Photo

Is Dave Miller a little biased on his analysis / comments?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

• 40,400 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 10:33 PM

They could've at least given us some better eye candy than Andy Adler.

yo.

#22 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 13, 2012 - 11:04 PM

They could've at least given us some better eye candy than Andy Adler.

I'd be happy if she could just read tweets correctly.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#23 lnesr

lnesr

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Chamberlain

Posted January 21, 2013 - 09:14 PM

Listening to Dave Miller is like listening to a loud infomercial host hawking pans at 3AM.

#24 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 172 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Dwight Howard

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:27 PM

Watching his head bobble while he talks makes me dizzy

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#25 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,675 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:32 PM

Who is Dave Miller? The white guy with glasses in the TWC Laker Studio?

#26 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,144 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:37 PM

Who is Dave Miller? The white guy with glasses in the TWC Laker Studio?

Yep.

#27 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,506 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:52 PM

Neil Patrick & Norm Nixon > Chris McGee & Dave Miller

Without any shadow of doubt.

MMiRi9s.png

#28 CityofLakers

CityofLakers

Rookie

• 15 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:shaquile oneal

Posted February 04, 2013 - 09:00 PM

robert horry is cool

#29 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,675 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted February 04, 2013 - 09:45 PM

what happened to kurt rambis?

#30 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 05, 2013 - 09:20 AM

that obnoxious weasel-looking mother[expletive]er represents all that's wrong with this crappy channel

#31 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 05, 2013 - 09:57 AM

Coach Dave is the only 1 who keeps things in perspective. All the other guys are biased either they are laker (kobe haters/critics) or Pau apologists.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#32 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 10:28 AM

The TWC pre- and post-game shows have been an unmitigated DISASTER so far. Just embarrassing.

#33 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,786 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 05, 2013 - 10:43 AM

Well weather its on the radio or TV he is paid to be a Lakers analysist. It would be great if he was neutral but it is Lakers network so expect him to be leaning toward the Laker side. The neutral reporters should be on ESPN , NBA TV etc.

Chick used to call it like it was, and I miss him for that. You knew he cheered for, but he would analze things honestly. I often wonder what his take would be on this current iteration.

#34 PurpleGold1965

PurpleGold1965

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 05, 2013 - 11:01 AM

It all about DAVE??

I love the Lakers. I was pleasantly surprised to get (almost) a RTC Laker feed Lakeshow, Access, etc... It was important because I'm recovering from (back) surgery (yes, like D12)… gave me something to look forward to. Until Dave Miller…., he's quite loud, brazen, dismissive of the opinions of (HOF James Worthy, 7-ring Bob Horry, beat writers, etc..).

Additionally, he tends to shout, gets overly excited (my opinion)….and has a screechy delivery. I saw a show where he donned a costume…and started clinking soda bottles plugged on each finger while driving (isn't that a violation?)…a depiction of a deranged murderer? BigJWorthy said "don't do that anymore" it's a sports show, not the DaveDoesActing ShowWrapStandupComedy? Gee whiz, how talented, NOT!!- if he wants to, transfer him to a show where he'll be fulfilled, but NOT at Laker fan's expense?

I could go on & on…he tries to rhyme his content, inserts wrap-like(?) talk (I don't understand what he's talking about)..it's really bad. I'm restricted to bed (severe, pain)… and one of my favorite content provider (paid),…has only ONE bad egg.

I complained to him directly to #Lakeshow (as Andy Adler has repeatedly said…"send us your questions, comments via Twitter with the hashtag phrase #Lakeshow or direct to @twcsportsnet. I tried many times to tweet the station, the Lakers… then...

I got a tweet from Miller…"say bro, email me your number and maybe I can help you with your problem} coach (and he leaves a non-TWC or Laker's twitter address… looks like a coaching clinic address) !

Look's like he's a bully and I'm not his "bro". I like Twitter (for him) because it keeps him in the spotlight and focuses on the REAL problem… (Me, the customer) want's the show to be informative & of value. It's not about him,….it's his delivery (screaming, screeching), the self-styled off-the-script color phrases and accents (ethnic), he should tone it down. Please don't use the show as a place to do imitations of movies (acting??), it's not what I pay for. I'm a basketball fan. He's the ONLY one who does this. Everyone else stays on topic.

I told him via twitter to read other fans, twc customer's opinions…. we all can improve. Looks like he's either unaware, doesn't care, or doesn't value his job. Add the bullying…well, I certainly hope TWC, the Lakers do not condone his behavior. I'm proud to say I'm a 58 y/o Laker fan who knows WHERE there's a problem. It's Mr. Miller's behavior, actions. Please take care of this?

Edited by PurpleGold1965, February 05, 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#35 PurpleGold1965

PurpleGold1965

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 11:40 AM

^ C'mon though, who brings more to the table? Chris McGee or Dave Miller? Pretty obvious right? Andy Adler should've been replaced with Jamie Maggio.

I like Andy ("Andy Girl"). To me, she does a great job, she's intelligent (Stanford) and I can detect (ever so slight) either an accent (or corrected annunciation)…perhaps it's from her childhood, (the accent sounds like a touch of Castllian Spanish*)….oh, and BTW, she's attractive + statuesque (5'9"). Pau is from Catalan, which has it's own 'dialect' (don't mean to imply one or the other is an official language, pardon my ignorance here); http://www.learningt....com/blog/?p=55

In any event, she's fantastic!

*Castillian Spanish is spoken with a noticeable "lisp", supposedly from the days of the Spanish monarch, King Louie… who spoke with a lisp, adopted by the Castillians as their version of Spanish (I'll ask Pau).

Edited by PurpleGold1965, February 05, 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#36 PurpleGold1965

PurpleGold1965

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 12:03 PM

This is irritating. :offtopic:

Edited by PurpleGold1965, February 05, 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#37 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,341 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 02:41 PM

James Worthy and Robert Horry are awesome. I don't really watch anyone else...

#38 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,341 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 02:44 PM

Oh, and let's get rid of that fan interaction bull [expletive]. I don't want to stop the show so that Andy Adler can read tweets like "Great job Lakers! Kobe did a good job today." You're seriously stopping the show and potentially stopping someone smart like James Worthy from talking to read meaningless fan tweets??

#39 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,101 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 05, 2013 - 03:10 PM

It all about DAVE??

I love the Lakers. I was pleasantly surprised to get (almost) a RTC Laker feed Lakeshow, Access, etc... It was important because I'm recovering from (back) surgery (yes, like D12)… gave me something to look forward to. Until Dave Miller…., he's quite loud, brazen, dismissive of the opinions of (HOF James Worthy, 7-ring Bob Horry, beat writers, etc..).

Additionally, he tends to shout, gets overly excited (my opinion)….and has a screechy delivery. I saw a show where he donned a costume…and started clinking soda bottles plugged on each finger while driving (isn't that a violation?)…a depiction of a deranged murderer? BigJWorthy said "don't do that anymore" it's a sports show, not the DaveDoesActing ShowWrapStandupComedy? Gee whiz, how talented, NOT!!- if he wants to, transfer him to a show where he'll be fulfilled, but NOT at Laker fan's expense?

I could go on & on…he tries to rhyme his content, inserts wrap-like(?) talk (I don't understand what he's talking about)..it's really bad. I'm restricted to bed (severe, pain)… and one of my favorite content provider (paid),…has only ONE bad egg.

I complained to him directly to #Lakeshow (as Andy Adler has repeatedly said…"send us your questions, comments via Twitter with the hashtag phrase #Lakeshow or direct to @twcsportsnet. I tried many times to tweet the station, the Lakers… then...

I got a tweet from Miller…"say bro, email me your number and maybe I can help you with your problem} coach (and he leaves a non-TWC or Laker's twitter address… looks like a coaching clinic address) !

Look's like he's a bully and I'm not his "bro". I like Twitter (for him) because it keeps him in the spotlight and focuses on the REAL problem… (Me, the customer) want's the show to be informative & of value. It's not about him,….it's his delivery (screaming, screeching), the self-styled off-the-script color phrases and accents (ethnic), he should tone it down. Please don't use the show as a place to do imitations of movies (acting??), it's not what I pay for. I'm a basketball fan. He's the ONLY one who does this. Everyone else stays on topic.

I told him via twitter to read other fans, twc customer's opinions…. we all can improve. Looks like he's either unaware, doesn't care, or doesn't value his job. Add the bullying…well, I certainly hope TWC, the Lakers do not condone his behavior. I'm proud to say I'm a 58 y/o Laker fan who knows WHERE there's a problem. It's Mr. Miller's behavior, actions. Please take care of this?

I'm guessing you've never seen the movie The Warriors.

That's what Dave Miller was referencing with the bottles on his fingers. The most iconic and known scene of that movie.

"Warriors, come out to plaaay."

And we were facing the warriors so it was fitting. But you didn't get the reference though. He also did it in the Parking Lot at time warner, I'm sure they didn't mind that they filmed a skit there.

Good luck on the back recovery!

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#40 PurpleGold1965

PurpleGold1965

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 07:50 AM

Thanks for your support. I like the forums, they help with perspective & understanding in the Laker community.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users