Who Should Make It, Who Should Get Cut?

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#321 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 07:36 PM

this statement is incredibly false. CDR is a proven NBA scorer. what has goudelock done.

Still keep his spot on the roster that what (for now). That answers your question.

#322 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,199 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 07:42 PM

Still keep his spot on the roster that what (for now). That answers your question.

how is that doing something. sun yue made the roster to, doesn't mean he deserved it. weak argument
Posted Image

#323 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 08:56 PM

how is that doing something. sun yue made the roster to, doesn't mean he deserved it. weak argument

We you are the one who asked a weak question so we're even.

• 40,431 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 10:24 PM

^ Really? :laughing:

CDR is no better or worse than Goudelock, and Goudelock already halfway knows the system, the staff and the team are already familiar with him. Goudelock had the edge the entire time, by now I'd hope you guys would've known that.

I have no idea why this love affair with CDR started with so many of you guys,

this statement is incredibly false. CDR is a proven NBA scorer. what has goudelock done.

Wow fido just wow. :laughing:

You are usually one of the wisest most knowledgeable guys on this site by far, but what you just said right there, I can't believe I'm reading such a statement from you. I won't even go any further, lol.

Edited by    , October 26, 2012 - 10:24 PM.

yo.

#325 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,818 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 26, 2012 - 11:03 PM

CDR is no better or worse than Goudelock, and Goudelock already halfway knows the system, the staff and the team are already familiar with him. Goudelock had the edge the entire time, by now I'd hope you guys would've known that.

Whoa. I'm actually really surprised by this comment considering the source.

#326 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,692 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 26, 2012 - 11:21 PM

just because a player has been with the team longer doesn't mean they're better fit. cdr has already proven to be a solid nba player while g lock is barely coming off his rookie season.

Edited by ツ  , October 26, 2012 - 11:25 PM.

#327 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,805 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 27, 2012 - 12:24 AM

Cut them both and sign Terrence Williams

#328 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted October 27, 2012 - 04:52 AM

What we need is someone who can create for others and themselves off of the bench... nobody on our bench can create for themselves and nobody is really setting each other up all I see are atleast 6 to 7 passes till the shot clock runs out and a rushed 3 then the other team scores in transition... a lot of rookies have a lot of turnovers and watching the clippers game it seems like blake is starting to turn the ball over more... Like I said I'd rather have a young player learning than an older player diminishing

No, we don't, because Howard or Gasol will be out there with our bench players, are they are the two that will create out of the post. We need shooters surrounding them, especially if it's Howard. That's why we have Meeks, Goudelock (at least for now), Jamison and Blake.

You know, coming from a supporter of Morris, this is spot on.

When I first joined the site, I was for Morris taking the backup PG spot from Blake. I thought he'd make strides in the offseason and camp, to the point where he had a good chance of jumping Blake on the depth chart. However, he disappointed in the preseason games. He can perform well in practice, but if he can't translate it into actual games then it pretty much goes for not. He had his chance, but he still showed his decision making is poor more often than not. That was something I was hoping he'd really refine in camp.

I haven't given up hope on him developing into a contributor off the bench, but his lack of improvement isn't exactly an encouraging sign.

Thanks for recognizing it.

#329 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,756 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted October 27, 2012 - 06:23 AM

GO SACRE ! :rock:

CUT GOUDELOCK and DARIUS MORRIS :rock:

33bkfif.jpg

#330 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 27, 2012 - 07:15 AM

No, we don't, because Howard or Gasol will be out there with our bench players, are they are the two that will create out of the post. We need shooters surrounding them, especially if it's Howard. That's why we have Meeks, Goudelock (at least for now), Jamison and Blake.

Thanks for recognizing it.

Idk if you noticed but I have yet to see Dwight or Gasol create out of the post with the second unit.... Heck some of our second unit can't even get the ball up the court

#331 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,589 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted October 27, 2012 - 08:41 AM

I think the reasoning for not signing CDR will make itself evident a little while down the road. If the Lakers think it's best not to bring him in, I'm cool with it. They said they're shopping Blake and Duhon. My guess is they're trying to keep the roster flexible for when trades start going down later in the season. CDR isn't the savior of our bench. He's not LO, he's not James Harden, he's not Jason Terry. He's a 3 year player who was previously traded for a second round pick, played overseas a year, and averaged like 7 points per game in his career. If the greatest basketball franchise in the world thinks they don't need him, I'll trust them on that.

#332 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,519 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 27, 2012 - 08:50 AM

Idk if you noticed but I have yet to see Dwight or Gasol create out of the post with the second unit.... Heck some of our second unit can't even get the ball up the court

Both Gasol and Howard are better at creating shots for others than Morris.

#333 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted October 27, 2012 - 08:57 AM

Right, I forgot...Dwight Howard never did that in Orlando, leading his team to the NBA Finals through the "four out, one in" offense that asked him to create nearly everything for his teammates. And Pau Gasol is not known for being able to do such a thing, either, and is just a horrible passing big man.

I've yet to see the Lakers win a preseason game...so they are going 0-82.

#334 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted October 27, 2012 - 09:15 AM

Right, I forgot...Dwight Howard never did that in Orlando, leading his team to the NBA Finals through the "four out, one in" offense that asked him to create nearly everything for his teammates. And Pau Gasol is not known for being able to do such a thing, either, and is just a horrible passing big man.

I've yet to see the Lakers win a preseason game...so they are going 0-82.

completely new offense and different from what he ran in orlando... we will see how mike brown will use Dwight and Pau with the second unit.... only thing i've seen thus far is players passing the ball around till the shot clock expires and nobody creating for themselves or others... but we will see what happens

#335 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted October 27, 2012 - 09:43 AM

I think the reasoning for not signing CDR will make itself evident a little while down the road. If the Lakers think it's best not to bring him in, I'm cool with it. They said they're shopping Blake and Duhon. My guess is they're trying to keep the roster flexible for when trades start going down later in the season. CDR isn't the savior of our bench. He's not LO, he's not James Harden, he's not Jason Terry. He's a 3 year player who was previously traded for a second round pick, played overseas a year, and averaged like 7 points per game in his career. If the greatest basketball franchise in the world thinks they don't need him, I'll trust them on that.

:laughing:
While most fans would be completely satisfied with getting Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Antawn Jamison, and Jodie Meeks, we are already thinking about trading for more. Damn we're greedy!

But in all seriousness I think you're right. I think they'll keep a close eye on this bench. If it continues to struggle, I could see a trade being made to bring in a better bench PG. With that empty roster spot it could help facilitate the trade by bringing on another guy.

#336 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted October 27, 2012 - 10:25 AM

Welp. Morris and Clark are safe.

https://twitter.com/MedinaLakersNBA/status/262258058556743680

The Lakers announced they waived Andrew Goudelock. They now have a 15-player roster, the NBA maximum

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#337 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted October 27, 2012 - 10:25 AM

Goudelock was just cut

#338 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,129 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 27, 2012 - 10:31 AM

Wow I thought it was gonna be DJO. Well DJO you made it and I have no idea how. I guess spending 500k on him to just get him was the biggest incentive. Now he just has to hope we go a 15 man roster and not 14.

Also Glock had no real chance. Way to small and if you have that type of disadvantage you have to make up for it with some of the best shooting in the nba. He was only a decent shooter. Even if he made it wouldnt have made much of a difference, probably would have just lived in the d league.

#339 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted October 27, 2012 - 10:33 AM

THANK GOD Goudelock was trash I doubt he gets picked up anywhere

#340 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted October 27, 2012 - 10:36 AM

The only reason Morris made the cut was because of his contract. Not because hes worth anything

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)