29 replies to this topic

#1 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:THE BLACK MAMBA

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:15 PM

So it was reported Kobe lost 16 pounds for the Olympics, but judging by recent photos and the preseason game he's looking pretty jacked.

He's been listed at 205 the past couple season's but I'm not sure how accurate that is. I think he's coming into this season looking like he did in 2005-2007 when he weighed about 220 and dominated everyone. He looked a bit light at times last season.

What do you guys think? Looks like Kobe's gonna be pretty fierce in the post this year.

#2 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:35 PM

He lost weight before the Olympics? He must be using steroids.

Edited by Projekt, October 07, 2012 - 10:37 PM.

• 40,494 posts

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:36 PM

^ Clearly.

yo.

#4 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:36 PM

kobe wont be at 220, he said he likes to stay light for his knees. and id think hed stick to that thinking since he didnt get his patented Germany surgery

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, October 07, 2012 - 10:37 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#5 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'm saying he looks like he's at least 205 if not more. Whatever weight he lost for the Olympics he definitely gained it back (in muscle mass).

Watch the highlights and look at training camp pictures, he looks much stronger this year than last season.

#6 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:40 PM

kobe wont be at 220, he said he likes to stay light for his knees. and id think hed stick to that thinking since he didnt get his patented Germany surgery

It's quite the opposite actually. If he didn't get the german procedure than his knees must be feeling really healthy.

#7 That Guy

That Guy

This Guy

• 97 posts
  • Name:Mike G
  • Fan Since:99'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash, Howard, J. Hill

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:40 PM

Kobe looked a little quicker than last year

#8 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,740 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:41 PM

pics?

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#9 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:43 PM

It's quite the opposite actually. If he didn't get the german procedure than his knees must be feeling really healthy.

that may be true, but he could taking the pre cautious side,we dont know. id like to see him lighter for his knees, and quicker. his arms looked big in the olympics btw, but thats when he was repotedly thinner, and he also had a couple nice dunks. i like him thin at this age

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#10 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts

Posted October 07, 2012 - 11:08 PM

that may be true, but he could taking the pre cautious side,we dont know. id like to see him lighter for his knees, and quicker. his arms looked big in the olympics btw, but thats when he was repotedly thinner, and he also had a couple nice dunks. i like him thin at this age

Yeah, don't get me wrong being thin has his advantages. Although at this stage in his career he doesn't really beat people with his speed, so I can only wonder if being stronger might be more beneficial to his game. Either way he certainly looks bigger than he did at times last season.

Whatever else, I'm sure the mamba knows what he's doing... I was just surprised at how jacked he looked after hearing he lost a lot of weight for the Olympics.

Edited by Cato, October 07, 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#11 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted October 08, 2012 - 09:29 AM

Yeah, don't get me wrong being thin has his advantages. Although at this stage in his career he doesn't really beat people with his speed, so I can only wonder if being stronger might be more beneficial to his game. Either way he certainly looks bigger than he did at times last season.

Whatever else, I'm sure the mamba knows what he's doing... I was just surprised at how jacked he looked after hearing he lost a lot of weight for the Olympics.

I wasn't surprised at all. In fact I called it. He likes to lose weight for the Olympics and the Olympics only it seems, because he lost large amounts prior to both and kept or increased his weight for the NBA. In my opinion it's a big possibility he's taking something. Something that gets tested by the Olympics, but not the NBA. I know he's too pure in a lot of peoples eyes to see this, but he is human and aging and why not? Not that I even think it's a big deal, because to me it's not, but for most to think it's impossible for him to be doing it, I disagree.

Edited by lakerfandude, October 08, 2012 - 09:36 AM.

#12 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,594 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 08, 2012 - 09:44 AM

I wasn't surprised at all. In fact I called it. He likes to lose weight for the Olympics and the Olympics only it seems, because he lost large amounts prior to both and kept or increased his weight for the NBA. In my opinion it's a big possibility he's taking something. Something that gets tested by the Olympics, but not the NBA. I know he's too pure in a lot of peoples eyes to see this, but he is human and aging and why not? Not that I even think it's a big deal, because to me it's not, but for most to think it's impossible for him to be doing it, I disagree.

Its called being a professional athlete.....

troll

#13 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 08, 2012 - 09:50 AM

Whatever he's at, you can bet your ass he is going to be in optimal shape and then some for this season.

This is THE year for him.

#14 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 09:57 AM

Its called being a professional athlete.....

troll

No it's called having a brain and an opinion and not blind to somebody even if they are the greatest player on my favorite team. I put 2 and 2 together and to me it adds up. It doesn't make someone a troll just because they don't always agree with everybody else. You have your opinion and I have mine. Deal with it.

I see that he loses 15 to 20 lbs for each of the last 2 Olympics and comes back bigger and stronger for the NBA seasons. To me that means more than just being an athlete. That is my opinion and you can have yours. You can kiss his feet and bow down to him, but I'm a realist.. I know some of you don't believe this, but he is not a God, he is just human.

Edited by lakerfandude, October 08, 2012 - 10:03 AM.

#15 bobekryant

bobekryant

Rookie

• 469 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 08, 2012 - 10:39 AM

If the Olympics tests for it and NBA does not, then what does it matter? (Assuming what he's theoretically taking is legal.)

#16 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,946 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 08, 2012 - 11:04 AM

lakersfandude never misses a chance to bash Kobe and he tries to do it subtlety. :laughing:

It's called hard work and determination.

Kobe looks like a guy who lost weight and then built leaner muscle along with it.

Heck I'm doing that right now, I look bigger than I did when I weighed more, but i weigh less. Am I on something too? My shoulders are gigantic now but my weight is down in other areas and my "glamor" muscles show it. But if I told you I weighed 20 pounds less than I did 2 months ago you wouldn't believe me.

It's very possible. Kobe still looks light to me, he just looks like he's built lean muscle. I seriously doubt he's put on 20 pounds of muscle, doesn't even look it.

For what it's worth I like the slimmer lean muscled Kobe, it adds longevity to his career.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#17 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 11:40 AM

If the Olympics tests for it and NBA does not, then what does it matter? (Assuming what he's theoretically taking is legal.)

It doesn't matter. It doesn't bother me at all, because if the NBA doesn't test for it then they must not care either. I just believe he is doing it that's all I've been saying.

#18 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 11:45 AM

lakersfandude never misses a chance to bash Kobe and he tries to do it subtlety. :laughing:

It's called hard work and determination.

Kobe looks like a guy who lost weight and then built leaner muscle along with it.

Heck I'm doing that right now, I look bigger than I did when I weighed more, but i weigh less. Am I on something too? My shoulders are gigantic now but my weight is down in other areas and my "glamor" muscles show it. But if I told you I weighed 20 pounds less than I did 2 months ago you wouldn't believe me.

It's very possible. Kobe still looks light to me, he just looks like he's built lean muscle. I seriously doubt he's put on 20 pounds of muscle, doesn't even look it.

For what it's worth I like the slimmer lean muscled Kobe, it adds longevity to his career.

I didn't say it's not possible. All I've been saying is that he loses for the Olympics only, it's not just a thing he did over an off season. He's done this twice now for the last 2 Olympics, and to me it raises a red flag. It's just weird to me that he doesn't lose and gain back weight like that except for when it comes to the Olympics.That's all I'm saying it's the circumstances, not that it can't be done without drugs, of course it can that's not the point. It's the when and why that makes me wonder.

Edited by lakerfandude, October 08, 2012 - 11:46 AM.

#19 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,946 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 08, 2012 - 11:54 AM

I didn't say it's not possible. All I've been saying is that he loses for the Olympics only, it's not just a thing he did over an off season. He's done this twice now for the last 2 Olympics, and to me it raises a red flag. It's just weird to me that he doesn't lose and gain back weight like that except for when it comes to the Olympics.That's all I'm saying it's the circumstances, not that it can't be done without drugs, of course it can that's not the point. It's the when and why that makes me wonder.

he doesn't look "That" much bigger to me to be honest. He looks about the same to me, nothing out of the ordinary, if anything the muscle he's put back on is lean. Very possible to be honest, if I spent time in the weight room for a month I could gain the same amount and I'm not a professional athlete. People need to stop acting like it's hard to put on and lose weight. There's a difference between conditioning yourself for a few weeks of the Olympics and then conditioning yourself for an 82 game NBA season. You are trying to raise a red flag on something that doesn't need any red flag to be raised on.

His role in the Olympics as well as his lifestyle change has to do with his weight loss and what he trained for, during the season training he probably hits the weights a little more but to me his muscle is still lean. He's preparing to play an 82 game season and bang with people, so he has to put on a little more muscle. He didn't exactly gain ALL of it back. He's been pretty smart about it.

He doesn't even look like he's gained 15 pounds of muscle back so you're overstating "he lost it and gained it back"

aside from the fact in that amount of time it would be very easy to gain said muscle back without any kind of "substance" if he had. So really you're raising flags over nothing other than a subtle jab.

The muscle he's put on is lean, not bulk, and he was moving quicker on the court the other night than I've seen in a while. So it looks like lean muscle naturally built after losing weight similar to what I'm doing. Nothing more.

Edited by Majesty, October 08, 2012 - 11:59 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#20 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,244 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 11:59 AM

who cares. why are we arguing about something with no proof one way or the other. there is no basis for even making an argument out of this
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users