#241 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,105 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 20, 2012 - 01:48 PM

I think Goudelock will be waived but I'd love to see him remain a Laker. We need spot-up shooters on this roster, and he is a great one. We only have three true shooters on this roster: Nash, Meeks and Jamison. We saw him last season, he is a reliable scorer if he gets some PT, so hopefully he stays with this team. He is more useful than Duhon, Clark, Morris and the rest of the young scrubs.

Goudelock can NOT play the 1 and he isn't taking the 2 spot from Meeks or CDR so.... odd man out.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#242 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,292 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted October 20, 2012 - 01:49 PM

I would prefer to keep morris AND goudi.. I like young core.. but since one of them has to go..hmmm hard decision...

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#243 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,292 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted October 20, 2012 - 01:50 PM

What speaks FOR Chris Douglas Roberts by the way guys? I havent take much look on his pre-season skills. Had he had good games as a laker? :huh:

Edited by manaro90, October 20, 2012 - 01:50 PM.

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#244 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,105 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 20, 2012 - 01:53 PM

What speaks FOR Chris Douglas Roberts by the way guys? I havent take much look on his pre-season skills. Had he had good games as a laker? :huh:

yeah he's had a couple off the bench. Hit some threes played some defense and hustled.

Let's say he's looked better than Goudelock.

And the REASON that Morris has such an advantage over Goudelock is because

A) He can play the point guard position better
B) He has size

Goudelock may be a better spot up shooter but thats ALL he can do, if you ask him to put the ball down he can't, if you ask him to involve others, he can't, if you ask him to run the offense he can't. He's only a spot up shooter and Meeks and CDR have more depth than him. So I expect Goudelock to be next. Goudelock and Somagyi will be the next 2 to go. But Goudelock will get on the D-Fenders.

Edited by Majesty, October 20, 2012 - 01:53 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#245 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,013 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 20, 2012 - 02:11 PM

CDR has showed hes really good at finishing at the rim, and he can penetrate to get there... along with effort on D

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#246 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 20, 2012 - 02:13 PM

yeah he's had a couple off the bench. Hit some threes played some defense and hustled.

Let's say he's looked better than Goudelock.

And the REASON that Morris has such an advantage over Goudelock is because

A) He can play the point guard position better
B) He has size

Goudelock may be a better spot up shooter but thats ALL he can do, if you ask him to put the ball down he can't, if you ask him to involve others, he can't, if you ask him to run the offense he can't. He's only a spot up shooter and Meeks and CDR have more depth than him. So I expect Goudelock to be next. Goudelock and Somagyi will be the next 2 to go. But Goudelock will get on the D-Fenders.

Idk how many time I've said this

#247 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 20, 2012 - 02:13 PM

CDR has showed hes really good at finishing at the rim, and he can penetrate to get there... along with effort on D

That's why I want him to stay, we don't really have guys that can finish.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#248 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,923 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 02:24 PM

Darius Morris can play the PG position better?

Heres Morris preseason numbers

http://www.nba.com/p.../darius_morris/

-4 games, 9 minutes/gm, 1.8 points, 22% FG, 0% 3s, 1 assist/gm, .8 turnovers a game
- In 3 out of the 4 games he had 0 assists despite playing over 5 minutes in each game

Steve Blake preseason numbers
http://www.nba.com/p...le/steve_blake/
- 4 games, 14 mins/gm 1.8 points, 23% FG, 0 % 3s, 2.3 assists, 1. 2 turnovers a game
- Hes played the most minutes of any of the backup PG hopefuls, he had one game of 4 assist (That 3rd Q when Kobe went off on Tuesday) otherwise 2 assists or less in every game

Andrew Goudelock preseason numbers
http://www.nba.com/p...game_stats.html

- 5 games 8 mins/gm, 2.8 points, 31% FG, 25% 3s 1 assist, 1 turnover a game

So how is Morris and Blake better PGs than Goudelock when neither guys pick up more assists, dont score more, dont shoot better.

Yesterday who was the first PG of the bench in the 1st half? Goudelock. How did he do in 7 minutes? 4 points, 1 assist. Blake and Morris never touched that in any games so far in that few minutes

Edited by MDI, October 20, 2012 - 02:25 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#249 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,013 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 20, 2012 - 02:26 PM

That's why I want him to stay, we don't really have guys that can finish.

true, the 2nd unit lacks guys who can create and finish, thats CDRs game.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#250 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 02:31 PM

Darius Morris can play the PG position better?

Heres Morris preseason numbers

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/darius_morris/

-4 games, 9 minutes/gm, 1.8 points, 22% FG, 0% 3s, 1 assist/gm, .8 turnovers a game
- In 3 out of the 4 games he had 0 assists despite playing over 5 minutes in each game

Steve Blake preseason numbers
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/steve_blake/
- 4 games, 14 mins/gm 1.8 points, 23% FG, 0 % 3s, 2.3 assists, 1. 2 turnovers a game
- Hes played the most minutes of any of the backup PG hopefuls, he had one game of 4 assist (That 3rd Q when Kobe went off on Tuesday) otherwise 2 assists or less in every game

Andrew Goudelock preseason numbers
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/andrew_goudelock/game_by_game_stats.html

- 5 games 8 mins/gm, 2.8 points, 31% FG, 25% 3s 1 assist, 1 turnover a game

So how is Morris and Blake better PGs than Goudelock when neither guys pick up more assists, dont score more, dont shoot better.

Yesterday who was the first PG of the bench in the 1st half? Goudelock. How did he do in 7 minutes? 4 points, 1 assist. Blake and Morris never touched that in any games so far in that few minutes

These stats don't prove anything AT ALL

#251 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,923 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 02:48 PM

They prove Morris and Blake absolutely stink and arent better than Goudelock at anything right now

Edited by MDI, October 20, 2012 - 02:49 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#252 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 02:50 PM

They prove Morris and Blake absolutely stink and arent better than Goudelock at anything right now

5 minutes of gameplay doesn't prove ANYTHING idk why you don't want to accept that let's see what nash pau or kobe stats are when he plays for 5 mins.. it won't tell you [expletive] idk why you can't understand that

#253 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,784 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 20, 2012 - 02:54 PM

Even don't need stats to see that,Morris still has his problems with overdribbling and making wrong decisions. And Goudelock is lost at the PG spot,he is just a spot-up shooter.I hope CDR takes his place. And even there are people here who don't like that,the fact is that Steve Clank is our 2nd best PG.

Edited by Dr. Jekyll, October 20, 2012 - 02:55 PM.

Impossible is nothing.

#254 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 20, 2012 - 02:59 PM

They all suck. It's like picking between which pile of crap smells better. All crap smells equally as bad.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, October 20, 2012 - 03:00 PM.

htCCl0m.png

#255 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,923 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 04:22 PM

5 minutes of gameplay doesn't prove ANYTHING idk why you don't want to accept that let's see what nash pau or kobe stats are when he plays for 5 mins.. it won't tell you [expletive] idk why you can't understand that

No why dont you accept the fact that Morris sucks? 19 minutes or 5 minutes he hasn't done 1 thing consistently

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#256 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,923 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 04:23 PM

They all suck. It's like picking between which pile of crap smells better. All crap smells equally as bad.

Uhh not true. Goudelock hasn't played a single minute next to the starters in the preseason. Considering last year Goudelock was the most effective among Blake and Morris, I'll take him.

Edited by MDI, October 20, 2012 - 04:24 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#257 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,530 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 20, 2012 - 04:44 PM

Uhh not true. Goudelock hasn't played a single minute next to the starters in the preseason. Considering last year Goudelock was the most effective among Blake and Morris, I'll take him.

Seriously wouldn't be surprised if G-lock gets cut and morris stays. Morris already has the contract where Glocks is ungarunteed. Being that who eve does make it will just be in the d-league the tiping point will probably be which one costs less to keep and Morris would be cheaper because you wont have to buy him out and give Glock a contrac where the other possibility we dont pay glock anything and we just pay morris.

Blake is our back up pg and thats the sad truth. He may suck but he is the best player to fill that spot. Glock is not a pg. The only thing those stats showed before is that they all suck and not that Glock can play point. Getting 1 assist doesn't make you a pg. He jacks up the ball a lot and isnt good a handling the ball at all.

Morris may get on this team but he will be gone by next season most likely unless we literally have no one else to fill that last d league spot. He has no future at all. He erratic with the ball. He gets stuck on the baseline and in corners more than any player I have ever seen and in the result get a lot of turnovers. His time will be over soon as a laker.

#258 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,044 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 04:48 PM

I remember last year when Blake when down with an injury, Brown first gave Morris the nod. He did not produce, was completely ineffective, and couldn't even run the offense. Then Brown with Goude and at least we saw some production. Yes, Morris may be a better dribbler and has more size, but Goudelock is more productive.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#259 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,923 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 04:51 PM

Seriously wouldn't be surprised if G-lock gets cut and morris stays. Morris already has the contract where Glocks is ungarunteed. Being that who eve does make it will just be in the d-league the tiping point will probably be which one costs less to keep and Morris would be cheaper because you wont have to buy him out and give Glock a contrac where the other possibility we dont pay glock anything and we just pay morris.

Blake is our back up pg and thats the sad truth. He may suck but he is the best player to fill that spot. Glock is not a pg. The only thing those stats showed before is that they all suck and not that Glock can play point. Getting 1 assist doesn't make you a pg. He jacks up the ball a lot and isnt good a handling the ball at all.

Morris may get on this team but he will be gone by next season most likely unless we literally have no one else to fill that last d league spot. He has no future at all. He erratic with the ball. He gets stuck on the baseline and in corners more than any player I have ever seen and in the result get a lot of turnovers. His time will be over soon as a laker.

the Lakers could use 3 point shooting. We got so many players working on the inside like Jamison, Pau, Kobe and Dwight, we need perimeter players to hit a 3 and allow these guys space. Blake hasn't shot the 3 well in almost 2 years and Morris cant shoot.. Glock is one of the better 3 point shooters on the team. WE won a championship with Farmar as our backup PG playing 18mins a game and giving 1.5 assists a game. What Jordan did was shoot the 3 ball well, if Glock can do something in that capacity we'll be fine. Blake isn't outproducing Glock in anything so far in the preseason, not in 3s, not in assists, nothing.

Edited by MDI, October 20, 2012 - 04:52 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#260 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,530 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 20, 2012 - 04:56 PM

the Lakers could use 3 point shooting. We got so many players working on the inside like Jamison, Pau, Kobe and Dwight, we need perimeter players to hit a 3 and allow these guys space. Blake hasn't shot the 3 well in almost 2 years and Morris cant shoot.. Glock is one of the better 3 point shooters on the team. WE won a championship with Farmar as our backup PG playing 18mins a game and giving 1.5 assists a game. What Jordan did was shoot the 3 ball well, if Glock can do something in that capacity we'll be fine. Blake isn't outproducing Glock in anything so far in the preseason, not in 3s, not in assists, nothing.

Huge risk for just some preseason games and actally I think the best kind of back up pg right now for this offense would just be one to pass the ball around. If glock plays point he will shoot a lot and thats meeks job not his. Meeks may have shot badly in the preseason but I think by the regular season he will start making a lot more. Have a 3 point shooter as a pg will cause problems in the offense.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users