355 replies to this topic

#81 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 08, 2012 - 09:31 AM

From what Ive seen from your post, you have a low basketball IQ. You ride morris unbelievably hard when he has done absolutely nothing in the NBA. Nothing. How are we the ones who don't know basketball again?

I don't even think I've ever seen a post from you that states anything but negative comments towards players and give obvious praise to our stars but even when they don't play well you continue with your negative comments and I have yet to see you say anything worth debating... My whole point behind this is that Morris should be back up point gaurd that is all.. and that's because blake and duhon suck so bad... but idk how some of you think blake and duhon are better than morris when they have double the minutes of him and produce barely anything on either side of the ball...

#82 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 08, 2012 - 09:43 AM

I don't even think I've ever seen a post from you that states anything but negative comments towards players and give obvious praise to our stars but even when they don't play well you continue with your negative comments and I have yet to see you say anything worth debating... My whole point behind this is that Morris should be back up point gaurd that is all.. and that's because blake and duhon suck so bad... but idk how some of you think blake and duhon are better than morris when they have double the minutes of him and produce barely anything on either side of the ball...

Morris isn't ready for the Nba but you don't have the intelligence to see that.

#83 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 08, 2012 - 09:54 AM

Morris isn't ready for the Nba but you don't have the intelligence to see that.

K

#84 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,623 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 08, 2012 - 10:15 AM

CDR, Glock, agulair, nelson,DJO got just as much time as morris and each one of them either got points rebound(s) or assists(s). Not that many but still got some. Morris's only stat was a TO. So if you gonna say cut these guys cuz they didnt play well today then morris shuld be at the top of that list. He even had a -12 +/-. He literally did nothing but suck and yet you still get all wet over this guy.And if one guy says somthing bad about him u say shut up ur annoying but its perfectly ok to bad mouth every other player. Get over yourself dude. Your a joke.

You are aware Morris would have had 3 assists if Reeves Nelson could make a layup. There's a difference when Goudelock had Jodie Meeks and CDR to pass to and Morris had Reeves Nelson, a BIG difference. You gonna blame Morris for that? It ain't ALWAYS on a stats sheet.

He put people in position to score and it wouldn't have been a 35-0 run if they could when he set them up at point blank range if they could finish. So I'm not gonna say his statline was 0-0 and I'm gonna bash him. The guy should have had 3 assists, and he penetrated effectively to set up those assists except for the one time he stepped out of bounds.

So I'm not gonna bash the guy, I'd rather bash Reeves Nelson for missing those opportunities. Meeks wouldn't have, neither would CDR. Goudelock had the benefit of being on the court with them to set up his assists. So why are you choosing to hate Morris for not having 3 assists instead of hating the people on the court he set up for easy shots that couldn't finish. He also had passes that set up fouls but Nelson couldn't hit a free throw, come on now.

He may not be "NBA ready" yet but he wasn't a deer in the headlights the other night, he made great passes off some nice penetration moves he wouldn't have made last year and played with more confidence and set up guys effectively, the fact they couldn't make a darn layup shouldn't fall on his shoulders like you're making it.

Edited by Majesty, October 08, 2012 - 10:24 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#85 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,730 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 08, 2012 - 10:21 AM

Morris outplayed Glock, which isn't saying much. Anyone who watched the game could see that.

#86 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,623 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 10:31 AM

Morris outplayed Glock, which isn't saying much. Anyone who watched the game could see that.

yes Goudelock did seem to be rushing things a bit, which kind of surprised me, cause at times he played in the flow other times he seemed to rush things a bit much. But he had CDR and Jodie Meeks to pass to so he got his assists so naturally people think he played better than Morris but they neglect the fact Morris set guys up for point blank shots after penetrating the lane and the shots were missed :nah: But of course that's Morris's fault in the eyes of them. :blink:

#87 AFXTWIN

AFXTWIN

Rookie

• 104 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Tony Jaros

Posted October 08, 2012 - 10:40 AM

Shut the [expletive] up so god damn annoying I guess we should watch a couple minutes of a player and deem him scrub we need to see more of him to come to a conclusion and he had a few good passes out there but he was playing with trash players that couldn't make lay ups or hit open shots

I've watched him a couple of years now, hes a scrub.
Posted Image

#88 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted October 08, 2012 - 11:54 AM

I've watched him a couple of years now, hes a scrub.

You could not have watched him for a couple of years in the NBA you may have watched him for one year. If you are referring to watching him in college he was by no means a Scrub, He did set the single season assist record for University of Michigan "Go BLUE!" and had an amazing stat line (15ppg on 48.9% shooting, 6.7 assists, 4 rebounds and 1 steal) when given ample time on the court and good players around him. Also I just posted this elsewhere but its worth repeating. All of this discussion is moot, Mitch likes the kid which is why he has a GUARANTEED contract with a NO TRADE clause. Morris is here to stay he is their project PG and they believe had he stayed in college he would have been an early first round pick, he just left school way too early. Like him or not Mitch does and his opinion matters more than all of ours.

Edited by viktorkain, October 08, 2012 - 12:06 PM.

#89 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,602 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 08, 2012 - 12:17 PM

Meeks was a -25 and Duhon was a -21 whats your point?

Edited to add JChill was a -13 and Jamison was a -20. Getting into a +/- argument will really hurt your argument in this case.

Also its not about the same amount of time as a player its the quality of players on the court at that time. You could give Symogi and Nelson 12 easy looks at the basket and maybe get one assist.

My point is that if your gonna say people should get cut from this one game then morris is at the top of the list.

And yes CJ he had pretty much the same time as all the guys I listed. If you really think 30 seconds is that much of a difference then go ahead and think your right. The guy says I dont bring an argument yet cant refute what I say.

#90 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 08, 2012 - 12:41 PM

Blake is the backup PG, and nobody else on this team is worth that position (and Blake shouldn't be, but we have to have someone). Get over it.

#91 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 12:46 PM

Blake is the backup PG, and nobody else on this team is worth that position (and Blake shouldn't be, but we have to have someone). Get over it.

No one is saying he should take Blake's spot, unless I missed it. Seeing as we are tossing around ultimatums Morris has a guaranteed contract with a no trade clause so for those of you who do not like him. "Get over it." man you talk to people like they are your kids, so condescending. Not cool behavior at all for a Mod. (excuse me an Admin)

Edited by viktorkain, October 08, 2012 - 12:47 PM.

#92 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 08, 2012 - 12:59 PM

No one is saying he should take Blake's spot, unless I missed it. Seeing as we are tossing around ultimatums Morris has a guaranteed contract with a no trade clause so for those of you who do not like him. "Get over it." man you talk to people like they are your kids, so condescending. Not cool behavior at all for a Mod. (excuse me an Admin)

CJ is overrating Morris, he has not shown he is better than Blake at all.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#93 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 01:08 PM

Ok I missed it and No he should not take Blakes job.

#94 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,623 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 01:11 PM

No he's not. But I tell you one thing, I'd pick him over Duhon after what I saw last night :laughing: When Duhon was in the shotclock ran down to the last second nearly every possession.. at least with Morris plays got moving and he set up some players with penetration and some nice dishes. Sadly they didn't finish them. But with Duhon...that was just hard to watch.

#95 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 08, 2012 - 01:13 PM

^ I'm sorry we couldn't land Barbosa for the veteran's minimum or the rest of our exception. Actually let me correct myself, not sure about couldn't, we might just have never even tried in the first place. I hope that wasn't the case though. That'd be pretty disappointing.

Nash / Blake (wish it were Barbosa lol sorry)
Kobe / Meeks
Artest / CDR / Ebanks
Pau / Jamison / Clark
Dwight / Hill / Sacre

yup, same here. obviously not a pg like people are so quick to mention all the time but he is better than the alternative, especially with the princeton(which he fits very well). duhon is just useless without 3 or 4 starters in with him and a low post threat, he might as well be a shooting guard.
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#96 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 08, 2012 - 01:20 PM

duhon is garbage but blake is better than morris right now. there is a reason blake has gotten more minutes than morris, much like there is a reason the lakers were able to draft morris.

morris may just be better one day but he has shown nothing that indicates his readiness to compete at this level.

im fine with him becoming the backup and hope he can improve, but he has to earn it first.
he isnt going to get minutes just because. the lakers cant afford to do that with an inexperienced player right now unless he shows something

Edited by SweatShop, October 08, 2012 - 01:29 PM.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#97 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 01:35 PM

Don't like it then leave.

We treat certain people like kids because many posters act like kids. It's not hard to understand.

#98 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 01:40 PM

Don't like it then leave.

We treat certain people like kids because many posters act like kids. It's not hard to understand.

Seriously? :nah:
A Moderator or Administrator of any forum should hold themselves to a higher standard than what you are showing. I am not about to argue that, it is what it is.

#99 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,034 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 08, 2012 - 01:41 PM

After the summer league and this preseason game, I have lost what little faith I had left in Morris. He's just not an NBA caliber player yet.

I don't need to say much about Duhon.

So that leaves us with, well, Blake. I'd say we have pretty decent reserves so having a bad backup one shouldn't kill our hopes of a ring by any means.

#100 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 01:56 PM

Seriously? :nah:
A Moderator or Administrator of any forum should hold themselves to a higher standard than what you are showing. I am not about to argue that, it is what it is.

If you guys knew half the stuff we deal with, you would understand.

Our staff is very lenient when it comes to moderating the forums but the rest of the mods will tell you, just like I did above... If you don't enjoy it here, there's the door. Go to ESPN forums where there is very little moderation and a lot more immature posts and users.

It's funny because we see the people that complain about the mods on here, but it's those same people that snitch off other members through PM's and cry for us to do our jobs because people are being mean to them.

Again, no disrespect to you, but if you don't like the way we handle things around here, we aren't forcing you to stay.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users