Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 26, 2012 - 11:17 AM

Its a joke from a show......I guess you didn't understand

Instead of the reply above you should have said

"Hey! Im not your buddy, Pal.

Oh and I do have insightful things to say I showed you that Blake was better than Morris at the backup pg but you ignored the post.

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/59497-should-the-lakers-go-after-jonny-flynn-pistons-waived-him/page__st__20

at this point anybody who defends Blake or thinks that he deserves any kind of playing time after these past two season are delusional I'd rather see a young player out there playing and getting better than seeing an old player to continue to play horrible.... I can understand that you don't like Morris for whatever reason that may be but I know I'm done seeing Steve Blake getting playing time underproducing

#302 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,406 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 26, 2012 - 11:35 AM

at this point anybody who defends Blake or thinks that he deserves any kind of playing time after these past two season are delusional I'd rather see a young player out there playing and getting better than seeing an old player to continue to play horrible.... I can understand that you don't like Morris for whatever reason that may be but I know I'm done seeing Steve Blake getting playing time underproducing

I have no problem with Morris....I just don't like how you overrate him.

#303 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 11:41 AM

I have no problem with Morris....I just don't like how you overrate him.

I didn't know overrating a player meant to have him be the back up pg.... and blake only averaged 5 points in 23 minutes a game... but you think he should be a back up pg?

#304 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,406 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 12:36 PM

I didn't know overrating a player meant to have him be the back up pg.... and blake only averaged 5 points in 23 minutes a game... but you think he should be a back up pg?

yeap.......because Morris with the time he has played proved nothing.

#305 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 12:46 PM

yeap.......because Morris with the time he has played proved nothing.

2.5 in 8 minutes is better than 5 points in 23 minutes getting consistent playing time and able to form some kind of chemistry with his team mates...

the only reason blake sees minutes over morris is because he's a 3 point shooter (that's barely good at that)

#306 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,406 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 12:48 PM

2.5 in 8 minutes is better than 5 points in 23 minutes getting consistent playing time and able to form some kind of chemistry with his team mates...

the only reason blake sees minutes over morris is because he's a 3 point shooter (that's barely good at that)

And because he doesn't have a 0.1 assist/turnover ratio like morris.

#307 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 26, 2012 - 12:54 PM

Very little production is better than turning the ball over and playing recklessly. Blake may not give you much in the limited minutes as a backup PG, but he does demand that a player at least WATCHES him when he's behind the arc...and he is not a slasher that turns the ball over or makes bad decisions while on the court.

One turnover ignites a fast break, and an automatic two. Blake spotting up, and not getting the ball, doesn't do much of anything. If he makes the spot-up three, we have three. If he misses, we have two seven-footers that will go after the board, so we won't necessarily have to chase down a break.

Blake's experience, and his ability to play within an organized offense in a professional basketball league (which is key, because this isn't college)...that's what's keeping him as a backup point guard.

In summer leagues and camp, Morris is proving to be a completely different player...the exact opposite of Blake, when it comes to playing style, and that's not what we need OR can fit into the rotation as of right now. It could be one reason why Barbosa isn't here, despite the reports...because the truth is, if LA wanted him, they would have had him...but they took Meeks instead, for the same reason (regarding the style) that they are playing Blake over Morris.

#308 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 01:05 PM

Very little production is better than turning the ball over and playing recklessly. Blake may not give you much in the limited minutes as a backup PG, but he does demand that a player at least WATCHES him when he's behind the arc...and he is not a slasher that turns the ball over or makes bad decisions while on the court.

One turnover ignites a fast break, and an automatic two. Blake spotting up, and not getting the ball, doesn't do much of anything. If he makes the spot-up three, we have three. If he misses, we have two seven-footers that will go after the board, so we won't necessarily have to chase down a break.

Blake's experience, and his ability to play within an organized offense in a professional basketball league (which is key, because this isn't college)...that's what's keeping him as a backup point guard.

In summer leagues and camp, Morris is proving to be a completely different player...the exact opposite of Blake, when it comes to playing style, and that's not what we need OR can fit into the rotation as of right now. It could be one reason why Barbosa isn't here, despite the reports...because the truth is, if LA wanted him, they would have had him...but they took Meeks instead, for the same reason (regarding the style) that they are playing Blake over Morris.

What we need is someone who can create for others and themselves off of the bench... nobody on our bench can create for themselves and nobody is really setting each other up all I see are atleast 6 to 7 passes till the shot clock runs out and a rushed 3 then the other team scores in transition... a lot of rookies have a lot of turnovers and watching the clippers game it seems like blake is starting to turn the ball over more... Like I said I'd rather have a young player learning than an older player diminishing

#309 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,406 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 01:09 PM

What we need is someone who can create for others and themselves off of the bench... nobody on our bench can create for themselves and nobody is really setting each other up all I see are atleast 6 to 7 passes till the shot clock runs out and a rushed 3 then the other team scores in transition... a lot of rookies have a lot of turnovers and watching the clippers game it seems like blake is starting to turn the ball over more... Like I said I'd rather have a young player learning than an older player diminishing

And Morris can't do this

4.1 assists with 4 turnovers a game

Thats not creating anything.

#310 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 01:13 PM

And Morris can't do this

4.1 assists with 4 turnovers a game

Thats not creating anything.

A lot of rookies have a lot of turnovers and watching the clippers game it seems like blake is starting to turn the ball over more

I just said this... and hopefully he can improve on not turning the ball over.. it seriously can't be that hard to not turn over the ball when you get consistent minutes and have some kind of chemistry with your team mates... I truly can't stand Blake playing at all

#311 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,406 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 01:23 PM

A lot of rookies have a lot of turnovers and watching the clippers game it seems like blake is starting to turn the ball over more

I just said this... and hopefully he can improve on not turning the ball over.. it seriously can't be that hard to not turn over the ball when you get consistent minutes and have some kind of chemistry with your team mates... I truly can't stand Blake playing at all

Morris isn't a rookie....

#312 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 01:35 PM

Morris isn't a rookie....

I said rookies have a lot of turnovers because I was thinking you were saying things from his rookie year.... Hopefully he will play better this year the guy is only 21 he has a lot of time to improve

#313 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,018 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted October 26, 2012 - 03:59 PM

Mark Medina ‏@MedinaLakersNBA
Lakers haven't made any more roster cuts yet. Mitch Kupchak told me earlier this week cuts will be done by Saturday at latest.

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#314 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 05:05 PM

Ive met the writer of this site. Hes legit. That sucks for DJO. Wish him the best

http://www.sportando.net/eng/europe/ukraine/45357/darius-johnson-odom-heading-to-azovmash-mariupol.html

The future of Darius Johnson-Odom will likely be in Ukraine with Azovmash Mariupol. The rookie will be released by the Lakers with whom he is at the camp.
Johnson-Odom might replace Nemanja Gordic in the Ukrainian club.
The rookie spent his college career with Marquette averaging 18.3ppg in his last season in NCAA.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#315 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 26, 2012 - 05:08 PM

Every cut has been spot on so far.

What I'm very happy with is mining Sacre out of the last pick in the draft. The guy looks like he can give a couple minutes at the backup 5 here and there. For me, that's worth the entire camp.

#316 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,406 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 05:49 PM

Every cut has been spot on so far.

What I'm very happy with is mining Sacre out of the last pick in the draft. The guy looks like he can give a couple minutes at the backup 5 here and there. For me, that's worth the entire camp.

you didn't like CDR?

#317 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,200 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 26, 2012 - 05:53 PM

You know, coming from a supporter of Morris, this is spot on.

When I first joined the site, I was for Morris taking the backup PG spot from Blake. I thought he'd make strides in the offseason and camp, to the point where he had a good chance of jumping Blake on the depth chart. However, he disappointed in the preseason games. He can perform well in practice, but if he can't translate it into actual games then it pretty much goes for not. He had his chance, but he still showed his decision making is poor more often than not. That was something I was hoping he'd really refine in camp.

I haven't given up hope on him developing into a contributor off the bench, but his lack of improvement isn't exactly an encouraging sign.

#318 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,018 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted October 26, 2012 - 06:55 PM

You know, coming from a supporter of Morris, this is spot on.

When I first joined the site, I was for Morris taking the backup PG spot from Blake. I thought he'd make strides in the offseason and camp, to the point where he had a good chance of jumping Blake on the depth chart. However, he disappointed in the preseason games. He can perform well in practice, but if he can't translate it into actual games then it pretty much goes for not. He had his chance, but he still showed his decision making is poor more often than not. That was something I was hoping he'd really refine in camp.

I haven't given up hope on him developing into a contributor off the bench, but his lack of improvement isn't exactly an encouraging sign.

Glad you came out of the darkness, Unlike Morris' supporters (mainly CJ) he's still blind to see or doesn't want to admit it

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#319 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 26, 2012 - 07:28 PM

CDR is no better or worse than Goudelock, and Goudelock already halfway knows the system, the staff and the team are already familiar with him. Goudelock had the edge the entire time, by now I'd hope you guys would've known that.

I have no idea why this love affair with CDR started with so many of you guys,

#320 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted October 26, 2012 - 07:33 PM

CDR is no better or worse than Goudelock, and Goudelock already halfway knows the system, the staff and the team are already familiar with him. Goudelock had the edge the entire time, by now I'd hope you guys would've known that.

I have no idea why this love affair with CDR started with so many of you guys,

this statement is incredibly false. CDR is a proven NBA scorer. what has goudelock done.
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users