#41 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 12, 2012 - 10:53 AM

Yeah obviously this is easier said then done. If Mitch could get rid of both of them it would be legendary. I'd be happy dumping either one for a TPE. Id love to get Barbosa if we were able to move Blake or Duhon. Just speculating but maybe that's what Barbosa is waiting for. Oh well it will be difficult to move them but in Mitch we trust.

#42 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 867 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 12, 2012 - 12:14 PM

I wouldn't put it past Mitch but I highly doubt any team is going to take either one of these contracts off our hands

#43 Nightmare

Nightmare

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted October 12, 2012 - 12:15 PM

Trade for Jose Calderon, his D might not be great but he's better offensively than Blake and Duhon combined, he can run the offense too. His contract runs out this year and the Raptors have made it very clear they want him gone.

The only thing Raptors made clear is they don't want to lose him for nothing by not amnestying him. He's a valuable expiring contract and trade asset. Why would they downgrade their back up point guard and at the same time put more money on their books since Blake and Duhon aren't expiring contracts.

#44 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,967 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 12, 2012 - 12:32 PM

Blake > Duhon right now

IF we got rid of Duhon for picks I'd be so happy :laughing: THAT won't happen since someone needs to take up salary. Then again if we traded Duhon for another TPE who knows who we could turn that into, or just let it expire.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#45 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 12, 2012 - 12:36 PM

Honestly... Do this

Amnesty Blake

THen trade Duhon with a combination of either Goudelock or Morris or 2 2nd round picks or something for cash relief... BANG!

they cant amnesty anyone until next july, and even if they could who would be the backup pg
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#46 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

Canada, eh?

• 1,329 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted October 12, 2012 - 12:44 PM

The only thing Raptors made clear is they don't want to lose him for nothing by not amnestying him. He's a valuable expiring contract and trade asset. Why would they downgrade their back up point guard and at the same time put more money on their books since Blake and Duhon aren't expiring contracts.

I'm sure they would take at least one of our guys if we add in a couple rookies.

#47 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,967 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 12:44 PM

For those that don't understand

Morris has a no trade clause they put in his contract(he's our future in their eyes atm)

Amnesty provision has passed.

If you're looking to trade them, you'd trade Duhon.

If we can get an 8 million TPE for Duhon(which is his contract I think) then we can let it expire or get another player with it...

Now who could we trade an 8 million dollar TPE to bring to this team....

#48 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 01:03 PM

For those that don't understand

Morris has a no trade clause they put in his contract(he's our future in their eyes atm)

Amnesty provision has passed.

If you're looking to trade them, you'd trade Duhon.

If we can get an 8 million TPE for Duhon(which is his contract I think) then we can let it expire or get another player with it...

Now who could we trade an 8 million dollar TPE to bring to this team....

Slightly wrong about Morris FYI.

Yes he has a no trade clause but he actually gained the clause by signing the qualifying offer this off season. It wasn't that the Lakers gave it to him. It's part of the CBA rules that has to do with qualifying offers and bird rights.

There are only two players in the NBA that have negotiated a no trade clause to be part of their contract, that's Kobe and Dirk.

#49 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 01:04 PM

I like how people think this is news.Of course they are willing to get rid of them. I'm pretty sure blake have been on the trading block sense we lost to OKC. Duhon of course is someone we would love to get rid of but I just cant imagine a team that would want such a [expletive]ty player and for that contract.

i agree, no [expletive] they would like to trade these guys.

hey guess what guys, i wanna bang jessica alba. we all have dreams

we would all like to see both go and get someone better but if they are just trying to cut salary, we could be stuck with duhon or morris.

its great if they can pull a rabbit out of a hat but any team in need is going to want blake over duhon and a few million wont be worth it if they end up stuck with duhon/morris off the bench.

well, if anyone can make magic happen its mitchy slick.

of course the money saved could help fund the steve nash cloning machine project , codename maple leaf.

yes steve, that dream about mitch and a specimen cup was merely a dream.

Edited by SweatShop, October 12, 2012 - 01:11 PM.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#50 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted October 12, 2012 - 01:17 PM

Morris and Ebanks both have the no-trade clause, not by our choice (as WC mentioned above).

LA will consider moving any combo of Blake, Duhon and Morris...Duhon because he's basically worthless, Blake because he's not worth the money anymore, and Morris because he doesn't fit the offense and is a backup at best (for a bad team). Nobody wants Duhon, though.

Morris will drop the clause if the team he is getting dealt to tells LA (and, really, Morris) that he will get more playing time by doing so. Otherwise, here, Morris will never see time on the floor.

In the Princeton, Goudelock is who the Lakers like. He's a shooting combo guard that would be better coming off the ball, into passes and knocking down shots. Morris is the complete opposite.

Maybe LA feels like Jodie Meeks can play the one, behind Nash, and CDR can back up Bryant (who will be playing 35 minutes a night, anyway). With Jamison likely seeing time at the three, also...well, that gives Ebanks an opportunity to slide down to the two-guard position, also. The offense allows players to play out of position, more than they'd be able to in a traditional offense, because their roles are very similar...and when you have a defensive anchor like Dwight, PLUS another seven-footer in Gasol, defensive liabilities aren't as exposed.

#51 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,047 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 12, 2012 - 01:22 PM

Morris and Ebanks both have the no-trade clause, not by our choice (as WC mentioned above).

LA will consider moving any combo of Blake, Duhon and Morris...Duhon because he's basically worthless, Blake because he's not worth the money anymore, and Morris because he doesn't fit the offense and is a backup at best (for a bad team). Nobody wants Duhon, though.

Morris will drop the clause if the team he is getting dealt to tells LA (and, really, Morris) that he will get more playing time by doing so. Otherwise, here, Morris will never see time on the floor.

In the Princeton, Goudelock is who the Lakers like. He's a shooting combo guard that would be better coming off the ball, into passes and knocking down shots. Morris is the complete opposite.

Maybe LA feels like Jodie Meeks can play the one, behind Nash, and CDR can back up Bryant (who will be playing 35 minutes a night, anyway). With Jamison likely seeing time at the three, also...well, that gives Ebanks an opportunity to slide down to the two-guard position, also. The offense allows players to play out of position, more than they'd be able to in a traditional offense, because their roles are very similar...and when you have a defensive anchor like Dwight, PLUS another seven-footer in Gasol, defensive liabilities aren't as exposed.

Do you like Jamison at the 3? I don't really like what I've been seeing in that scenario, especially defensively.

#52 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,967 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 01:23 PM

That's similar to what I was starting to think. Because what they lacked at the 2 really was true size. Meeks has some size and a long wingspan and CAN play the 2 effectively but I wonder if they feel he's better for the knockdown 3 spot. It's a question on how good he is at passing and setting other players up that would determine that.

CDR at the 2 and Jamison at the 3/4 trading the 3 at times with Ebanks is a pretty nice combination too. We could move Jamison to the 4 if we want to stretch the lineup and put Hill at the 5 for a moment, but if we're getting outrebounded we'd probably have Jamison/Ebanks at the 3 while Hills down at the 4 and Howard and Gasol are at the 5. But it's a deep enough bench to do that.
Only time will tell but I wouldn't put it past them to test Meeks at the 1 every once and a while.

I actually don't mind Jamison at the 3 so much... but I'd like to see him as a stretch 4 more often. But I don't mind him at the 3, it's about his quickness to stay with bench 3s and he probably stays with bench 4s easier.

But one thing I've seen is better defensive effort from him and from Nash than I've seen in some time, so I think Brown feels him and Cliff can fix their defensive inefficiencies and can count on Dwight to clean up the rest.

That's what I think anyway.

Edited by Majesty, October 12, 2012 - 01:24 PM.

#53 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted October 12, 2012 - 01:48 PM

Do you like Jamison at the 3? I don't really like what I've been seeing in that scenario, especially defensively.

He's a better stretch four, but you're also seeing Jamison without Dwight Howard. You won't like Nash's defense, either, but few PG's will want to penetrate when Dwight is out there.

For what Jamison lacks at the three, back on defense...he will make up for it offensively (scoring and passing) and on the glass. Typically, that's not a good thing, because you're basically giving up as much as you produce...but with Jamison, who can drop 15-20 on any given night for a bad team, it's okay as long as you have a legitimate defensive anchor.

That's similar to what I was starting to think. Because what they lacked at the 2 really was true size. Meeks has some size and a long wingspan and CAN play the 2 effectively but I wonder if they feel he's better for the knockdown 3 spot. It's a question on how good he is at passing and setting other players up that would determine that.

CDR at the 2 and Jamison at the 3/4 trading the 3 at times with Ebanks is a pretty nice combination too. We could move Jamison to the 4 if we want to stretch the lineup and put Hill at the 5 for a moment, but if we're getting outrebounded we'd probably have Jamison/Ebanks at the 3 while Hills down at the 4 and Howard and Gasol are at the 5. But it's a deep enough bench to do that.
Only time will tell but I wouldn't put it past them to test Meeks at the 1 every once and a while.

I actually don't mind Jamison at the 3 so much... but I'd like to see him as a stretch 4 more often. But I don't mind him at the 3, it's about his quickness to stay with bench 3s and he probably stays with bench 4s easier.

But one thing I've seen is better defensive effort from him and from Nash than I've seen in some time, so I think Brown feels him and Cliff can fix their defensive inefficiencies and can count on Dwight to clean up the rest.

That's what I think anyway.

Most likely, yes, to all of that. LA would probably like a shooting PG in the game every second they can squeeze out of one...so whether it's Nash, Meeks, Blake or Goudelock...well, it kind of makes sense why they would construct the team this way.

#54 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,734 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 12, 2012 - 02:04 PM

this is news....why?

#55 The Next Stig

The Next Stig

Greatest

• 453 posts
  • Name:Jr

Posted October 12, 2012 - 02:47 PM

get rid of duhon, and pick up barbosa already.

templaRS_zpsfc271f2c.jpg

Follow me on Instagram- Socalk1d

#56 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 12, 2012 - 02:55 PM

Love the amount of people that quote saying me saying "amnesty period is over"...

I forgot about that, I don't even know why lakers have not used it yet. We're not gonna have any players left to amnesty from that season anymore. It's going to become useless lol.
Laker fan for life.

#57 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 06:19 PM

Love the amount of people that quote saying me saying "amnesty period is over"...

I forgot about that, I don't even know why lakers have not used it yet. We're not gonna have any players left to amnesty from that season anymore. It's going to become useless lol.

everyone is entitled to the occasional brain fart.

#58 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,880 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted October 12, 2012 - 06:40 PM

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#g14M-r2PMS It's not feasible for the Lakers to bring back Fisher now, with a payroll approaching $100 million, but sources with knowledge of their thinking say that the team has made it clear to the rest of the league that Chris Duhon and/or Steve Blake are available via trade to any interested party willing to absorb their respective contracts. ESPN.com -hoopshype 8:20am ET

:eh: are you serious? even if I'm the general manager of the charlotte bobcats

I won't take those scrubs for god sake :facepalm:

33bkfif.jpg

#59 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,957 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 12, 2012 - 07:04 PM

get rid of duhon, and pick up barbosa already.

And how exactly does mitch do that. Call the mythical trade fairy.

#60 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted October 12, 2012 - 07:14 PM

They can still use it on Kobe, Pau, Metta, or Blake next off-season.

Edited by Japago, October 12, 2012 - 07:16 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users