, when asked if he thought he would make the Lakers' roster. "But I know I can play with these guys now. I think that's the biggest thing I've been able to show."

This would all be another nice training camp story if there wasn't a very compelling reason for the Lakers to keep Sacre and several other young players this season.

With starters Kobe Bryant ($27.8 million), Howard ($19.5 million), Gasol ($19 million), Steve Nash ($8.9 million) and Metta World Peace ($7.2 million) taking up $82.4 million of the Lakers already-bloated $99.2 million guaranteed payroll, you have to think the organization will look to cut costs where it can. And in the NBA, younger is almost always cheaper.

Sacre would make just $473,604 if he makes the team and plays a full season. Second-year point guard Darius Morris, whom Brown said has been impressive in camp thus far and played almost 19 minutes in Saturday's loss, will make $962,195. Second-year guard Andrew Goudelock would make $762,195 if he makes the team and plays a full season.

Is Sacre the best they could do for front court depth? Not when veterans like Craig Smith and Kenyon Martin are still available. But when we're talking about a player who will probably play only five-10 minutes a game in a regular season, how much does that difference really matter?

It's why ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported Friday that the Lakers are listening to offers for backup point guards Chris Duhon and Steve Blake. Both are quality backups. But if Morris can be counted on, do they really want to pay them a combined $7.5 million this year?

And even if it does matter some, there's something to be said for finding good young players who can be molded within the organization on rookie-scale contracts for a few years.

"I told Kobe that he's really going to like him," Lakers forward Metta World Peace said of Sacre. "I played with him this summer and it was like, 'Who is this kid?'

"He can roll, he can shoot, he can open the floor up by hitting those little shots that are difficult to hit. He's really good at those. He has really good touch."

Said Bryant: "He's a very smart player, so he's able to read the defense, and read how they're playing Steve, how they're reading me. He's able to get himself in positions to be successful. He made plays for others as well making plays for himself. Rebounding. He's doing a fantastic job. I'm pleasantly surprised in what we have in him."

Brown wasn't ready to say Sacre would make the team, but it's hard to overlook how solid he has been in a difficult role thus far.

"I thought Sacre was solid," Brown said. "He didn't try to do anything outside of the norm. He didn't try to do too much. He just used his big body. He made some rookie mistakes. But he's earned his minutes by keeping it simple and trying to fit in."

Sacre credited Gonzaga coach Mark Few for helping him learn to stay within himself and former Gonzaga star Ronny Turiaf for giving him a taste of the NBA over the years.

Not bad for a guy whose career began as Mr. Irrelavant.

"I'm the 60th pick and I'm on a great team. How can you really complain?" Sacre said. "I could be in a lot worse places. I'm playing in the NBA, I'm the last pick, I'm playing with great guys I can always learn from. It's a dream come true."

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#32 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,350 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted October 14, 2012 - 12:09 AM

GO SACRE!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#33 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie, Cooper, Ariza

Posted October 14, 2012 - 11:03 AM

If you ever go to the celtics forum, they already have buyers' remorse for drafting Melo so high. Many of the posters are commenting how much better Sacre is, and we got him with the last pick in the second rd. Kelts grabbed Melo in the first and he will never be in the NBA...

#34 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 14, 2012 - 11:18 AM

He will make the Final Roster he has been playing consistent and well the last few preseason games

#35 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,496 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 12:34 PM

I just got to watch the highlights from last night's game.

Really digging his game. Can shoot a mid range jumper, has a nice hook and he goes for the blocks and looks for an open man.

#36 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,729 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 14, 2012 - 01:09 PM

Sacre will easily make it. He's great for practice and a decent back up. He may not play much if we throw him into a game we know he can at least play some defense. He was a good pick.

#37 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted October 14, 2012 - 02:08 PM

He's a great insurance big, if he starts to play really well he gives the bench a lot of flexibility and gives Pau and Howard more rest at times.
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

#38 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 05:32 PM

:rock: I wonder where's Darius morris fan who's defending him against my sacre before.

I guess right now he's eating his words :rock:

33bkfif.jpg

#39 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,258 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 14, 2012 - 06:09 PM

:rock: I wonder where's Darius morris fan who's defending him against my sacre before.

I guess right now he's eating his words :rock:

Your Sacre? How long have you two been seeing eachother?

#40 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 06:19 PM

Your Sacre? How long have you two been seeing eachother?

Oh come on men

I'm just his fan

your taking it seriously :P

relax ^_^

33bkfif.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users