• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#261 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 20, 2012 - 05:00 PM

Huge risk for just some preseason games and actally I think the best kind of back up pg right now for this offense would just be one to pass the ball around. If glock plays point he will shoot a lot and thats meeks job not his. Meeks may have shot badly in the preseason but I think by the regular season he will start making a lot more. Have a 3 point shooter as a pg will cause problems in the offense.

well we had Blake play next to a catch and shoot guy like Meeks last year (Kapono) and that went horribly wrong, Id rather try something new. And Glock is a willing passer.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#262 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 20, 2012 - 05:09 PM

well we had Blake play next to a catch and shoot guy like Meeks last year (Kapono) and that went horribly wrong, Id rather try something new. And Glock is a willing passer.

C'mon now Meeks is MUCH better than Kapano. He actually plays defense unlike Kapano did and is also pretty good at creating for himself. Glock is not a true point guard. We'd basically have two Meeks in the backcourt so I don't think that'd be a very good idea. Who is supposed to playmake? Neither of them. Maybe we run Nash with the second unit a little bit.
htCCl0m.png

#263 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 20, 2012 - 05:13 PM

Too early to call Meeks (Kapono 2.0)
Posted Image

#264 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 20, 2012 - 05:15 PM

Also don't know how people can still defend Blake after his 2 years (going on 3) of atrocious play. The guy has had a hand full of great games. Blake should have been gone last year.
Posted Image

#265 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,623 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 20, 2012 - 05:21 PM

Kapono was awful. He shouldn't have even been in the nba that year or any more. So thats not blakes fault. Meeks is a better shooter. I believe he shot 37% from the 3 last year which I think he can do again. Having howard with him will also help a lot. But somthing I would like to point out with blake is does anyone really notice him being super involved. Not really. He mostly just will go to the top and pass it off to start off or maybe drive and kick but other than that his responsibility is pretty much that. Thats why having glock there isnt going towork. Also the offense is much different this year. All you gonna see of blake is pass the ball and stand aside and then possibly get the ball back to restart the offense but he wont have much control like what nash is doing and the point in this offense isnt here to shoot 3's.

Glock may be better than morris and he may deserve the spot on the team more but morris's contract is saving him. For glock to beat him out he would have to show somthing that would make the lakers need him rather than just being better than morris. They wont spend a 1-2 mill to make the 15th man spot a little better.

#266 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 20, 2012 - 06:06 PM

Morris' no-trade clause wasn't handed to him because he was good, it was given on a technicality (what you saw with Ebanks' clause as well). The guaranteed contract, though, was written for him, for one extra year, because of his potential.

Goudelock fits the offense better, as a spot-up shooter at the one. Morris is the facilitating PG that can't do anything right at the moment, but LA is hoping he'll change under Nash and Blake (yes, even Blake).

I would ditch both players for CDR, if I could. Douglas-Roberts played 26 minutes a night, with decent backup two-guard numbers, while Morris and Goudelock can only dream about playing that many minutes in a season.

#267 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,248 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 20, 2012 - 06:10 PM

I kinda get the feeling that CDR is not making the team...

#268 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 06:42 PM

Too early to call Meeks (Kapono 2.0)

Never said both were the same players. Their games are the same. They can only do 1 thing, catch and shoot. Difference is Meeks will make his shots but Kapono wont these days. Both guys have a similar approach to the game on the offensive end. Blake had his shot with a guy like that and it was disastrous, Meeks isn't gonna try to do anything Kapono didnt. Hes there to catch and shoot thats it. When the second unit is in (Pau and Jamison), a pick and roll with Glock and either of those guys will get the defense rotating...if Blake is trying to do the pick and roll nobody is gonna try to defend Blake coming off the screen, he sucks

I kinda get the feeling that CDR is not making the team...

Me too, Brown likes to play the guys he likes a lot so far Sacre and Blake have been getting heavy minutes but CDR's minutes have gone way down

Edited by MDI, October 20, 2012 - 06:43 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#269 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,667 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 20, 2012 - 07:48 PM

I've been asking this question numerous times through the forums but never got it answered.

Who determines the final roster? GM or Coach?

#270 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 20, 2012 - 07:51 PM

I've been asking this question numerous times through the forums but never got it answered.

Both, MB said they both sit down and discuss.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#271 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,623 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 20, 2012 - 08:04 PM

I think gm has final say but the coach is kinda like the advisor. For instance there may be a slightly better player but we would have to pay a player twice as much as the player not as good. The coach of course wants the better player but the gm knows its not worth it to keep him if he costs that much. The gm has total power(behind the owner of course) when it comes to that stuff. I' not sure though how much mitch listens to MB though lol.

#272 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 10:11 PM

I remember last year when Blake when down with an injury, Brown first gave Morris the nod. He did not produce, was completely ineffective, and couldn't even run the offense. Then Brown with Goude and at least we saw some production. Yes, Morris may be a better dribbler and has more size, but Goudelock is more productive.

The only reason that happened was because Morris came out of college too soon and was not NBA ready yet when he started receiving minutes Goudelock then was 22 and now 23 he had plenty of college experience to contribute right away Morris is a project that we can hopefully make work for us. The statements that are made sometime are just out of hand

#273 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 10:12 PM

Also don't know how people can still defend Blake after his 2 years (going on 3) of atrocious play. The guy has had a hand full of great games. Blake should have been gone last year.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU NO ONE WANTS BLAKE ESPECIALLY WHEN A KILLER LUXURY TAX IS ON THE WAY GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL!!!!!!!

#274 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,685 posts
  • Name:Andy

Posted October 20, 2012 - 11:07 PM

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU NO ONE WANTS BLAKE ESPECIALLY WHEN A KILLER LUXURY TAX IS ON THE WAY GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL!!!!!!!

He wasn't wrong, Blake was almost traded for Beasley in a 3 way trade but one of the teams backed out so we had to go with Fisher for Hill.

#275 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,121 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 08:43 AM

The only reason that happened was because Morris came out of college too soon and was not NBA ready yet when he started receiving minutes Goudelock then was 22 and now 23 he had plenty of college experience to contribute right away Morris is a project that we can hopefully make work for us. The statements that are made sometime are just out of hand

Morris can not translate his game to the NBA level. He constantly over dribbles, can't create for others, extremely inconsistent with his jumper, and he is scared to be aggressive and take it to the paint.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#276 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 11:37 AM

He wasn't wrong, Blake was almost traded for Beasley in a 3 way trade but one of the teams backed out so we had to go with Fisher for Hill.

And now we can't move him now, and that was our only chance to move him because we won't get another shot at it.

#277 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 12:38 PM

Morris can not translate his game to the NBA level. He constantly over dribbles, can't create for others, extremely inconsistent with his jumper, and he is scared to be aggressive and take it to the paint.

Okay

#278 ssuag

ssuag

Rookie

• 199 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 05:27 PM

Why do people keep saying that Goudelock should not be a backup pg since he is not a true point guard? The lakers are running an offense that can be made to work without a true pointguard. We just need a bench that will not get outscored every game, as it did last year. Goudelock is way better at scoring than the joke of a player we have in steve blake. In fact, goudelock scored more than half as many points as blake in the season, while only getting about a third of playing time. We just need the bench to keep up with the other benches offensively.

#279 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted October 21, 2012 - 05:36 PM

Seriously wouldn't be surprised if G-lock gets cut and morris stays. Morris already has the contract where Glocks is ungarunteed. Being that who eve does make it will just be in the d-league the tiping point will probably be which one costs less to keep and Morris would be cheaper because you wont have to buy him out and give Glock a contrac where the other possibility we dont pay glock anything and we just pay morris.

Blake is our back up pg and thats the sad truth. He may suck but he is the best player to fill that spot. Glock is not a pg. The only thing those stats showed before is that they all suck and not that Glock can play point. Getting 1 assist doesn't make you a pg. He jacks up the ball a lot and isnt good a handling the ball at all.

Morris may get on this team but he will be gone by next season most likely unless we literally have no one else to fill that last d league spot. He has no future at all. He erratic with the ball. He gets stuck on the baseline and in corners more than any player I have ever seen and in the result get a lot of turnovers. His time will be over soon as a laker.

The Training staff and GM are very high on Morris and say "We see the potential there." Morris led the 2nd unit along with Ebanks to stomping of the starters and even though it does not mean anything he has played very well over the summer at the facility. Mike Brown said "We are just waiting on the day when he plays up to the level he does at practices, right now its not translating to the NBA game just yet." He will probably go to the D league but they are trying to groom him and have him learn from Nash. It may have been college but he did set a U of M record for most assists in a single season the kid does have good ball handling and court vision. I personally think he is just a bit (a lot) nervous when he gets on the court he really needs to calm it down about 20 notches and he will be fine.

#280 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 03:13 PM

DJO just posted the "Peace" sign on Twitter...emoticon from his phone. Does that mean anything or am I reaching here :laughing:

https://twitter.com/...604842735280128

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users