• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#121 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:24 PM

now for the third time can a MODERATOR change the thread topic back to what it was originally?? back to "Offical Preseason Thread"

Nope. Title stays as is.

#122 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:25 PM

Nope. Title stays as is.

Was the title changed to be funny or something?? there is no reason for why it was changed

#123 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:27 PM

Wow so he tries to hold you to a higher standard and you reply with the excuse of "you don't know how hard my job is" smh everybody has jobs and or hobbies and if that job or hobby is too stressful or too much for you to handle maybe you should resign from your position and have somebody that can manage the "stress" of the job

And where did I say the mod job was hard? Please show me.

I said you don't know know half the stuff we deal with. There's a difference between that statement and the one you're implying I'm saying.

But then again, not surprised you don't understand that.

#124 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:29 PM

Was the title changed to be funny or something?? there is no reason for why it was changed

I didn't change it. But I'm sure whoever did had a reason. Actually you're lucky this wasn't locked since we already had a "who will make the final roster" type thread.

#125 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:37 PM

I didn't change it. But I'm sure whoever did had a reason. Actually you're lucky this wasn't locked since we already had a "who will make the final roster" type thread.

If that's the case how come the mod who did it didn't post and say why it was done? that's ridiculous.. it's annoying to do little things like that for no reason and then not even to say why it was done and a Official preseason thread and a "who will make the final roster" type thread are completely different one being to talk about all the preseason games and the other to post opinions based on what they feel...

And where did I say the mod job was hard? Please show me.

I said you don't know know half the stuff we deal with. There's a difference between that statement and the one you're implying I'm saying.

But then again, not surprised you don't understand that.

then why make a statement saying you don't know the stuff I deal with as a statement not implying that what you do is hard or stressful? and if it isn't what was the point of even saying that?

#126 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:39 PM

Posted Image

I cannot say who wont make the team but I know Ebanks and Morris are pretty good for a while. Anyone know why they would give Ebanks and D-Mo no trade clauses in their contracts?

#127 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:11 PM

if theres already a "who will make the final roster thread" then why the hell was this changed into a duplicate thread? i want a Pre Season thread. it should be in the threads at the top too..

#128 King Joseph

King Joseph

Rookie

• 153 posts
  • Name:Jonas Joseph
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Lamar Odom

Posted October 08, 2012 - 07:35 PM

Lmao, smh this "mod" thread disagreement is pretty funny :laughing: . I always wonder do mods get paid ? Cuz it seems like they don't, but anyways can't wait for preseason game on Wednesday, and hopefully some of the members/mods can straiten this up. *goes back to living real life :laughing:
Terry "Mother[expletive]ing" Kennedy: "Skateboarder Pro"

Posted Image

#129 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,737 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 08, 2012 - 08:04 PM

Lmao, smh this "mod" thread disagreement is pretty funny :laughing: . I always wonder do mods get paid ? Cuz it seems like they don't, but anyways can't wait for preseason game on Wednesday, and hopefully some of the members/mods can straiten this up. *goes back to living real life :laughing:

lol if mods were paid all of us would be sucking up to real deal for a position

#130 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 08, 2012 - 08:08 PM

That is definitely not a true statement there is ultimately a lot of favoritism shown to certain members and anybody who disagrees with the majority basically is watched like a hawk til they violate the rules then are banned... I've seen it happen a million times... If everybody agreed with everybody the forums would be completely boring and it's good to debate but a lot of posters here don't do any research or watch any games they base everything either off of skewed stats or popular opinion... Any sports analyzer or anybody that knows basketball would know to watch their games and study the players before making ignorant statements... that's why most of the reviews on young players that played last year that had limited minutes didn't get criticized too much or came to any conclusion about a player but it seems like most people can't understand that.. all I ask is for fair treatment and people to actually speak off of what actually happened in the game instead of reading me box scores if that was the case we would all be sports analyzers

That is not the case at all. There is no favoritism showed towards any single member by the staff. We've booted off members with thousands of posts for causing trouble just as often as we have members that couldn't last more than a few weeks. We show zero favoritism to any single poster on these boards, and it has been that way since day one. Seeing us boot off people "a million times" is hardly accurate when we've only kicked off a total of 3-4 members in the last year for continuously causing problems on the board (and that's after at least 3-4 warnings via PM). If anyone is on the staff's radar, it's for having caused trouble in the past.

Anyone that disagrees with the majority is watched until they get banned? Funny, we've had a grand total of 3 contributing members getting banned in the last year. All three with 1,000+ posts on these boards. Two of the contributing members continued to cause problems and posted with multiple accounts, the other went off on some expletive filled rant for a page before getting the boot.

Do you think that Bynum is better than Howard? That Darius Morris is a legitimate NBA player? That Mike Brown is a good coach? You can have these opinions, but you had better be able to back them up. Otherwise you'll be torn apart by people who actually understand the game.

What actually happened in the game is that our 3rd stringers were beaten to hell by the Warriors late in yesterday's preseason game, that Darius Morris is still not capable of legitimately contributing to a team in a back-up role on any team, and that Steve Nash is very good.

#131 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 08:10 PM

If that's the case how come the mod who did it didn't post and say why it was done? that's ridiculous.. it's annoying to do little things like that for no reason and then not even to say why it was done and a Official preseason thread and a "who will make the final roster" type thread are completely different one being to talk about all the preseason games and the other to post opinions based on what they feel...

What is ridiculous is when people complain about the thread title being changed when the opening post was:

This thread is for who you think should make the roster and who should get cut... And what players do you think did good and which players did bad

#132 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 08:15 PM

That is not the case at all. There is no favoritism showed towards any single member by the staff. We've booted off members with thousands of posts for causing trouble just as often as we have members that couldn't last more than a few weeks. We show zero favoritism to any single poster on these boards, and it has been that way since day one. Seeing us boot off people "a million times" is hardly accurate when we've only kicked off a total of 3-4 members in the last year for continuously causing problems on the board (and that's after at least 3-4 warnings via PM). If anyone is on the staff's radar, it's for having caused trouble in the past.

Anyone that disagrees with the majority is watched until they get banned? Funny, we've had a grand total of 3 contributing members getting banned in the last year. All three with 1,000+ posts on these boards. Two of the contributing members continued to cause problems and posted with multiple accounts, the other went off on some expletive filled rant for a page before getting the boot.

Do you think that Bynum is better than Howard? That Darius Morris is a legitimate NBA player? That Mike Brown is a good coach? You can have these opinions, but you had better be able to back them up. Otherwise you'll be torn apart by people who actually understand the game.

What actually happened in the game is that our 3rd stringers were beaten to hell by the Warriors late in yesterday's preseason game, that Darius Morris is still not capable of legitimately contributing to a team in a back-up role on any team, and that Steve Nash is very good.

i love ur view on how a forum like this should be run. no argument there at all, and no argument to ur last 2 paragraphs. i just want a Pre Season thread man, and i think it should be at the top, with the training camp thread(not together)

#133 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 08:22 PM

i love ur view on how a forum like this should be run. no argument there at all, and no argument to ur last 2 paragraphs. i just want a Pre Season thread man, and i think it should be at the top, with the training camp thread(not together)

We've got the Gameday Threads for discussion and people are free to make new threads to discuss any relevant topics. I'd rather have that (or for people to make use of our Player Evaluation forum) than creating a new thread for this. SL thread was very disorganized and the preseason thread will turn out the same way. A single preseason thread would get filled up with too many posts dealing with different games and just become tough to follow It's not worth it.

Also, the TC thread will be unpinned shortly.

#134 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 08, 2012 - 08:58 PM

That is definitely not a true statement there is ultimately a lot of favoritism shown to certain members and anybody who disagrees with the majority basically is watched like a hawk til they violate the rules then are banned... I've seen it happen a million times

Okay, smart ass, give me five members who have been banned because they disagreed with the majority, since you've seen it happen a million times.

Oh yea and Real Deal the player E'Twaun Moore had 16 points 7 assists and 3 rebounds in the magic game the other day and led his team in points. So do you still feel like he is a scrub?? LOL I haven't been able to see Malcom Lee play any games either since he is injured right now but believe me I'll tell you his stat line when he gets to play as well lol

Brian Roberts (in that same game, for the Hornets) had 17 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 3-4 from downtown, and led the team. Do you even know who Brian Roberts is? Are you going to tell me that Brian Roberts is going to be a better player than Anthony Davis? Did you even watch that game? I'm going to bet that you didn't...but I did.

Are you trolling, or serious? Honest to God, I'm asking you this...because I have no idea.

This is starting to remind me of gerald green thread... LOL it was hilarious reading some of the post in that thread cause people argued that Green was a bum and some thought he was a good rotational player... and even when he scored 30 points and had many other good scoring games everybody just wrote it off lol and people still believe Gerald Green wouldn't be good for us smh IDK if some of you just have favorite players and stick to them or do people really sit down and watch games and then come to conclusions about players

Get off his jock strap. Five of his last eight games were struggles, but where were you during that time? He played 31 games last season, on a bad team, against teams that were doing everything they could to stop Deron Williams (their only good player). Apparently, you'll never understand how that works.

#135 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 09:05 PM

gerald green is legit to me. and his dunks arent even in my mind, what is tho, is his improved 3point shot, and his ability to create off the dribble, and finish

#136 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 09:40 PM

Brian Roberts (in that same game, for the Hornets) had 17 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 3-4 from downtown, and led the team. Do you even know who Brian Roberts is? Are you going to tell me that Brian Roberts is going to be a better player than Anthony Davis? Did you even watch that game? I'm going to bet that you didn't...but I did.

Are you trolling, or serious? Honest to God, I'm asking you this...because I have no idea.

Yes Brian Roberts he played way better than Gervis Vasquez that game I watched it from start to finish and no I didn't know who he was till I seen that game and why would I think Brian Roberts is. Better than Anthony Davis idk where you got that idea from that's laughable lol and no I'm not trolling its annoying AF hearing you call every single player in the league a scrub it's just stars and scrubs with you and once again no matter what any player does it doesn't matter

#137 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 08, 2012 - 10:36 PM

Cj: I changed the thread title because you posted what the thread title should be in your first post.

"This thread is for who you think should make the roster and who should get cut."

You words, not anyone else's. There's nothing "official" about that, nothing at all. You inadvertently created anew topic that was of interest to everyone. Now for some reason you seem hellbent on bringing the topic back to a one that already existed. You're shooting yourself in the foot here.

We already have a pre-season, camp, media day thread, as well as plenty of other threads that cover the same topic. You started this thread with the words I listed above, that you said. The reason it stayed open is because I changed the title. I could've simply closed it and referred you to a previously existing thread or deleted it entirely. But, I didn't, I gave you the benefit of the doubt by simple re-titling it and leaving it open.

it was going just fine, running well on a different topic, but for some reason you felt the need to raise a stink about the thread title, then accuse us of biased treatment of posters.

We don't have any, zero, nada bias towards any member either favorable or not. All we ever ask is that people follow the rules and stay civil. That's it, not too tough. Yet, somehow those two simple rules seem absolutely impossible to abide by for some.

#138 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 10:58 PM

I wonder if Mike Brown will run Nash with Earl Clark because it seems like he's not a bad player he had 7 rebounds and 2 blocks with Nash he could be a good addition

#139 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 09, 2012 - 01:18 AM

Yes Brian Roberts he played way better than Gervis Vasquez that game I watched it from start to finish and no I didn't know who he was till I seen that game and why would I think Brian Roberts is. Better than Anthony Davis idk where you got that idea from that's laughable lol and no I'm not trolling its annoying AF hearing you call every single player in the league a scrub it's just stars and scrubs with you and once again no matter what any player does it doesn't matter

For one, one would have to assume you think Brian Roberts will be better than Anthony Davis, since he outperformed him (and everyone else on the Hornets) in that one preseason game. In fact, one would think that you believe Brian Roberts should be considered a reliable backup...possibly a sixth man. Correct?

And you didn't have to answer my question. I already knew you had no idea who he was.

-----------

So, it's just stars and scrubs with me, right? Explain why I think Blake is a better backup than Morris, then. If it's just stars and scrubs, wouldn't Blake be on the same level, in my eyes? Because we know he's no star.

Let me go ahead and help you understand something:

Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard - superstars
Steve Nash - franchise player
Pau Gasol - all-star / borderline all-star
Ron Artest - starter
Antawn Jamison - sixth man
Steve Blake, Jodie Meeks, Jordan Hill - second unit backups (no matter what team)
Chris Douglas-Roberts, Devin Ebanks, Earl Clark, Chris Duhon - borderline scrubs, BUT could be moved up
Darius Morris, Andrew Goudelock, DJO, Robert Sacre - scrubs (D-League)

Now let me ask you...how many times did I state that Ron Artest (who is not a star, nor is he a scrub) was a huge reason why we won our 2010 championship? I believe I stated it the other day, actually, in the Trevor Ariza topic.

It's all just stars and scrubs with me?

No, the problem is that you have a player crush on Darius Morris, and it's not a good look because, quite frankly, there's no reason to like him...unless, of course, you still think he's playing in Michigan.

#140 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted October 09, 2012 - 05:00 AM

For one, one would have to assume you think Brian Roberts will be better than Anthony Davis, since he outperformed him (and everyone else on the Hornets) in that one preseason game. In fact, one would think that you believe Brian Roberts should be considered a reliable backup...possibly a sixth man. Correct?

And you didn't have to answer my question. I already knew you had no idea who he was.

-----------

So, it's just stars and scrubs with me, right? Explain why I think Blake is a better backup than Morris, then. If it's just stars and scrubs, wouldn't Blake be on the same level, in my eyes? Because we know he's no star.

Let me go ahead and help you understand something:

Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard - superstars
Steve Nash - franchise player
Pau Gasol - all-star / borderline all-star
Ron Artest - starter
Antawn Jamison - sixth man
Steve Blake, Jodie Meeks, Jordan Hill - second unit backups (no matter what team)
Chris Douglas-Roberts, Devin Ebanks, Earl Clark, Chris Duhon - borderline scrubs, BUT could be moved up
Darius Morris, Andrew Goudelock, DJO, Robert Sacre - scrubs (D-League)

Now let me ask you...how many times did I state that Ron Artest (who is not a star, nor is he a scrub) was a huge reason why we won our 2010 championship? I believe I stated it the other day, actually, in the Trevor Ariza topic.

It's all just stars and scrubs with me?

No, the problem is that you have a player crush on Darius Morris, and it's not a good look because, quite frankly, there's no reason to like him...unless, of course, you still think he's playing in Michigan.

Wow idk where you got this idea where I was implying that Brian Roberts was better than anybody because of one good game.... That was never said or implied and the only thing I was trying to state from that game is that Moore isn't a scrub and in the right system he could be a useful player

And bottom line is Morris is the only PG that can get to the rim and create for others at this point and plays better defense than Blake or Duhon.... The only thing that Blake is better than Morris in is spot up shooting but I'm starting to doubt that on how poorly Blake has shot the ball in recent years... And that's why I would play Morris over Blake ..... It makes more sense to play a upcoming player that wants to be better than a player who is on a steep decline]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users