#122 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 15, 2012 - 02:05 AM

I wish real life trade could be like 2K, I just traded Duhon, Blake, and Clark for George Hill. :laughing:

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#123 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 15, 2012 - 02:08 AM

I wish real life trade could be like 2K, I just traded Duhon, Blake, and Clark for George Hill. :laughing:

lol. our trades for Dwight and Nash tho, WERE 2k-ish trades!hahahahah

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#124 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 15, 2012 - 11:01 AM

why is everyone hung up over the fact that Bosa isnt a true PG?(not you^) the 2nd unit doesnt need a true PG, the 2nd unit needs scoring.......... ..

i know right, its not like we have a true pg backup anyways. sure blake has better pg skills but how often does he actually show them?

@majesty- sure, du-nothing is the obvious one to move but he would be harder to get rid of than blake so id have to say he is less likely to be traded.

hmm what draft picks do they even have left? the lakers dont have a whole lot left in the way of exceptions (1.1m i believe is the largest) to help a team salary dump very much salary.

Edited by SweatShop, October 15, 2012 - 11:43 AM.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#125 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted October 15, 2012 - 11:19 AM

10 million for Calderon's contract as opposed to Barbosa (who's arguably the better player, but not as pure as a true PG) for 8 million or more less.

considering calderon is possibly the worst defending pg in the league, that a lot of money for him.
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#126 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted October 15, 2012 - 11:20 AM

I see what you did there.

lol couldnt help myself

@keepitreal - yes he is not the fastest perimeter defender anymore but his intelligence, hands, relentlessness, and dwight all make up for that. he has still proven to give some very very good players bad nights(against him while torching other lakers in the same game), and that was with slow bynum

Edited by SweatShop, October 15, 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#127 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 15, 2012 - 01:05 PM

lol couldnt help myself

@keepitreal - yes he is not the fastest perimeter defender anymore but his intelligence, hands, relentlessness, and dwight all make up for that. he has still proven to give some very very good players bad nights(against him while torching other lakers in the same game), and that was with slow bynum

yes,my friend, dwight makes allows all of our perimeter defenders to play agressive and contest shots, doesnt mean go for steals tho, just means no easy,open shots!!!!!!! :omg:

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#128 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 15, 2012 - 01:07 PM

Hopefully by the end of training camp they will be either bought out or traded for a trade exception

#129 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted October 15, 2012 - 02:22 PM

yes,my friend, dwight makes allows all of our perimeter defenders to play agressive and contest shots, doesnt mean go for steals tho, just means no easy,open shots!!!!!!! :omg:

i dont have a problem with going for steals as long as its not a gamble like iverson used to do or because they are playing matador defense. he is pretty good for his size at reading passing lanes as well. he is also very good at forcing and will give dwight a field day on a regular basis, and vice versa.

Edited by SweatShop, October 15, 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#130 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,173 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted October 15, 2012 - 02:32 PM

what does fish have to do with this?

Posted Image

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#131 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,041 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 15, 2012 - 03:09 PM

Posted Image

This is why we were all excited when we first got Blake. Then we realized he only looked because this one was guarding him.

#132 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 15, 2012 - 03:10 PM

This is why we were all excited when we first got Blake. Then we realized he only looked because this one was guarding him.

Posted Image

#133 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,074 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 15, 2012 - 03:53 PM

This one that everyone's begging to come back ... :censored:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#134 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 15, 2012 - 04:03 PM

This one that everyone's begging to come back ... :censored:

:laughing: :facepalm:

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#135 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie, Cooper, Ariza

Posted October 15, 2012 - 04:05 PM

Didn't realize Fisher guarded Blake all 80 games that Blake played the year before we signed him :rolleyes:

#136 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,857 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 15, 2012 - 04:24 PM

Didn't realize Fisher guarded Blake all 80 games that Blake played the year before we signed him :rolleyes:

I elieve what there referring to is a game in which blake got a triple double on us while fisher was the pg. Problem was that it was the last game of the season and we werent really trying cuz the seeding already was locked up.

#137 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 15, 2012 - 04:56 PM

Steve Blake is garbage... then and he is garbage now....

#138 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,721 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 15, 2012 - 04:59 PM

Steve Blake is garbage... then and he is garbage now....

dont disregard morris

#139 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 15, 2012 - 05:53 PM

Sadly, I had pretty high hopes for the Blake signing. I figured he'd come here as a knockdown shooter and guy who would get us some easy offense from time to time by driving and kicking. Thought he would excel playing alongside Kobe and Pau who would open the floor for him. I did not expect him to turn into a hesitant shooter who flinches every time he has an open look nor did I expect him to forget how to drive in.

Just terrible.

#140 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,074 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 15, 2012 - 06:15 PM

Sadly, I had pretty high hopes for the Blake signing. I figured he'd come here as a knockdown shooter and guy who would get us some easy offense from time to time by driving and kicking. Thought he would excel playing alongside Kobe and Pau who would open the floor for him. I did not expect him to turn into a hesitant shooter who flinches every time he has an open look nor did I expect him to forget how to drive in.

Just terrible.

I always look to his first game as a Laker when we played a lot of PnR and Shannon was our 2 and how well Blake played in the PnR that game and how both Barnes and Gasol set him up very well for drives and dishes and how involved he was in the on the bench offense whether it was passing or shooting off screens. That is the kind of offense he is the most comfortable in. But as the season went on it kind of settled into that he was just a knockdown shooter and we didn't use PnR much anymore just looked for him to be open and I really didn't like seeing that. Even so, I thought he played "alright" in the system, Phil should have NEVER brought him back when he was sick and I'm sure even Phil regrets that. But when he played PnR with us off Gasol and sometimes Barnes and had a compotent 2 like Shannon on the court things seemed to flow better.

Hence why I think the Princeton is going to suit him perfectly when he has a player like Meeks or CDR next to him and Pau and/or Howard setting some screens. I think he'll have a better year. I don't see him re-emerging to Portland form but I expect him to play better than he has in a while.

Edited by Majesty, October 15, 2012 - 06:16 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users