Photo

Jordan Hill Injury Thread (Update: Returning Wed. vs Clippers)

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#61 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:32 PM

Im sure we can manage a month and a half with this team and then can dump Morris to get the necessary help in the backup PF/C

You are obviously ignoring the fact that the Kid has a NT clause in his contract for the next two seasons, He wont be leaving unless he wants to.

Whether you personally like K-Mart or not as a person is irrelevant. As a player, he is hands down better than both Robert Sacre and Earl Clark, easily. Even Jordan Hill to be honest. There is absolutely no arguing that. He's a proven quality vet.

Sign him for the vets min. if not Barbosa or Pietrus. Keep CDR. I hope & pray at least one of those four guys make this team somehow.

Completely agree, K-mart is a proven vet and very tenacious on the defensive end of the court. I am worried about how he would affect our locker room especially seeing as we have a guy like Metta who is already enough to deal with.

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:34 PM

They're talking about it on Sportsnet.

Glad all five customers are seeing it

yo.

#63 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:36 PM

Logged in, and the first one I saw " Jordan Hill Out w/ Herniated Disc in Back"

WTF

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#64 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:36 PM

well that was probably gonna happen anyways, at least to some extent. their bench is better than last season but brown aint clearing it for long unless the lead is sizeable or they are holding. pau's the workhorse and really the second best pont guard on the team lol. the man needs a vacation, damn olympics

ya i expected Pau to for sure play with the 2nd unit in important games, and the playoffs.. if we dont sign Kmart, which i think is 50/50, i dont see Jhills injury being a problem in the playoffs,only in the reg season, where Brown might be more hesitent to play PAu in the 2nd unit

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#65 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:37 PM

im one of the 5 people who have a subscription and enjoying every second of it !! ;)
Posted Image

#66 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,279 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:40 PM

come on Cano' K-mart is better than Hill?

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:40 PM

So basically K-Mart is clearly far & away better than Sacre, Clark, and Jordan Hill, but if only the guy could act like a saint, it'd be a no-brainer here. Talent and ability is no problem whatsoever. Anyway so we might be looking at this:

Nash / Barbosa I mean Blake
Kobe / Meeks
Artest / Pietrus I mean CDR / Ebanks
Pau / Jamison
Dwight / K-Mart (oh crap, but I forgot K-Mart can't play center huh?)

yo.

#68 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:41 PM

i dont think this hurts our Champioship chances. sorry. it might hurt our playoff positioning, but to me, because of Dwight, we are so much better than any team, it doesnt matter where we go to play and win a series,OKC,MIA, idc. Pau will play with the 2nd unit in the playoffs, so our 2nd unit will be stronger, actually, when it counts..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#69 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,438 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:43 PM

So basically K-Mart is clearly far & away better than Sacre, Clark, and Jordan Hill, but if only the guy could act like a saint, it'd be a no-brainer here. Talent and ability is no problem whatsoever. Anyway so we might be looking at this:

Nash / Barbosa I mean Blake
Kobe / Meeks
Artest / Pietrus I mean CDR / Ebanks
Pau / Jamison
Dwight / K-Mart (oh crap, but I forgot K-Mart can't play center huh?)

K Mart is not clearly far and away better than Hill.

#70 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:44 PM

at this point in their careers, kmart is better. look at the vid i posted in this thread, a page our two back. kmart has equal athletic ablity to Hill, and kmart's J is more consistent.. kmart crashes the boards just like hill..

#71 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,694 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:44 PM

Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! :wall: I hope it's nothing serious. And when that week comes, the news will be "No surgery needed." Then Jordan can play. If not, Mitch has gotta call K-Mart. Plus K-Mart knows the Princeton offense better than Jordan.

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, October 08, 2012 - 06:46 PM.

#72 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:45 PM

You are obviously ignoring the fact that the Kid has a NT clause in his contract for the next two seasons, He wont be leaving unless he wants to.

He's only signed on for the team next season. That other year is only if the Lakers give him the qualifying offer.

He'd certainly leave if it would get if it would get him a better chance at getting playing time. This is most likely his final guaranteed money, so he needs to prove himself.

Posted Image

#73 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:45 PM

I really Hate that J.Chill got injured I think he was primed for a break out season. I am Glad that Sacre looks to be competent enough to stand in for a while he will get some bad rookie calls but it should not be horrible. I really think we should go after K-Mart and worry about the attitude when and if it becomes a problem. K-Mart, Metta, Kobe and Dwight would be a nightmare on the defensive side of the court. Complete Lock down.

#74 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:46 PM

Tough break for Hill I hope he recovers as soon as possible. Was looking forward to him coming off the bench as that energy guy. Really hope it's not as severe as Dwights injury and isn't a season ending one. Oh well that's life and that's the breaks. It does give someone else a chance now so Clark may get some more playing time now. Also Sacres chances probably improved greatly of securing a spot. Be interesting to see what they do if Hill is out indefinitely though.

#75 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:46 PM

Completely agree, K-mart is a proven vet and very tenacious on the defensive end of the court. I am worried about how he would affect our locker room especially seeing as we have a guy like Metta who is already enough to deal with.

Im sure he'd rather go play somewhere else than rot on the bench here.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:48 PM

Kenyon Martin: All-Star team.

Jordan Hill: Never.

Kenyon Martin Career (1 inch shorter than Jordan Hill and 5 pounds stronger): 13 PPG, 7 RPG, 1 BPG, 48% FG.

Jordan Hill Career: 5 PPG, 4 RPG, 1 BPG 49% Fg.

at this point in their careers, kmart is better. look at the vid i posted in this thread, a page our two back. kmart has equal athletic ablity to Hill, and kmart's J is more consistent.. kmart crashes the boards just like hill..

Thank you. Some Laker fans just letting their hate for the guy cloud their judgement.

Plus K-Mart knows the Princeton offense better than Jordan.

Good call. Very true.

Edited by    , October 08, 2012 - 06:50 PM.

yo.

#77 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:51 PM

He's only signed on for the team next season. That other year is only if the Lakers give him the qualifying offer.

He'd certainly leave if it would get if it would get him a better chance at getting playing time. This is most likely his final guaranteed money, so he needs to prove himself.

I am not so sure about that part, He is from Cali and has always wanted to be a Laker. Also knowing the GM is pulling for you and being able to learn from Nash, Its a once in a lifetime opportunity.

They will issue him a QO same as this year, Mitch is not committing to any of the youngsters but those he is considering projects he generally keeps around until they at least get PT and he sees what he has. Mitch seems to be a very patient man.

On Topic are there any other bigs out there besides K-Mart that you all would like to see on the team that are still available?

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:51 PM

It does give someone else a chance now so Clark may get some more playing time now. Also Sacres chances probably improved greatly of securing a spot.

Wow, Sacre and Earl Clark. How exciting. I have so much faith in those guys to get the job done. They'll make me forget all about an all-star like Kenyon Martin.

yo.

#79 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,279 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:52 PM

Jordan Craig Hill ‏@jordanchill43
Ay you know ya boy coming back strong real soon...nothing too major...we just being careful...pray for da kid

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#80 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:52 PM

Im sure he'd rather go play somewhere else than rot on the bench here.

I am sure that he would rather practice against and learn from Steve Nash with the possibility of playing for his hometown team than going somewhere else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users