• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#221 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 20, 2012 - 10:19 AM

And he'll get to, because Howard and Gasol will see time on the court together...but we're not going to fill 48 minutes with P&R, either. Nash and Howard will work out of it, Kobe and Gasol will get their shot. D12 and Pau will play a lot of time together, anyway, because Howard is a 38-minute guy (unlike Drew).

Stop talking about Drew! He's a legend!

#222 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 20, 2012 - 10:21 AM

Drew is the GOAT. No one messes with Frederick Douglass.

#223 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 20, 2012 - 12:34 PM

The Lakers waived C Ronnie Aguilar and F Reeves Nelson.

from Mike Trudell on twitter

#224 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 20, 2012 - 12:35 PM

I think Goudelock will be waived but I'd love to see him remain a Laker. We need spot-up shooters on this roster, and he is a great one. We only have three true shooters on this roster: Nash, Meeks and Jamison. We saw him last season, he is a reliable scorer if he gets some PT, so hopefully he stays with this team. He is more useful than Duhon, Clark, Morris and the rest of the young scrubs.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#225 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,349 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted October 20, 2012 - 12:37 PM

Any chance we can get rid of Clark and/or Duhon so we can sign both Goudelock and CDR ?

#226 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,202 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 20, 2012 - 12:39 PM

Any chance we can get rid of Clark and/or Duhon so we can sign both Goudelock and CDR ?

Mitch would have to godfather offer someone...

No one wants those 2 players...
And, no one wants to help the lakers...

i do not understand why they would not be buyout canidates though....
(although, Clark could be useful on defense against Lebron and Durrant... And Duhon is a PG, and we need a backup PG)

#227 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 20, 2012 - 12:41 PM

Duhon knows he has no room on this team. Nash is the starting point guard and Blake will be his backup as he is one of Mike Brown's favorites, so it makes no sense if he stays. The same for Clark, he will be behind World Peace, Jamison and Ebanks in the SF rotation, so Mitch should ship them out.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#228 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,349 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 12:43 PM

Mitch would have to godfather offer someone...

No one wants those 2 players...
And, no one wants to help the lakers...

i do not understand why they would not be buyout canidates though....
(although, Clark could be useful on defense against Lebron and Durrant... And Duhon is a PG, and we need a backup PG)

I don't see why we need 4 PG's and 4 SF's .. Duhon and Clark are those 4th guys that will hardly see any playing time.. on the other hand we may need a third string SG like Goudelock. And I think CDR will be a much better fit for this team than Clark. Goudelock and CDR can be in the rotation and even fight for backup spots.

Edited by Saber, October 20, 2012 - 12:44 PM.

#229 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 12:48 PM

I don't see why we need 4 PG's and 4 SF's .. Duhon and Clark are those 4th guys that will hardly see any playing time.. on the other hand we may need a third string SG like Goudelock. And I think CDR will be a much better fit for this team than Clark. Goudelock and CDR can be in the rotation and even fight for backup spots.

Goudelock is trash and will most likely be Waived....

#230 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 12:49 PM

Clark might be cut. He has a guaranteed salary but Lakers will probably pay him to leave the team

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#231 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,349 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 12:51 PM

No he isn't trash .. I'll take a good spot up shooter and scorer that can give you points as the 13-14th guy on the bench over some newcome people than haven't proven a thing ( and I doubt they will ) ..

#232 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 12:55 PM

No he isn't trash .. I'll take a good spot up shooter and scorer that can give you points as the 13-14th guy on the bench over some newcome people than haven't proven a thing ( and I doubt they will ) ..

Goudelock hasn't had one good summer league or preseason game but you think he can be a contributor off the bench as the back up PG? when he has no PG skills and if we play him as the back up 2 he will get dominated.... I see him being out the league soon he is not NBA level talent at all and won't be... he doesn't need to be on the roster any longer....

final roster should be
Nash/Morris/Blake/Duhon
Bryant/Meeks/CDR
MWP/Ebanks/CDR
Pau/Hill/Jamison
Dwight/Hill/Sacre

#233 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 12:55 PM

If Goudelock is trash what does that make Morris?

Morris preseason numbers.. 22% FG 0% 3s Lol

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#234 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 20, 2012 - 01:03 PM

Since Lakers waived Ronnie Aguilar and Reeves Nelson. Since Lakers waived Ronnie Aguilar and Reeves Nelson. I see one of the sophomores being gone.

Edited by Hollywood, October 20, 2012 - 01:03 PM.

Posted Image

#235 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,349 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 01:04 PM

Goudelock hasn't had one good summer league or preseason game but you think he can be a contributor off the bench as the back up PG? when he has no PG skills and if we play him as the back up 2 he will get dominated.... I see him being out the league soon he is not NBA level talent at all and won't be... he doesn't need to be on the roster any longer....

final roster should be
Nash/Morris/Blake/Duhon
Bryant/Meeks/CDR
MWP/Ebanks/CDR
Pau/Hill/Jamison
Dwight/Hill/Sacre

Darrius Morris hasn't had a good NBA game, ever ... lol .. Honestly he should've been the guy battling for the last spot, not Goudelock .. And how the hell is Morris ahead of Blake in the rotation ? I hope you're right, cause I can't stand Blake and I hope Morris really turns out to be a good player, cause it will be a shame to keep him and he continues to suck like he usually does ..

Edited by Saber, October 20, 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#236 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 01:12 PM

If Goudelock is trash what does that make Morris?

Morris preseason numbers.. 22% FG 0% 3s Lol

Why are you posting field goal percentages of a player who only played limited minutes in four games? and produced a SIMILAR stat line to Steve Nash the only game he received minutes in

#237 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 01:16 PM

Darrius Morris hasn't had a good NBA game, ever ... lol .. Honestly he should've been the guy battling for the last spot, not Goudelock .. And how the hell is Morris ahead of Blake in the rotation ? I hope you're right, cause I can't stand Blake and I hope Morris really turns out to be a good player, cause it will be a shame to keep him and he continues to suck like he usually does ..

The biggest Difference between Goudelock and Morris is that Morris plays better defense than Goudelock and can actually play PG his only problem is his decision making which is pretty bad but hopefully with more playing time his decision making will become better

#238 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 01:20 PM

Why are you posting field goal percentages of a player who only played limited minutes in four games? and produced a SIMILAR stat line to Steve Nash the only game he received minutes in

Lol excuses. Isn't he the one competing for the roster spots. If he doesn't show it in the preseason why does he deserve a spot on the team for the regular season?

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#239 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 01:32 PM

Lol excuses. Isn't he the one competing for the roster spots. If he doesn't show it in the preseason why does he deserve a spot on the team for the regular season?

What kind of valid argument could you construct with a player having 5 minutes a game? how many points do you expect him to average 10? lol and maybe 5 assists in 5 minutes? lol that whole argument is absurd Idk how you think that could determine if a player is good or not... the more playing time he gets the better he will become the only thing he lacks right now is decision making when the ball is in his hands he needs to get some more experience and I could see him improving well enough to be a rotational reserve player...

and Morris has a garaunteed roster spot with a no trade clause so he isn't fighting for a roster spot he's fighting for minutes behind Blake now

#240 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 01:44 PM

What kind of valid argument could you construct with a player having 5 minutes a game? how many points do you expect him to average 10? lol and maybe 5 assists in 5 minutes? lol that whole argument is absurd Idk how you think that could determine if a player is good or not... the more playing time he gets the better he will become the only thing he lacks right now is decision making when the ball is in his hands he needs to get some more experience and I could see him improving well enough to be a rotational reserve player...

and Morris has a garaunteed roster spot with a no trade clause so he isn't fighting for a roster spot he's fighting for minutes behind Blake now

When he has gotten the time what has he done?

19 minutes, 1/6 FG, 4 asists, 2 turnovers just last week vs Utah

When he keeps blowing chances like this why should he be given more chances? He was given extended minutes last year when Blake was out and he sucked. So he has two strikes on him. Sucked in NBA games and sucked in preseason WHEN given extended minutes. He had that one summe league game where he went for 11/11 or something other than that fluke game not one preseason or NBA game has he produced anything that shows hes NBA caliber

He may make the team but he'll be the perfect practice player...like Sun Yue

Edited by MDI, October 20, 2012 - 01:45 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users