#21 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 06, 2012 - 12:56 AM

So exactly how many years does it take for everyone to realize that the pre-season gives no preview of a team and means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of a successful or poor season?

#22 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,305 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 06, 2012 - 04:20 AM

lol .. watch the world fall apart if we lose our first game of the preaseason on Sunday ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#23 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie, Cooper, Ariza

Posted October 06, 2012 - 06:57 AM

So exactly how many years does it take for everyone to realize that the pre-season gives no preview of a team and means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of a successful or poor season?

Duh. Preseason games are meaningless in and of itself. But things that are meaningful is seeing how rookies look. Fab is atrocious. One game yes, but seriously, theres no way Fab will get much better anytime soon if at all. Some Celt fans I know were talking trade scenarios of getting Josh smith for Bass and Melo. They totally think their rookies are the best players from last year's draft. Yesterday should definitely squash some of that idiocy.

And don't be a wet blanket on my Celtic hate. Any thread that trashes those jerks should be encouraged here. :laughing:

Edited by EddieJones, October 06, 2012 - 06:59 AM.

#24 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 08:15 AM

A disgrace after one pre-season game really?

Sit down keepbynum it was a joke.
Posted Image

#25 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 06, 2012 - 09:49 AM

Sit down keepbynum it was a joke.

Gotcha and that isn't my username anymore. I just had it because I was pissed off at Dwight for not wanting to be a Laker, but now that has changed I'm perfectly fine with him being here.

Celtics have a nice squad but they aint getting out of the 1st round

Is that a joke? :laughing:

Please they nearly made the Finals last season and got significantly better. They're clearly the second best team in the East.
htCCl0m.png

#26 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie, Cooper, Ariza

Posted October 06, 2012 - 05:11 PM

Gotcha and that isn't my username anymore. I just had it because I was pissed off at Dwight for not wanting to be a Laker, but now that has changed I'm perfectly fine with him being here.

Is that a joke? :laughing:

Please they nearly made the Finals last season and got significantly better. They're clearly the second best team in the East.

They made the eastern finals after being gifted with facing an 8th seed in the semis. They took an injured Heat team to 7 games, but were outmatched once the Heat got a semblance of health back. DO NOT OVERESTIMATE THE CELTICS "SUCCESS" LAST SEASON. they sucked, got a great hand with unfortunate things happening to their opponents, and now they think an improvement of any kind from last year means a tipping point to a championship. They still suck and won't get out of the second round. And keep in mind getting out of the second round in the east is as easy as farting after a spicy burrito.

Edited by EddieJones, October 06, 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#27 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 06, 2012 - 11:15 PM

I hate the Celtics too, but being a level-headed, and an objective as you can fan will help you, and the whole Laker community.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users