Photo

Blake & Duhon are being shopped

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

• 40,395 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 06:30 PM

10 million for Calderon's contract as opposed to Barbosa (who's arguably the better player, but not as pure as a true PG) for 8 million or more less.

yo.

#102 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 13, 2012 - 06:34 PM

why is everyone hung up over the fact that Bosa isnt a true PG?(not you^) the 2nd unit doesnt need a true PG, the 2nd unit needs scoring.......... ..

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, October 13, 2012 - 06:35 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

• 40,395 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 06:37 PM

^ Thanks for saying not me, and yes, you're absolutely right on the money about that. Our bench needs scoring, play-making, and shot-creators more than anything. Barbosa definitely brings that to the table instantly and would be an invaluable weapon off the bench. I prefer him over Calderon for a multitude of reasons both financially and as overall helping this team and the bench be better/more dangerous.

yo.

#104 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 06:46 PM

Bosa would also make Meeks more effective in the 2nd unit(drive n kick). right now who in the 2nd unit is going to drive and get Meeks open looks? this is why i want CDR with the 2nd unit, and Meeks with nashty

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#105 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 13, 2012 - 08:16 PM

Please someone please take blake away. :omg:

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#106 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 13, 2012 - 09:25 PM

^

Thats what the agent is supposed to say. Hopefully its true and we get him
Posted Image

#107 Renegade

Renegade

Rookie

• 549 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 13, 2012 - 11:08 PM

Just get rid of one of the roster spots and FREE UP the space to sign Sacre CDR and DJO. Dont give a [expletive] about Goudelock anymore cos we are stack at SG with Meeks and CDR

#108 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,315 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted October 14, 2012 - 12:10 AM

Did u hear about the rumour:

Calderon for Duhon, Jonson-Odom? I DONT MIND! :laughing:

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#109 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 14, 2012 - 02:38 AM

That Calderon trade won't work. Jose makes around $10.6 million, and we'd have to send more than just Blake (or Duhon) and minimum contracts to get him.

Toronto won't do it, anyway, even if we trade both Blake and Duhon (with Morris, or Goude, or DJO), because Calderon comes off the books after this season...and both Blake and Duhon will cost them another $8 million next year. No reason for it...they would much rather pay one player $10.6 million this season, lose him in the offseason (expiring), then hand it all over to Kyle Lowry...than to have Blake and Duhon for nearly $16 million over the next two seasons, stinking it up OR barely playing (because at that point, Lowry will be getting all of the minutes at the point).

#110 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,315 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted October 14, 2012 - 02:48 AM

Who are you? Kobe Bryant? Reading your posts makes me feel as if you are a Gandalf type guy. :bow:

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#111 Viper

Viper

Rookie

• 455 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 04:00 AM

That Calderon trade won't work. Jose makes around $10.6 million, and we'd have to send more than just Blake (or Duhon) and minimum contracts to get him.

Toronto won't do it, anyway, even if we trade both Blake and Duhon (with Morris, or Goude, or DJO), because Calderon comes off the books after this season...and both Blake and Duhon will cost them another $8 million next year. No reason for it...they would much rather pay one player $10.6 million this season, lose him in the offseason (expiring), then hand it all over to Kyle Lowry...than to have Blake and Duhon for nearly $16 million over the next two seasons, stinking it up OR barely playing (because at that point, Lowry will be getting all of the minutes at the point).

Duhon's contract is not completely guaranteed for next year.

#112 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,748 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted October 14, 2012 - 06:03 AM

Thank god I'm not alone :rock:

33bkfif.jpg

#113 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 14, 2012 - 08:57 AM

Duhon's contract is not completely guaranteed for next year.

That's true, but not really the point. Go ahead and chop off the $2.5 million that Toronto would be able to get out of if they waive him next summer...you're still looking at another $3-4 million or so for a pack of players that won't get much playing time behind Lowry. With Calderon, at least they have someone who is familiar with Bargnani and most of the roster, and he has been a starter for quite some time now.

#114 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 14, 2012 - 11:26 AM

Marc Stein: For those asking about Calderon-to-Lakers Twitter talk today, Calderon's agent Mark Bartelstein says: "There's absolutely nothing to it." Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

• 40,395 posts

Posted October 14, 2012 - 06:31 PM

^ Already posted like two weeks ago.

yo.

#116 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,962 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted October 14, 2012 - 07:03 PM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#117 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,776 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 15, 2012 - 12:59 AM

Blake and/or Duhon will be moved by the trade deadline or I ban myself for 2 weeks.

As soon as the Dwight trade went down, both went on the block...at least, Duhon was being shopped...as soon as the trade was agreed upon.

MWP is a good player. He brings a lot to the table. But if we can get a younger, more athletic wing, we will...someone with a little more bounce in his step and the ability to finish on the break. A long defender who can spot up and hit the outside J. AI2 would have been perfect. Thabo. Brandon Rush. Paul George (no chance). Luol Deng (see Paul George)...

None of this is news though...

#118 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 15, 2012 - 01:27 AM

Blake and/or Duhon will be moved by the trade deadline or I ban myself for 2 weeks.

As soon as the Dwight trade went down, both went on the block...at least, Duhon was being shopped...as soon as the trade was agreed upon.

MWP is a good player. He brings a lot to the table. But if we can get a younger, more athletic wing, we will...someone with a little more bounce in his step and the ability to finish on the break. A long defender who can spot up and hit the outside J. AI2 would have been perfect. Thabo. Brandon Rush. Paul George (no chance). Luol Deng (see Paul George)...

None of this is news though...

yeah one of them is gone, probably blake. im all for that as long as its not just a salary dump and we're left with du-nothing and morris as backups. i dont think they would do that though as it wouldnt be smart at all. if only we had 3 of steve nash

i would hate to see mwp go, he's not the best perimeter defender now but he is smart(as a defender) and has the hands and strength of a grizzly bear. gordon hayward will artest to that lol.

as far as ron, i wouldnt want to upset chemistry though long term it makes sense. sure there are guys id take over him but thats not happening. hopefully he will shoot better when he is open so nobody will have much to gripe about
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#119 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 15, 2012 - 01:38 AM

yeah one of them is gone, probably blake. im all for that as long as its not just a salary dump and we're left with du-nothing and morris as backups. i dont think they would do that though as it wouldnt be smart at all. if only we had 3 of steve nash

i would hate to see mwp go, he's not the best perimeter defender now but he is smart(as a defender) and has the hands and strength of a grizzly bear. gordon hayward will artest to that lol.

as far as ron, i wouldnt want to upset chemistry though long term it makes sense. sure there are guys id take over him but thats not happening. hopefully he will shoot better when he is open so nobody will have much to gripe about

I see what you did there.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#120 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted October 15, 2012 - 02:02 AM

gordan hayward also blew by Metta on the dribble a couple times.. Mettas strength makes him an above average defender, but his lack of foot speed also puts him in that category,restricting him from being a GREAT defender..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users