Photo

Kobe's backup Discussion (Pg. 3 Brown will try MWP at the 2)

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,251 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted October 10, 2012 - 03:41 PM

OT but if we don't win this year it's going to eventually be MB's fault. I personally like him as a coach but he is a terrible decision maker and he has terrible rotations.

Ebanks isn't garbage. He's just not a rotation player on a championship team. Meeks is our best guard off the bench hands down...I don't even consider EB a 2 guard.

Edited by Massacre, October 10, 2012 - 03:42 PM.

EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#22 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,230 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted October 10, 2012 - 04:00 PM

What's funny is that Mike Brown refused to give Ebanks a shot at the backup 2 last year when the Lakers had nobody there. Now he's giving him a shot when he shouldn't. <_<
Posted Image

#23 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,359 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 10, 2012 - 04:06 PM

I'm waiting for West Coast to come in here and defend him again.

Not really defending him, just not going to freak out over this stuff like everyone else does in the preseason.

We know his rotations suck but until those rotations suck again opening night then I don't need to complain about it. From that article I read that he like Ebanks at the 2 because of his length but he needs to take that spot away from Meeks. Don't see the issue right with that.

Anyone that has read my posts this offseason knows I'm not a big Ebanks fan because of his attitude towards the end of the year. But I hated Barnes even more so I was okay Ebanks taking the back up role and I wouldn't mind at all CDR taking that spot away from him.

#24 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,999 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 10, 2012 - 04:06 PM

What's funny is that Mike Brown refused to give Ebanks a shot at the backup 2 last year when the Lakers had nobody there. Now he's giving him a shot when he shouldn't. <_<

great point. i mean,ebanks has improved a little, but this still makes me wana throw up :cry:

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#25 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,042 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 10, 2012 - 04:12 PM

"But Devin has to go earn it because Jodie Meeks has turned some heads. "

sigh..

Why would you make a thread title like Mike Brown is really gonna give Devin the backup spot when he said that in the article.. you bolded it...

Edited by Majesty, October 10, 2012 - 04:12 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#26 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 10, 2012 - 04:16 PM

I'm waiting for West Coast to come in here and defend him again.

Was that personal shot at a guy who is one of the best posters if not the best on TLN really necessary?

You're better than that man.

Edited by Texas Lakers Fan, October 10, 2012 - 04:17 PM.

htCCl0m.png

#27 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 10, 2012 - 04:18 PM

Was that personal shot at a guy who is one of the best posters if not the best on TLN really necessary?

Hes a very emotional poster, he didn't mean anything by it.
Posted Image

#28 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,359 posts

Posted October 10, 2012 - 04:21 PM

Nah don't worry about it. I know he meant no harm by it. A lot of people don't know this but him and I go back all the way to kindergarten. Lol

#29 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts
  • Name:Tupac
  • Fan Since:96

Posted October 10, 2012 - 04:22 PM

Wow.... <_<
To Live and Die in L.A

#30 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 10, 2012 - 04:23 PM

Nah don't worry about it. I know he meant no harm by it. A lot of people don't know this but him and I go back all the way to kindergarten. Lol

Wow lol.
htCCl0m.png

• 40,377 posts

Posted October 10, 2012 - 04:32 PM

I wouldn't mind at all CDR taking that spot away from him.

I'm glad you know enough about CDR and what he can offer to feel that way.

Lol, thank you. I was about to post something similar. Took the words outta' my mouth.

Edited by    , October 10, 2012 - 04:35 PM.

yo.

#32 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,010 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 10, 2012 - 04:40 PM

Posted Image

Pau Gasol is GONE

#33 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,999 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 10, 2012 - 05:38 PM

Posted Image

haaaahhha. this is so perfect cuz the Lakers have made all of us feel like happy,cute,fuzzy bears....but then mike brown wants to turn us into killers,like philly sports fans,meeeaaan..

but Brown said Meeks is probly guna get the start tonight... :rock: meeks w/nash :rock:

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#34 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted October 10, 2012 - 05:44 PM

"But Devin has to go earn it because Jodie Meeks has turned some heads. "

sigh..

Why would you make a thread title like Mike Brown is really gonna give Devin the backup spot when he said that in the article.. you bolded it...

Ebanks shouldn't be given a SINGLE look at the SG spot. None. Zero. Its a waste of time. Cant handle the ball, cant stretch the defense and shoot...thats why we have a whole bunch of shooting guards. 2 that we drafted, 1 of them we BOUGHT draft rights for & paying salary (DJO) and 1 more that we got through free agency, Meeks, who is a pure shooter. Thats my issue. If you look at it defensively Ebanks does the best job of among any of the guys and Mike automatically thinks so he can play the two then...no wrong. We have guys on the team who are SHOOTING GUARDS, they shoot. They catch and shoot and 3 point shooting is their speciality but Mike doesn't see that way and its pretty dumb. Ebanks proper position is in the front court.

Edited by MDI, October 10, 2012 - 05:45 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#35 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted October 10, 2012 - 09:57 PM

im [expletive]ing serious mike brown will screw up this team from a championship.

It doesn't matter who it is because we're regardless, and there is a reason why Kobe, MJ, and Scottie Pippen have something in common. They can't a ring without Phil.

#36 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,042 posts

Posted October 10, 2012 - 10:22 PM

Ebanks shouldn't be given a SINGLE look at the SG spot. None. Zero. Its a waste of time. Cant handle the ball, cant stretch the defense and shoot...thats why we have a whole bunch of shooting guards. 2 that we drafted, 1 of them we BOUGHT draft rights for & paying salary (DJO) and 1 more that we got through free agency, Meeks, who is a pure shooter. Thats my issue. If you look at it defensively Ebanks does the best job of among any of the guys and Mike automatically thinks so he can play the two then...no wrong. We have guys on the team who are SHOOTING GUARDS, they shoot. They catch and shoot and 3 point shooting is their speciality but Mike doesn't see that way and its pretty dumb. Ebanks proper position is in the front court.

it's pre-season and Mike Brown doesn't want to show favoritism to it. He's giving everyone a chance but he's already said that Meeks is ahead of everyone else at the 2 spot so they have to earn it. What is wrong with doing this? It's just the pre-season for crying out loud, he's allowed to do stuff like that. It's not like Ebanks is gonna go out there and play bad and Brown says "Well he's gonna get Meeks spot" he already solidified that. But Ebanks HAS played better in the pre-season thus far than Meeks and CDR has played better than both. Meeks still has the spot though. So I don't know why you're complaining. He's been outperformed by CDR and Ebanks thus far in the pre-season and Mike Brown is sticking with him as bench 2 so what's the problem?

#37 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted October 10, 2012 - 10:45 PM

Because we all know how he messed up the bench rotations last year thats why. Go with a plan and replace players if its not working. Instead of putting them in a position to fail (ex: playing Blake and Sessions at the same time) or putting Ebanks at the 2

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#38 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 861 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 10, 2012 - 11:31 PM

This thread seals the deal for me hating Mike Brown

I'm fine with Ebanks getting minutes...BUT AT SMALL FORWARD!!!!

Meeks should hands down have the job as backup 2 gaurd

Wow I hate Brown...why the [expletive] did we even sign Meeks then?

I'm probabaly looking into this article too much and I'm sure Meeks will get plenty of minutes but if I'm wrong and Meeks is wasted getting no minutes I'll be very upset

#39 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,042 posts

Posted October 10, 2012 - 11:39 PM

This thread seals the deal for me hating Mike Brown

I'm fine with Ebanks getting minutes...BUT AT SMALL FORWARD!!!!

Meeks should hands down have the job as backup 2 gaurd

Wow I hate Brown...why the [expletive] did we even sign Meeks then?

I'm probabaly looking into this article too much and I'm sure Meeks will get plenty of minutes but if I'm wrong and Meeks is wasted getting no minutes I'll be very upset

You are aware that Mike Brown said that Meeks is the primary backup 2 and he is only giving Ebanks a "look" at 2 to be fair as Ebanks can play both positions but that Ebanks would have to do something to REALLY impress him to take it from Meeks.

Mike Brown basically said "backup 2 is for Meeks, but ill give Ebanks a look to be fair but I don't expect my opinion to change"

if you hate him for that you hate every coach in the NBA who gives multiple players looks at different positions they can combo in ESPECIALLY in training camp :nah:

Because we all know how he messed up the bench rotations last year thats why. Go with a plan and replace players if its not working. Instead of putting them in a position to fail (ex: playing Blake and Sessions at the same time) or putting Ebanks at the 2

bench wasn't as deep last year, and Ebanks wasn't ready. he's played a lot better thus far in the pre-season than last season he has also expanded his range to the 3 point arc.

Part of what Brown wanted for the backup 2 was the ability to hit threes. Ebanks could not do this as last year his main range was mid, so he was pretty much regulated to the 3, but he wasn't outperforming Barnes.

This off-season and in the pre-season Ebanks has shown an improved range and other aspects he's added to his game.

Despite this Brown has made it clear that Meeks will be backup 2 unless Ebanks WOWS him.

And for the first 2 pre-season games Ebanks and CDR have both outplayed Meeks but Brown is still intent on Meeks being the 2. If that isn't evidence enough on who Brown wants to be backup 2 then I don't know what is. It's only fair to give Ebanks a look as he's capable of playing the 2/3 but Brown is pretty assured that Meeks will be the 2. What else is the preseason for? Or are you used to not having one after last year? :hmm:

People need to lay off and stop acting like our coach shouldn't have the time to really assess our players.

We all talked about how he DIDN'T have time to really do that last season and talked about how he'll finally have time in the pre-season. Now he's using that time constructively learning everything he can about his players in and out of practice and people bash him for it? Even though he's already said Meeks is gonna be the backup 2, he can't even look at Ebanks who's a combo 2/3 because he increased his range eventhough that would be the SMART thing to do?

Seriously I should be surprised that he's getting hated on for actually trying to get a good look at his players and taking advantage of the fact that it's exactly what the preseason is for...but I'm not.

Edited by Majesty, October 10, 2012 - 11:46 PM.

#40 CameronStewart

CameronStewart

Rookie

• 492 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 11, 2012 - 01:55 AM

Mike Brown been taking those funny pills again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users