#101 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 22,609 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted October 08, 2012 - 02:09 PM

If you guys knew half the stuff we deal with, you would understand.

Our staff is very lenient when it comes to moderating the forums but the rest of the mods will tell you, just like I did above... If you don't enjoy it here, there's the door. Go to ESPN forums where there is very little moderation and a lot more immature posts and users.

It's funny because we see the people that complain about the mods on here, but it's those same people that snitch off other members through PM's and cry for us to do our jobs because people are being mean to them.

Again, no disrespect to you, but if you don't like the way we handle things around here, we aren't forcing you to stay.

Tell them Johnny
Posted Image

#102 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,439 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 08, 2012 - 02:22 PM

duhon is garbage but blake is better than morris right now. there is a reason blake has gotten more minutes than morris, much like there is a reason the lakers were able to draft morris.

morris may just be better one day but he has shown nothing that indicates his readiness to compete at this level.

im fine with him becoming the backup and hope he can improve, but he has to earn it first.
he isnt going to get minutes just because. the lakers cant afford to do that with an inexperienced player right now unless he shows something

One thing i saw from Morris that I didn't see with Duhon, is that despite what everyone calls on Morris in terms of his overdribbling at times, he actually moved the ball and set people up in that weak lineup last night, they just couldn't seal the deal. If Reeves had made his layups..yes layups.. and Morris had finished with 3 assists would we be saying anything?

When Duhon was out there.. I didn't see much of that, there was a lot of standing still and late in the shotclock kind of shots where the offense didn't move at all. By those accounts I'd say Morris looked better. I'm not saying he's "ready" but he sure as heck looked like he knew more of what he was doing out there than Duhon did. That may not say much cause it was Duhon, but still, he didn't seem as "bad" as everyone is trying to act like. He was out there with a weak lineup and he penetrated well and found some guys off nice passes that didn't convert eventhough they were point blank.

So no I don't think Morris is ready but he wasn't by any means terrible last night imo.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#103 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,596 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 08, 2012 - 02:35 PM

Seriously? :nah:
A Moderator or Administrator of any forum should hold themselves to a higher standard than what you are showing. I am not about to argue that, it is what it is.

You've been registered here since January with 51 total posts. I'm assuming you're not here almost every day to witness what the staff has to deal with on a daily basis. Member complaints via PM, keeping the forums civil, making sure that threads run on topic, keeping the forum clean of any spam or other problems, answering questions people have regarding the forum in general, etc. Dwight Howard thread over the summer? Various members on the staff were right on that (like West Coast) ready to provide updates and to keep discussion from veering off course. We volunteer our time to keep this place running smoothly with great posters, quality discussion, and a place for the fans to hang out with other people who share their enthusiasm.

Everything posted here in the thread in regards to Morris, Goudelock or any other scrub player at the end of the roster has been beaten to death countless times. I don't expect you to have seen it, but we've been dealing with these same "arguments" (not really, more like blind fandom) for months now.

#104 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,725 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 08, 2012 - 02:36 PM

No one is saying he should take Blake's spot, unless I missed it.

Yep, you missed it.

"Get over it." man you talk to people like they are your kids, so condescending. Not cool behavior at all for a Mod. (excuse me an Admin)

Get over it.

#105 CTE WORLD

CTE WORLD

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Worthy.and Kobe

Posted October 08, 2012 - 02:44 PM

Darius Morris
Free The Wave

#106 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,869 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 02:52 PM

After the summer league and this preseason game, I have lost what little faith I had left in Morris. He's just not an NBA caliber player yet.

I don't need to say much about Duhon.

So that leaves us with, well, Blake. I'd say we have pretty decent reserves so having a bad backup one shouldn't kill our hopes of a ring by any means.

This

I think we should go with a 14 man team

PG Nash/Blake/Duhon
SG Kobe/Meeks/Glock
SF MWP/Ebanks/CDR
PF Gasoll/Hill/Jamison
C Dwight/Sacre

^ not saying thats what the rotation should look like but thats the position players I'd keep

rest can go

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#107 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,725 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 08, 2012 - 02:56 PM

Would be nice if we could get rid of Duhon, because I don't want to see him log any minutes...but I doubt that happens for us.

I'd play CDR over Ebanks, by the way. CDR has always had more potential, and Ebanks doesn't seem like an NBA player to me.

Hill should be the backup five, Jamison backup four. We can get away with that in the Princeton, and despite his size, Hill can defend backup centers in limited playing time.

#108 thrilla86

thrilla86

Rookie

• 209 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 08, 2012 - 02:58 PM

This

I think we should go with a 14 man team

PG Nash/Blake/Duhon
SG Kobe/Meeks/Glock
SF MWP/Ebanks/CDR
PF Gasoll/Hill/Jamison
C Dwight/Sacre

^ not saying thats what the rotation should look like but thats the position players I'd keep

rest can go

I agree with you 100%. Morris could really use the in-game experience that the D-League can offer him.

#109 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 9,697 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted October 08, 2012 - 03:00 PM

to be honest we took a lot of bad shots last night especially Jordan Hill. I don't care if he had 10 points he has no business being 20 feet away from the basket and shooting mid range shots. 13-15 feet is understandable but a foot inside the 3pt line gtfo!.

Somoygi
Nelson
Aguilar

Are going to be gone by next week

#110 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted October 08, 2012 - 03:04 PM

Yep, you missed it.

Get over it.

You're right I missed it. And I am currently building my bridge.

Would be nice if we could get rid of Duhon, because I don't want to see him log any minutes...but I doubt that happens for us.

I'd play CDR over Ebanks, by the way. CDR has always had more potential, and Ebanks doesn't seem like an NBA player to me.

Hill should be the backup five, Jamison backup four. We can get away with that in the Princeton, and despite his size, Hill can defend backup centers in limited playing time.

Completely agree CDR is much more polished than Ebanks, I don't know Ebanks just seems kind of aloof at times.

#111 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 491 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted October 08, 2012 - 04:07 PM

I was happy with CDR for sure. Blake played ok, I wanted to see a bit more from Meeks and Jamison, I'm sure it will come.

I thought Nelson's attitude was horrible, he made a few bad plays and that was it, head down. I actually felt a bit bad for him, but then I remembered he plays basketball for a living at the moment :D

#112 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,869 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 04:25 PM

Glock might be the best shooter on the team outside of Nash. When you have 2 bigs who work primarily on the inside and another wing player who likes to do most of his work 15 feet and below like a post player (Kobe), you need floor spacers to keep the defense honest and let these guys do what they do best on the inside. Thats why we need to keep Glock. He shot 44% from 3s last year in January 10 games mainly playing alongside scrubs like Kapono, McRoberts and Murphy, imagine what he can do next to a Pau and Nash or a Dwight/Nash.

Edited by MDI, October 08, 2012 - 04:25 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#113 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted October 08, 2012 - 04:35 PM

Glock might be the best shooter on the team outside of Nash. When you have 2 bigs who work primarily on the inside and another wing player who likes to do most of his work 15 feet and below like a post player (Kobe), you need floor spacers to keep the defense honest and let these guys do what they do best on the inside. Thats why we need to keep Glock. He shot 44% from 3s last year in January 10 games mainly playing alongside scrubs like Kapono, McRoberts and Murphy, imagine what he can do next to a Pau and Nash or a Dwight/Nash.

Pineapples.

#114 King Joseph

King Joseph

Rookie

• 153 posts
  • Name:Jonas Joseph
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Lamar Odom

Posted October 08, 2012 - 04:59 PM

C-Dwight/Hill/Sacre
Pf-Gasol/Jamison/Clark
Sf-Peace/CDR/Ebanks
Sg-Bryant/Meeks
Pg-Nash/Blake/Morris/Duhon
Terry "Mother[expletive]ing" Kennedy: "Skateboarder Pro"

Posted Image

#115 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 08, 2012 - 05:35 PM

C-Dwight/Hill/Sacre
Pf-Gasol/Jamison/Clark
Sf-Peace/CDR/Ebanks
Sg-Bryant/Meeks
Pg-Nash/Blake/Morris/Duhon

CDR can alternate to SG also.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#116 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:06 PM

You've been registered here since January with 51 total posts. I'm assuming you're not here almost every day to witness what the staff has to deal with on a daily basis. Member complaints via PM, keeping the forums civil, making sure that threads run on topic, keeping the forum clean of any spam or other problems, answering questions people have regarding the forum in general, etc. Dwight Howard thread over the summer? Various members on the staff were right on that (like West Coast) ready to provide updates and to keep discussion from veering off course. We volunteer our time to keep this place running smoothly with great posters, quality discussion, and a place for the fans to hang out with other people who share their enthusiasm.

Everything posted here in the thread in regards to Morris, Goudelock or any other scrub player at the end of the roster has been beaten to death countless times. I don't expect you to have seen it, but we've been dealing with these same "arguments" (not really, more like blind fandom) for months now.

That is definitely not a true statement there is ultimately a lot of favoritism shown to certain members and anybody who disagrees with the majority basically is watched like a hawk til they violate the rules then are banned... I've seen it happen a million times... If everybody agreed with everybody the forums would be completely boring and it's good to debate but a lot of posters here don't do any research or watch any games they base everything either off of skewed stats or popular opinion... Any sports analyzer or anybody that knows basketball would know to watch their games and study the players before making ignorant statements... that's why most of the reviews on young players that played last year that had limited minutes didn't get criticized too much or came to any conclusion about a player but it seems like most people can't understand that.. all I ask is for fair treatment and people to actually speak off of what actually happened in the game instead of reading me box scores if that was the case we would all be sports analyzers

#117 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:09 PM

If you guys knew half the stuff we deal with, you would understand.

Our staff is very lenient when it comes to moderating the forums but the rest of the mods will tell you, just like I did above... If you don't enjoy it here, there's the door. Go to ESPN forums where there is very little moderation and a lot more immature posts and users.

It's funny because we see the people that complain about the mods on here, but it's those same people that snitch off other members through PM's and cry for us to do our jobs because people are being mean to them.

Again, no disrespect to you, but if you don't like the way we handle things around here, we aren't forcing you to stay.

Wow so he tries to hold you to a higher standard and you reply with the excuse of "you don't know how hard my job is" smh everybody has jobs and or hobbies and if that job or hobby is too stressful or too much for you to handle maybe you should resign from your position and have somebody that can manage the "stress" of the job

#118 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,589 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:12 PM

I like what i saw from Sacre would def like to see more of him in the coming games. Hoping for 15 min in the next few games to see if hes really prepared for this team.
Posted Image

#119 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:18 PM

Oh yea and Real Deal the player E'Twaun Moore had 16 points 7 assists and 3 rebounds in the magic game the other day and led his team in points. So do you still feel like he is a scrub?? LOL I haven't been able to see Malcom Lee play any games either since he is injured right now but believe me I'll tell you his stat line when he gets to play as well lol

This is starting to remind me of gerald green thread... LOL it was hilarious reading some of the post in that thread cause people argued that Green was a bum and some thought he was a good rotational player... and even when he scored 30 points and had many other good scoring games everybody just wrote it off lol and people still believe Gerald Green wouldn't be good for us smh IDK if some of you just have favorite players and stick to them or do people really sit down and watch games and then come to conclusions about players

I like what i saw from Sacre would def like to see more of him in the coming games. Hoping for 15 min in the next few games to see if hes really prepared for this team.

I would only like to see Sacre out there when nash is out there lol besides that it's Hill>>>Sacre

#120 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:19 PM

now for the third time can a MODERATOR change the thread topic back to what it was originally?? back to "Offical Preseason Thread"

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users