Photo

Clippers React To NBA's Anti-Flopping Rule

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,375 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted October 04, 2012 - 10:11 AM

Posted Image

By Arash Markazi | ESPNLosAngeles.com

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin simply smiled Wednesday when asked about the new anti-flopping penalties in the NBA this season.

"It's a good way for the NBA to get more money," Griffin said.

The new rules, announced Wednesday by the league, state players will get a warning the first offense, and will then be fined $5,000 for a second violation. The fines increase to $10,000 for a third offense, $15,000 for a fourth and $30,000 for the fifth time. Six or more could lead to a suspension.

"I guess it's good in the sense that it stops any of that from happening but at the same time you're telling me if it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals and a guy has a chance to make a play, he's going to be like, 'Well, do I want this $10,000 or do I want a championship?' Do you know what I mean?" Griffin said. "It's one of those things that's after the fact and not going to win or lose games for anybody."

Griffin has been one of the more high-profile players in the league accused of flopping by opponents but didn't think the rule necessarily applied to him or the Clippers. He was still unsure how it would affect games next season with the punishments coming after the games are over.

"It's good in a sense that it'll cut down on [flopping] but the whole idea of that is to not have it affect the way the game is going," Griffin said. "And as of now it has no affect on it."

Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro said he and other NBA coaches talked about a possible flopping rule during meetings a couple of weeks ago in Chicago but was still unsure how it would change the game.

"It's going to be interesting to see how they view that from a league perspective," Del Negro said. "It's a rule and we're going to have to abide by that. If that's what the commissioner wants to do and the competition committee wants to do, we'll adhere to it. We're going to discuss that a little bit more later [with the team]. The rule came out today and we just played in a scrimmage so we'll talk about it. I don't really see any of our guys having issues with it, per se. It's going to be a feeling-out process for everybody, in terms of how you're going to handle certain things."

Del Negro felt today's players are perhaps more scrutinized when it comes to flopping than in the past because of enhanced technology.

"I just think there's more cameras, more HD, there's social media networks and everything," Del Negro said. "There's just so much more coverage on things that it gets exposed a little bit more."

When Clippers forward Caron Butler was told about the rule, he said he hadn't heard about it before but thought it would be a good thing for the league.

"I don't think we have a flopping problem on this team," Butler said. "I don't watch a lot of other teams and I didn't have the luxury of watching other teams last year with the condensed schedule but over the years you see some calls and some plays that you say, 'He sold it.' If they got (a new rule) in place, it's probably better for the game."

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/clippers/post/_/id/2612/clippers-react-to-nbas-anti-flopping-rule
Hey Laker fans! Check out this internet radio talk show for TRUE Laker fans. Hear them out and let them know what you think about the show. Send them an email with your thought and opinions on the Lakers, the show, or any other topic you want. Thanks for listening and GO LAKERS!! www.purpleandgoldradioshow.com

Signatures may contain an image, but may not be any larger than 468x140.

#2 j0k3r

j0k3r

Rookie

• 277 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Shaq, KOBE

Posted October 04, 2012 - 10:28 AM

this is already posted before?

#3 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,213 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 04, 2012 - 10:49 AM

Flop City

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Cavy Music

#4 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

The "D" In Dwight Howard Is Silent

• 6,388 posts
  • Name:Django
  • Fan Since:1860
  • Fav. Laker:Ain't No TV Yet

Posted October 04, 2012 - 12:00 PM

Posted Image

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#5 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted October 04, 2012 - 12:02 PM

looks like griffin isnt too happy lol.

Posted Image

#6 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,589 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 04, 2012 - 12:21 PM

Lmao @ blake saying nba wants more $$$$
Posted Image

#7 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,375 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted October 04, 2012 - 03:50 PM

Clippers Fans Thoughts On New Flopping Policy

Seems to them the league is doing this on purpose in order to prevent the Clippers from making the playoffs, and ensuring the NBA Finals this season will be Lakers/Heat.

Things just got tougher for the red, white and blue. Look at this:

- AEG on sale
- The NBA flopping rule
- Lakers transformed into 2012 Hall Of Fame Laker Gods
- Chris Paul to leave if the Clippers fail

See what's going on here? All these events equal total Clipper Armageddon. They must be prepared.

I can understand CP3 having something of a reputation, but not Blake.

As long as they review his plays on BOTH ends of the floor, I'll be OK with it.

The Flopping rule will effect other teams more. Dare I say Nash and Gasol is not different than CP3 and BG?

Too bad for those people that run into Blake and he falls backwards,,that is not a flop,,that is Blake not wanting to hurt the poor slob that ran into him,,,now they will just hit the wall

I think this policy will backfire. Now, we'll talk about how Stern will favor the money maker team based on the bias of ref. How could them blowing a whistle on poor poor Lakers? :/

Its just gonna make the game better. but oh man, I'm gonna miss those times when I grin because they call a charging foul againts the other team lol.... oh Blake

Fu** david stern

We benefited from flopping like a lot of teams but its a good thing the league is trying to put a end to it.

It's embarrassing how our 2 best players are 2 of the biggest floppers in the league. I hope it stops this year,if not, I'd honestly rather watch the 2007 clippers. They sucked but at least they had some dignity.

smh.
Its embarrassing to call yourself a fan. If ''flopping'' will determine whether or not you support this team, your support is not needed!

Lol your acting like flopping is a crime. Who the hell cares?

The best NBA players are pretty much all floppers anyway. Lebron, CP3 Dirk, Wade, Bosh, Manu, BG, Kobe, etc all flop.

In fact all the best teams have known floppers.

If you hate flopping so much go watch the Bobcats(not sure if they have floppers or not).

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, October 04, 2012 - 03:57 PM.

Hey Laker fans! Check out this internet radio talk show for TRUE Laker fans. Hear them out and let them know what you think about the show. Send them an email with your thought and opinions on the Lakers, the show, or any other topic you want. Thanks for listening and GO LAKERS!! www.purpleandgoldradioshow.com

Signatures may contain an image, but may not be any larger than 468x140.

#8 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,900 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 04:03 PM

Clippers fans have the cutest opinions.

#9 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 04, 2012 - 06:50 PM

It's kind of funny that Clipper fans are upset about this, that just shows they know how much their team depends on flopping thats pitiful.

#10 ツ  

ツ  

Starter

• 5,514 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 04, 2012 - 06:53 PM

wait there's clippers fans?

#11 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,589 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 04, 2012 - 07:10 PM

It's kind of funny that Clipper fans are upset about this, that just shows they know how much their team depends on flopping thats pitiful.

This is true. The clipps reply too much on flop calls.
Posted Image

#12 Rad

Rad

• 1,530 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 09:53 PM

Too bad for those people that run into Blake and he falls backwards,,that is not a flop,,that is Blake not wanting to hurt the poor slob that ran into him,,,now they will just hit the wall

This is one of the stupidest things I've read.

#13 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 14,990 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 04, 2012 - 10:59 PM

This is finally gonna show who all the pussys in the nba are and the nba will punish them for being one.

• 38,607 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 11:26 PM

^ YES!!!

yo.

#15 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 1,976 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted October 05, 2012 - 08:54 AM

Lol at the clippers fans
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#16 InterNLakerNajkihh

InterNLakerNajkihh

Rookie

• 341 posts
  • Name:Besnik
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 05, 2012 - 04:58 PM

wait there's clippers fans?

all 15 of them

1 user(s) are reading this topic