Posted October 03, 2012 - 09:45 PM

yo.

#2 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted October 03, 2012 - 09:57 PM

If the Lakers don't win this year, I will wonder if if the Black Mamba can win one without him. We all talk about Kobe's 5 rings, but we have to remember, he has never won a title without Phil. If Brown brings us just one, I will be happy, and if he doesn't, I will concede that Phil was our MVP during all of those chips and not Kobe. I desperately want Kobe to win one without him. That will for sure secure his legacy.

Edited by lakerfandude, October 03, 2012 - 09:58 PM.

#3 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,814 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 10:04 PM

If the Lakers don't win this year, I will wonder if if the Black Mamba can win one without him. We all talk about Kobe's 5 rings, but we have to remember, he has never won a title without Phil. If Brown brings us just one, I will be happy, and if he doesn't,I will concede that Phil was our MVP during all of those chips and not Kobe. I desperately want Kobe to win one without him. That will for sure secure his legacy.

Posted Image

13z8pc6.jpg

#4 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 03, 2012 - 10:21 PM

If the Lakers don't win this year, I will wonder if if the Black Mamba can win one without him. We all talk about Kobe's 5 rings, but we have to remember, he has never won a title without Phil. If Brown brings us just one, I will be happy, and if he doesn't, I will concede that Phil was our MVP during all of those chips and not Kobe. I desperately want Kobe to win one without him. That will for sure secure his legacy.

I can easily turn that argument against you and say Phil can't win without Kobe or Jordan. Yet we all probably acknowledge that Phil is the greatest coach of all time.

These arguments don't hold any weight, I thought we saw the last of them after the whole "Kobe can't win without Shaq" bull[expletive]. If the Lakers don't win one more it's because of injury or lack of chemistry, probably not as much to do with not running the triangle, especially since the Princeton employs many of the same principles as the triangle offense (a reason why Kobe suggested it anyways).

#5 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 03, 2012 - 10:40 PM

If there was any time he'd come back to the Lakers, it would be now. So, I think he's really done.

He said a few years ago that his first choice for an active player to build around would be Dwight Howard, so I think getting Dwight Howard would've made him come back to the Lakers if anything could've.

Posted Image

#6 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 11:07 PM

It honestly doesn't matter either way. Michael Jordan has only won with Phil Jackson, and is considered by most as the greatest basketball player ever. How many of the all-time greats have won championships with multiple coaches anyway?

The only thing that was being held against Kobe was that he didn't win a championship as the number 1 guy. He was able to lead the Lakers to back-to-back championships, so I think he's done everything.

Edited by Japago, October 03, 2012 - 11:35 PM.

Posted Image

#7 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 11:24 PM

It honestly doesn't matter either way. Michael Jordan has only won with Phil Jackson, and is considered by most as the greatest basketball player ever. How many of the all-time greats have won championships with multiple coaches anyway?

The only thing that was being held against Kobe was that he didn't win a championship as the number 1 guy. He was able to lead the Lakers to back-to-back championships, so I think he's done everything.

All I know is that Phil was there when he won all his chips. Can or will he ever win one without him? If he doesn't win one this year after everyone saying we have the best team on paper since who knows when, then will Phil ever come up in the conversation? What I'm saying is that if Kobe doesn't win a title in the next few years with this awesome team everyone is talking about, will it all come back to Phil? If Kobe can't win with this team without him, could he win one without him ever?

#8 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 11:30 PM

All I know is that Phil was there when he won all his chips. Can or will he ever win one without him? If he doesn't win one this year after everyone saying we have the best team on paper since who knows when, then will Phil ever come up in the conversation? What I'm saying is that if Kobe doesn't win a title in the next few years with this awesome team everyone is talking about, will it all come back to Phil? If Kobe can't win with this team without him, could he win one without him ever?

It won't. Because that argument hasn't come up for any other player. Nobody holds great coaching against any player. Most great players have had great coaches when they've won championships.

Again, does that come up with Michael Jordan? Does that prevent people from calling him the greatest player ever? No.

Posted Image

#9 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,246 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 03, 2012 - 11:32 PM

Phil wouldnt have won those 5 witout kobe and kobe wouldnt have won them without phil. Same with the kobe shaq argument. Personally i'm gonna give MB another chance this season. He has a great team and he has accepted the changes in his coaching staff to make the team better. To be fair he had a tough team to put on the court too. Lots of bench players who stunk it up. I mean barnes and blake were our best bench players. Also had a disgruntled bynum who definalty needed to start over somewhere else. He had massive pg issues and for like 3/4 of the season a hobbled over weight MWP.

I think we all should give MB a fresh start. When you look at it from a whole he was in a bad situation and honestly didnt have much of a chance to do anything with them.

Lets just put it this way. I would much rather have him than Spoelstra.

#10 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 03, 2012 - 11:54 PM

Phil is one lucky man.
htCCl0m.png

#11 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,115 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted October 04, 2012 - 05:47 AM

I hate these dumb ass arguments. When you discredit great players OR coaches for what they've accomplished, you look like an idiot.

You're not winning [expletive] at the professional level without good/great coaches and players.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#12 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 07:38 AM

This Kobe Phil thing was being discussed on another Laker site so I thought I'd bring it up here. I just want to see him win one without Phil .

#13 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 04, 2012 - 08:33 AM

I see another guy begging to be put on my ignore list.

Kobe can't win without Phil? Seriously?

As for Phil missing coaching, he WILL coach again as long as he's healthy. He's an addict.

#14 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,545 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 04, 2012 - 08:46 AM

Another shot at Kobe......classic.

I know Phil wasn't in the game killing everyone in the 2010 playoffs. Or ripping out the suns heart.

You bring up Kobe......what about Jordan?

You are kinda sounding like a troll.

#15 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 920 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 04, 2012 - 10:30 AM

watching these videos makes me miss Lamar Odom

#16 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted October 04, 2012 - 11:59 AM

Secure his legacy? already done where do we put the statue? Jordan didn't win one without Phil so....no legacy?

#17 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 04, 2012 - 12:28 PM

Clearly a troll post.
htCCl0m.png

#18 Estate

Estate

Rookie

• 235 posts
  • Name:Dennis
  • Fan Since:Since Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic! Kareem!

Posted October 04, 2012 - 04:42 PM

Phil will be back coaching someday...getting swept is not a happy way to retired.....

#19 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,301 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 04, 2012 - 06:15 PM

Thank you Windu!!

Everyone, there's no argument. Read Windu's post and realize that's the truth, nothing more, nothing less.

#20 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted October 07, 2012 - 01:56 PM

I see another guy begging to be put on my ignore list.

Kobe can't win without Phil? Seriously?

As for Phil missing coaching, he WILL coach again as long as he's healthy. He's an addict.

Hes already on mine.

Edited by FiveSixDeuce, October 07, 2012 - 01:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users