Photo

Per Dwight: He is now Iron Man. Thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

• 39,017 posts

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:03 PM

Per Dwight during the game, he revealed to Stu & arguably annoying Billy Mac that he is now Iron Man. No longer Superman.

Thoughts?

RT @MarkGMedina: @DwightHoward said he's going to ask his Twitter followers for suggestions on what his new nickname should be

Edited by    , October 07, 2012 - 10:28 PM.

yo.

#2 Trev

Trev

Rookie

• 277 posts
  • Fan Since:Today
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:07 PM

I don't think there was anything official about it

#3 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 9,699 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

sure why not

#4 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Thats wack he basically let Shaq bully him out of being Superman, he needs to mentally toughen up and ignore this [expletive] Shaq.

• 39,017 posts

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:09 PM

I don't think there was anything official about it

Why not? Did you at least actually listen to it yourself? I know I did. Seemed serious enough. I personally kinda hope he doesn't (some for the reason NYC stated), but we'll see.

yo.

#6 GenkiSushi

GenkiSushi

Rookie

• 739 posts

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:10 PM

If he really was serious about the change, then shaq can now stop in bashing Howard.

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,940 posts

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:24 PM

RT @MarkGMedina: @DwightHoward said he's going to ask his Twitter followers for suggestions on what his new nickname should be

#8 Trev

Trev

Rookie

• 277 posts
  • Fan Since:Today
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:33 PM

Yea I watched it. Wasn't anything official or final about it

• 39,017 posts

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:34 PM

^ It seemed that way initially to me, but now after West Coast's update, clearly I was wrong. Edited the 'official' parts out of my first post and title of the thread by the way.

yo.

#10 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,038 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:54 PM

Atually may be better for him to do this. This might just be a nick name but the superman thing really tied him with orlando and it keeps having shaq talk [expletive] which I dwight is probably getting annoyed about.

Its not being bullied out of it its really just being the bigger man. If shaq's whole superman [expletive] is so precious to him let him have it. I doubt dwight even cares.

I think its a good PR move and with the whole iron man stuff being much more popular in hollywood these days than superman(Even though there is a new superman movie coming out) it could get him more publcity. Maybe even a cameo in one of the ironman or avengers movies.

Also if shaq goes on about how he won that battle over superman he will look like a child and basically just prove to people how much he was butt hurt over that stupid knick name crap.

#11 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 07, 2012 - 11:03 PM

Atually may be better for him to do this. This might just be a nick name but the superman thing really tied him with orlando and it keeps having shaq talk [expletive] which I dwight is probably getting annoyed about.

Its not being bullied out of it its really just being the bigger man. If shaq's whole superman [expletive] is so precious to him let him have it. I doubt dwight even cares.

I think its a good PR move and with the whole iron man stuff being much more popular in hollywood these days than superman(Even though there is a new superman movie coming out) it could get him more publcity. Maybe even a cameo in one of the ironman or avengers movies.

Also if shaq goes on about how he won that battle over superman he will look like a child and basically just prove to people how much he was butt hurt over that stupid knick name crap.

I see where your coming from and your right this whole nickname thing is stupid and irrelevant and it could possibly be good for him. But I still think if he is in fact changing it it's because of Shaq and not because he just wants to be the bigger man and I don't like that it shows some mental weakness in Dwight which I already know is there after this whole indecision fiasco.

If anything he should just not a address it at all either way him looking for a new superhero nickname implies to me that he still wants to have childish fun and have this superhero persona but can't handle the verbal abuse from Shaq so he's picking something different.

#12 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,214 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted October 07, 2012 - 11:06 PM

He will always be Superman in my eyes.

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Cavy Music

#13 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,591 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 07, 2012 - 11:15 PM

I thought Stu was calling him Iron man due to the fact that he missed somewhere around 7 games up until his back injury? Don't think i remember him saying he was changing it to ironman
Posted Image

#14 Galácticos

Galácticos

Kings

• 2,950 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Young

Posted October 08, 2012 - 12:03 AM

He should be Archangel.

CHAD.jpg

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#15 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,533 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 08, 2012 - 12:13 AM

i always rather talk about something with more basketball substance, this isnt intriguing to me at all. BUT, someone on twitter said "the dwight knight" and i liked it. but heres my 2cents, and its probly been said here already....ever since dwight put that cape on and threw down that unhuman dunk where his body was parallel to the rim, ive had no problem calling him superman,even tho Shaq will always be the first superman that comes to my mind,sports wise.. also, young kids, who are in high school now, its strictly dwight who is and will be superman to them, not shaq, crazy, good thing ima early 90s baby

"The West aint close, now that the LAL got Dwight, who gon stop him on OKC!????" - Chris Webber (nba tv -August)

Big 4s are OVERRATED. you think Nash/Kobe/Dwight cant carry the whole Offensive load!?
(Peace Pau we need pieces, not MettaWorldPieces!!!!!!!!)

#16 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 08, 2012 - 12:14 AM

I cannot believe we are actually discussing a [expletive]ing nickname. Who cares? We should focus on more important things like basketball and how Dwight will fit into the offense. I don't wanna see him getting just 5-10 touches a game. He should be getting 20 touches a game. At least 15 shots a game. He needs to dominant the ball on both sides and in order to that we need to get him the ball consistently. He will draw multiple defenders which will lead to open looks for the shooters. Guys are gonna have to knock down shots and keep the spacing.
htCCl0m.png

#17 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,533 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 08, 2012 - 12:18 AM

I cannot believe we are actually discussing a [expletive]ing nickname. Who cares? We should focus on more important things like basketball and how Dwight will fit into the offense. I don't wanna see him getting just 5-10 touches a game. He should be getting 20 touches a game. At least 15 shots a game. He needs to dominant the ball on both sides and in order to that we need to get him the ball consistently. He will draw multiple defenders which will lead to open looks for the shooters. Guys are gonna have to knock down shots and keep the spacing.

look at what i posted above u, we were thinking the same exact thing at the same exact time, we're eskimo brothers...hahahaahah (not the meaning)
but ay i have faith that Dwight will get 15 touches a game, a few from nash,7 post shots, and offensive boards.. around 15, kobe has said dwight will get alot more, he was lying.lol but we will throw it into him for easy buckets..

"The West aint close, now that the LAL got Dwight, who gon stop him on OKC!????" - Chris Webber (nba tv -August)

Big 4s are OVERRATED. you think Nash/Kobe/Dwight cant carry the whole Offensive load!?
(Peace Pau we need pieces, not MettaWorldPieces!!!!!!!!)

#18 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,377 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted October 08, 2012 - 01:09 AM

Dwight is stealing A.C. Green's nick name.
Hey Laker fans! Check out this internet radio talk show for TRUE Laker fans. Hear them out and let them know what you think about the show. Send them an email with your thought and opinions on the Lakers, the show, or any other topic you want. Thanks for listening and GO LAKERS!! www.purpleandgoldradioshow.com

Signatures may contain an image, but may not be any larger than 468x140.

#19 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,941 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:39 AM

Only problem is LBJ is IRon Man : he said this back in 08 USA team when they put on the uniforms. Plus the fact he hasnt suffered any injuries as of yet that he didnt fake.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#20 AFXTWIN

AFXTWIN

Rookie

• 104 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Tony Jaros

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:53 AM

Per Dwight during the game, he revealed to Stu & arguably annoying Billy Mac that he is now Iron Man. No longer Superman.

Thoughts?

Marvel > D.C.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users