620 replies to this topic

#581 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted October 13, 2012 - 09:05 PM

Why the hell is MB not playing the guys who can actually play, in CDR and DJO, until the last two minutes?

he wants the super scrubs to play and have their fun, they are preseason games. maybe cdr has his spot locked down?

Posted Image

#582 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,354 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

If only we could put Morris' driving and passing, Glocks sharpshooting, and DJO's athleticism and defense all into Morris' frame. Andrew Johnson Morris.

#583 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,658 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Cut Darius Morris
Cut Greg Somogi
Cut Reeves Nelson
Cut Ronnie Aguilar

#584 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,898 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 13, 2012 - 09:06 PM

another dumb gif

Actually I'm not :)

I'm all for criticizing Morris when he messes up. But when you bash on someone's performance and straight up ignore another players it seems like you're pretty much in it for targeting one.

If you're gonna be hard on Morris for his one turnover and rushing his shots you'd better also be blaming Goudelock for his three turnovers.

Otherwise you look more one sided than opinionated ;) And when you can only respond with gifs you look like Hollywood :)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#585 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted October 13, 2012 - 09:07 PM

Good things

- Kobe looked good
- Sacre looked good
- Nash had the ball moving well
- Glock made some shots
- CDR hustling
- Ebanks making a couple of J's
- DJO on offense in the 4th

Bad

- Pau looked lousy. he was unaggressive. He was floating in the perimeter too much. Got his shot blocked a couple of times. Had easy catch and score opportunities under the baskets that he blew
- Morris was atrocious outside of making that 1 basket on Foye
- Somoji sucks
- Meeks looks really bad. He needs to play with either Pau or Nash on the floor and get shot opportunities off those guys, he cant create for himself

I agree with all of your points but the one, I think this is the last time that I will address this but man you guys are just hating to be hating. 4 assists 2 rebounds 2 points and 1 turn over and he sucks? honestly he could go 9/9 get 10 assists 10 rebounds and you all would still say he sucked it is pretty comical.

#586 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,705 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 13, 2012 - 09:08 PM

I agree with all of your points but the one, I think this is the last time that I will address this but man you guys are just hating to be hating. 4 assists 2 rebounds 2 points and 1 turn over and he sucks? honestly he could go 9/9 get 10 assists 10 rebounds and you all would still say he sucked it is pretty comical.

he [expletive]ing airballed like 50 layups

#587 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,256 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted October 13, 2012 - 09:08 PM

Cut Darius Morris
Cut Greg Somogi
Cut Reeves Nelson
Cut Ronnie Aguilar

Agreed

EyMlHkX.jpg

#588 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,235 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 09:09 PM

Actually I'm not :)

I'm all for criticizing Morris when he messes up. But when you bash on someone's performance and straight up ignore another players it seems like you're pretty much in it for targeting one.

If you're gonna be hard on Morris for his one turnover and rushing his shots you'd better also be blaming Goudelock for his three turnovers.

Otherwise you look more one sided than opinionated ;) And when you can only respond with gifs you look like Hollywood :)

i don't want any of these players making the roster. i only bash morris because he gets way too much unnecessary love on this board. why would i bash goudelock. noone even notices he's on the team this year

also

Posted Image

Edited by last stand 2.0, October 13, 2012 - 09:10 PM.

Posted Image

#589 Renegade

Renegade

Rookie

• 549 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Nash, Mr X (DJO looking good, Blake or Morris i know didnt do very well this game but will still give him one more chance.)
Kobe, ,Meeks ,CDR
MWP, Ebanks, CDR
Gasol ,Antawn, Hill
Dwight ,Hill, Sacre

This should be the 12 players we dress.

Edited by Renegade, October 13, 2012 - 09:09 PM.

#590 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,892 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

I vote to trade pau then start smogey and groom Aguilar. Future is BRIGHT.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#591 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

DON'T SAY THAT!! lakersfan will assume he does cocaine while kobe injects steroids :laughing:

lol

#592 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,898 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 09:10 PM

And goudelock gets 3 turnovers in less time and he's more inept.

People are acting "opinionated" when really they are targeting one guy.

Goudelock has 3 turnovers, makes one shot and he's already more inept than Morris

who had 1 turnover along with 4 assists 2 points and 2 rebounds.

Let them live in their own world when criticizing one player while ignoring the struggles of another gets you brownie points and makes you unbiased :)

#593 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted October 13, 2012 - 09:11 PM

he [expletive]ing airballed like 50 layups

You are kidding right? you mean that forced shot with the clock winding down that was partially blocked? because his other misses were jumpshots or did you not watch the entire game? this is what I am talking about where are the [expletive]ing facts you guys just exaggerate and make things up about this one player, why?

#594 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,825 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 13, 2012 - 09:13 PM

Stop looking at a boxscore, watch what is actually happening on the floor. He looked TERRIBLE out there. Aside from that one lay-up, he did nothing of note the entire evening.

#595 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,898 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 09:13 PM

i don't want any of these players making the roster. i only bash morris because he gets way too much unnecessary love on this board. why would i bash goudelock. noone even notices he's on the team this year

Because if you're going to be critical, be critical of everyone. When you single out one person it makes you seem more like a hater than someone who's opinionated.

I know you're an opinionated guy and you got good opinions.

But hating on a guy just cause of the love he gets so you're going to ignore the other players also messing up is not a good look.

Yes Morris played out of control at times, yes he needs to settle down. But I'm not gonna act like he was the only guy that played bad.

The kid had 4 assists with only 1 turnover and that's NOT bad. His problem was rushing shots and at times trying to do too much and playing out of control and he's not gonna take the backup position from Blake. I don't expect him to.

Obviously.

What I'm saying is, criticize fairly. Regardless on your position. Otherwise what's the difference between that and hating?

When everyone was talking about his box score of no points and peoples response were "watch the game he could have had more assists" and their response was "stats don't lie"

So NOW he has a good stat line and people say "stop reading the stat line he played crap"

it boggles my mind sometimes how people love to change the rules to fit the argument THEY want to make.

Case in point, Goudelock and Morris BOTH played worse than they should have. But they aren't gonna get playing time anyway so it shouldn't matter.

So if we're gonna criticize lets criticize everyone. Not just the people we want to see fail.

On another note....

Pau played like crap tonight :nah:

Edited by Majesty, October 13, 2012 - 09:16 PM.

#596 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,825 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 13, 2012 - 09:17 PM

A boxscore never tells you the entire story, statistics without context are meaningless.

#597 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,235 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 09:18 PM

Because if you're going to be critical, be critical of everyone. When you single out one person it makes you seem more like a hater than someone who's opinionated.

I know you're an opinionated guy and you got good opinions.

But hating on a guy just cause of the love he gets so you're going to ignore the other players also messing up is not a good look.

Yes Morris played out of control at times, yes he needs to settle down. But I'm not gonna act like he was the only guy that played bad.

The kid had 4 assists with only 1 turnover and that's NOT bad. His problem was rushing shots and at times trying to do too much and playing out of control.

Obviously.

What I'm saying is, criticize fairly. Regardless on your position. Otherwise what's the difference between that and hating?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#598 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,898 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 09:18 PM

A boxscore never tells you the entire story, statistics without context are meaningless.

yet people love the box score and ignoring the flow of the game when they want to hate (or give love to) a player. And love to ignore it and tell people to watch the flow of the game when they are being defensive.

It does seem to go both ways does it not?

another dumb gif cause I can't argue your point

Edited by Majesty, October 13, 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#599 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 13, 2012 - 09:19 PM

You are kidding right? you mean that forced shot with the clock winding down that was partially blocked? because his other misses were jumpshots or did you not watch the entire game? this is what I am talking about where are the [expletive]ing facts you guys just exaggerate and make things up about this one player, why?

morris looked pretty bad imo. he just doesn't look comfortable. he doesn't look like he knows what he's doing at the point guard position. he has potential, but he's just a raw talent. game doesn't come easy for him like it should. he doesn't see the floor well, and force not only shots, but his passes as well. he needs to be better at his decision making. and this is not me hating, i have nothing against him.

• 40,494 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'm sorry, but I'm actually enjoying all of the last stand gifs tonight. Might encourage me even more to start watching that show. Fantastic stuff. :laughing:

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users