Photo

When D-Rose comes back what do you expect?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: When D-Rose comes back what do you expect? (21 member(s) have cast votes)

After his injury, surgery & rehab what do you think Rose will play like?

1. 100%. Didnt miss a step. Superstar Caliber as usual. (2 votes [9.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

2. 90%. Still a great PG at Top 3 in the NBA but slipped a bit because the athletisism on his 1st step will never be as explosive. (10 votes [47.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.62%

3. 80%. Playing at All Star level. Definetly a top 5 PG still but isnt the threat he was prior to the injury. (5 votes [23.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.81%

4. 70%. A great player but not the all star franchise player he once was. Hes a top 10 PG but not the Franchise player we remember. (4 votes [19.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

5. 60%. Top 20 PG. A great addition to a team looking to add a final piece. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. 50%. Kirk is the starter. Rose is a decent PG coming off the bench. Still better than Blake. Wanna trade? (0 votes [0.00%])

7. 40% or lower. A former MVP could be headed to the D League. What could have been. (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted October 07, 2012 - 01:55 PM

Personally I hope the dude comes back 90-100%.
But because of his style of play I don't believe a completely torn ACL will allow that to happen.
I'm thinking he will be in the 70-80% area of what I described above.
This is a public pole so people cant hate on the guy.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#2 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,251 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted October 07, 2012 - 01:58 PM

I think the responses below 80% are just laughable.

#3 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,155 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 07, 2012 - 02:04 PM

He'll come back a better playing PG not needing to rely on his first step quickness only.

This time off will teach him to conserve himself a little more and know when to explode and make him an all around complete game and he'll come back picking his spots more, being a better jump shooter and a passer, and will turn on the jets in a more strategic fashion.

Edited by Majesty, October 07, 2012 - 02:19 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#4 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,870 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted October 07, 2012 - 03:33 PM

Gilbert Arenas, Steve Francis, Tmac, DRose.

#5 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 07, 2012 - 03:40 PM

I expect him to be very tentative when he comes back around March, don't expect him to be near 100% (or as close as he can get to it) until the '13-14 season. He'll pick and choose when he makes use of his explosive unlike before when he'd just attack with reckless abandon. Expect him to lose a bit of quickness, but not enough that his career suddenly plummets from what could have been. His struggles are going to be more mental than physical.

#6 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 07, 2012 - 04:05 PM

I expect him to be very tentative when he comes back around March, don't expect him to be near 100% (or as close as he can get to it) until the '13-14 season. He'll pick and choose when he makes use of his explosive unlike before when he'd just attack with reckless abandon. Expect him to lose a bit of quickness, but not enough that his career suddenly plummets from what could have been. His struggles are going to be more mental than physical.

This. It'll take alot of mental toughness for Derrick to return to his pre-injury superstar form. I'll be rooting for him because he's one of my favorite players.
htCCl0m.png

#7 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,048 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 07, 2012 - 08:23 PM

I think he'll be back to near 100% in due time, but for a while (which could be the remainder of the season) he'll be slowly getting back into the grind of things, kind of like what L.A.K.E.R. said. Missing that many months is a long ass time to be away from competitive basketball. There isn't really an option for that so I didn't vote, but that would be my guess.

#8 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,841 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted October 08, 2012 - 09:26 AM

This. It'll take alot of mental toughness for Derrick to return to his pre-injury superstar form. I'll be rooting for him because he's one of my favorite players.

i agree with you and LAKER. It's all in the mind. Mind over matter. I really want him to be like he was in 2011. But maybe now he can attack when and where on the floor. Sounds like the mamba when he started to get his shot

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#9 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie, Cooper, Ariza

Posted October 13, 2012 - 09:48 PM

Depends when he comes back. If this season, then he'll be off. If he comes back nest season, I don't see much of a drop off outside of rust. If I'm a bulls fan, I'd be hoping he just takes the full year off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users