Photo

Jordan Hill Injury Thread (Update: Returning Wed. vs Clippers)

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

• 40,373 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:53 PM

Sounds warm & dandy & all, nice to hear certainly, but I'll believe it when I actually see it.

yo.

#82 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,224 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:55 PM

Jordan Craig Hill ‏@jordanchill43
Ay you know ya boy coming back strong real soon...nothing too major...we just being careful...pray for da kid

#83 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,022 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:55 PM

Sounds warm & dandy & all, nice to hear certainly, but I'll believe it when I actually see it.

What has K-mart done recently??? Hill made a statement in that OKC comeback game, without his amazing efforts we woulda lost that game

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#84 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:56 PM

I am sure that he would rather practice against and learn from Steve Nash with the possibility of playing for his hometown team than going somewhere else.

dude what part of him not fitting here are you not getting? If he wants to stay to rot on the bench then so be it because he isn't getting any PT anytime soon. He sucks real bad. Cant shoot, cant cut down turnovers, cant get past his man. He has nobody's blessings on this team. At least Kobe fondly calls Glock the Mini Mamba, this team wont skip a beat if Morris is gone. hes taking up a roster spot and wasting his own time here.

Edited by MDI, October 08, 2012 - 06:56 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#85 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:57 PM

Wow, Sacre and Earl Clark. How exciting. I have so much faith in those guys to get the job done. They'll make me forget all about an all-star like Kenyon Martin.

You got so high on dudes so easily.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

• 40,373 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:58 PM

Listen to this guy again. He knows what he's talking about, not just here, but in his other posts on K-Mart as well.

BTW kenyon looked just as good as jordan hill last year guys, and kenyon hit his J way more consistently

watch this whole thing yall.

Again, don't get me wrong, I love Jordan Hill as much as anyone, in fact, I was one of the very very few and rare people here always calling for minutes for him desperately all the time last season and everyone laughed at me and dissed me and then they sucked his dick when he finally got a legitimate chance, but the facts are the facts.

You got so high on dudes so easily.

I'm only stating facts. Was Kenyon Martin not an all-star? Tell me when Jordan Hill ever was, thanks.

Edited by    , October 08, 2012 - 07:00 PM.

yo.

#87 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:00 PM

dude what part of him not fitting here are you not getting? If he wants to stay to rot on the bench then so be it because he isn't getting any PT anytime soon. He sucks real bad. Cant shoot, cant cut down turnovers, cant get past his man. He has nobody's blessings on this team. At least Kobe fondly calls Glock the Mini Mamba, this team wont skip a beat if Morris is gone. hes taking up a roster spot and wasting his own time here.

Kobe was reaching with that quote as he has recently been demoted, they are now calling him the "Garter Snake." :laughing:

Sucks real bad? someone has no knowledge of the player they are bashing. Cant shoot, Debatable but he has been working on it. Can't cut down turnovers, you are basing this off of what? Cant get past his man :nah: you obviously know Nothing about the kids game.

Edited by viktorkain, October 08, 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#88 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,997 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:01 PM

What has K-mart done recently??? Hill made a statement in that OKC comeback game, without his amazing efforts we woulda lost that game

dude, first of all Go Cowboys, but yo, Kenyon played great last season, he played IDENTICAL to Jhill, no joke(i watched alot of CLips games.entertaining team) , only reason why Kmart has the slight edge in my book over Jhill is that KEnyons J is consistent. im glad we have Hill for the future tho, hopefully he signs his next contract with us,too

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#89 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,513 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:04 PM

Another option is trading one of our backup PG's for a half decent big

Washington Wizards are loaded with quality bigs, we should try to get Kevin Seraphin or Trevor Booker for Blake or Duhon and dump Morris as well. John Wall is out for 8 weeks and they dont have any PGs on the team lol

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/washington.htm

Another team that needs PG's badly is Toronto...Kyle Lowry is out indefinitely

http://www.sbnation....toronto-raptors

trade Duhon for Aaron Gray or somethin

haha aarons my cousin haha. But even though I would be bias I doubt they would give him up for duhon. Aaron may not be the best in shape guy be he's a decent player to have as a practice or bench player.

#90 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,025 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:05 PM

Anybody know about this injury? Is this something he can play through just for 10-15 mins a night or is it something seriously debilitating and needs surgery?

Herniated disk is what Dwight Howard had. He'll be out for a couple of months at least. May or may not need surgery. I've had a couple of people I know have this injury and it's taken them a while to get back, but no surgery.

#91 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,513 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:08 PM

Problem with Kmart is he is good but he is such a problem player and this team doesnt need that. We have a lot of new players on this team and they need to gell quickly. Kmart may cause some hostility which is not needed. I think we can last with Sacre until hill comes back if ever. I actually think he's a decent player. I think he would have done better last night if he wasnt nervous.

#92 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:09 PM

haha aarons my cousin haha. But even though I would be bias I doubt they would give him up for duhon. Aaron may not be the best in shape guy be he's a decent player to have as a practice or bench player.

forreal?

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#93 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 876 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:12 PM

Wow, Sacre and Earl Clark. How exciting. I have so much faith in those guys to get the job done. They'll make me forget all about an all-star like Kenyon Martin.

Well I don't seem to see Kenyon Martin on our roster at the moment and Clark and Sacre(un-garunteed) are. Just working with what we have CURRENTLY. I'd love K Mart if Hills going to be out for an extended period or all season. We still have to wait a week to confirm this.

#94 King Joseph

King Joseph

Rookie

• 153 posts
  • Name:Jonas Joseph
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Lamar Odom

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:13 PM

I understand why everybody is panicking (which most laker fans do), but lets look at things for what it is. They said they'll reevaluate in a week. If it was truly bad they would straight up say he's out indefinitely. So that's a good sign, and plus if he misses regular season time,it'll probably be a month or so. So even though its a setback, lets be glad it ain't worse. Plus all this talk of getting K.mart, did you guys forget we have Jamison? Lmao, he can backup 4,and either gasol gets Extended minutes at the backup 5 or Earl Clark who would help our D out untill Hill comes back, or maybe Sacre??? :mellow: . Lets just hope that hes not out more then a month.
Terry "Mother[expletive]ing" Kennedy: "Skateboarder Pro"

Posted Image

#95 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:17 PM

damm this is all out of no where. he is our guy that comes off the bench with that spark. he is our spark plug!

Posted Image

#96 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:19 PM

Kmart had his moments last season but blank guy making him seem like he can avg a double doublr of something like that. At this point Kmart is the best option we have if hill will be out for that long. Only thing i would be worried about is his temper on the court resulting in unnecessary Ts
Posted Image

#97 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,513 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:27 PM

forreal?

Yep been watching him play ball sense he was at pitt and was a [expletive]ty freshman who was 7 feet tall. He's a good player but he's just kinda lazy.

#98 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:35 PM

Kobe was reaching with that quote as he has recently been demoted, they are now calling him the "Garter Snake." :laughing:

Sucks real bad? someone has no knowledge of the player they are bashing. Cant shoot, Debatable but he has been working on it. Can't cut down turnovers, you are basing this off of what? Cant get past his man :nah: you obviously know Nothing about the kids game.

And Morris is worth a roster spot on this team based on what NBA production?

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#99 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:35 PM

Herniated disk is what Dwight Howard had. He'll be out for a couple of months at least. May or may not need surgery. I've had a couple of people I know have this injury and it's taken them a while to get back, but no surgery.

not necessarily, there are varying degrees of severity. people have been playing with herniations in sports for a long time. depends on the size and location but there is nothing mechanically wrong with the back so if you can take the pain and arent having nerve problems then it can be delayed. because they are mechanically the same, some doctors dont even think you really need time off after the surgery but people dont like chancing their next contract with millions at stake.

wish they could keep this [expletive] quiet until they have it fully evaluated.

sucks but this clearly illustrates the difference between an organization like the lakers vs orlando, who either lied to dwight or was very negligent about his back. a simple x ray would have shown it very clearly.
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#100 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,206 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:36 PM

Yep been watching him play ball sense he was at pitt and was a [expletive]ty freshman who was 7 feet tall. He's a good player but he's just kinda lazy.

He ever hook you up with tickets or like 'hey, I'm making an NBA salary, here's a free [expletive]ing X Box'?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users