Photo

Possible MVPs in L.A.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: MVP (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will be the MVP-frontrunner in LA?

1. Kobe (19 votes [37.25%])

Percentage of vote: 37.25%

2. Dwight (31 votes [60.78%])

Percentage of vote: 60.78%

3. Nash (1 votes [1.96%])

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,733 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 05, 2012 - 04:03 PM

I think Kobe benefits a lot more than people think.

With Nash helping find him in his best spots and getting him easier looks his field goal percentage will go much higher, with the shooters he's now surrounded with and can depend on, his assists will go up, and Kobe can still shoot the lights out shall he choose.

If Kobe comes close to leading the league in scoring, but his field goal percentage is close to 50% and his assists go up by about 2 he could win MVP.

If Kobe's numbers are something like 28 points 6 assists and 50% shooting he could win MVP.
If Dwights is something like 24/14 he could win MVP.

But LeBron could get 24 6 and 6 and they'd give him MVP so it really doesn't matter.

What matters most is finals MVP more so than league MVP.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#22 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 05, 2012 - 04:10 PM

I think Kobe benefits a lot more than people think.

With Nash helping find him in his best spots and getting him easier looks his field goal percentage will go much higher, with the shooters he's now surrounded with and can depend on, his assists will go up, and Kobe can still shoot the lights out shall he choose.

If Kobe comes close to leading the league in scoring, but his field goal percentage is close to 50% and his assists go up by about 2 he could win MVP.

If Kobe's numbers are something like 28 points 6 assists and 50% shooting he could win MVP.
If Dwights is something like 24/14 he could win MVP.

But LeBron could get 24 6 and 6 and they'd give him MVP so it really doesn't matter.

What matters most is finals MVP more so than league MVP.

I think Steve will help Kobe out alot and I expect far better efficiency, but the media just doesn't like the guy. I don't see anyway they vote for him unless he puts up ridiculous numbers.

Edited by Texas Lakers Fan, October 05, 2012 - 04:10 PM.

htCCl0m.png

#23 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,733 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 05, 2012 - 04:31 PM

I think Steve will help Kobe out alot and I expect far better efficiency, but the media just doesn't like the guy. I don't see anyway they vote for him unless he puts up ridiculous numbers.

Kobe lead the league in scoring for 99% of last season and decided not to play the final games where he COULD have kept his lead in scoring in the league and Durant wouldn't have been the scoring champion.

But just a year after nearly finishing leading the league in scoring and scoring 42 against OKC in the final playoff game, people want to say he's done....

Kobe has reached a level where when he does amazing things people aren't surprised and they just say "Its Kobe being Kobe"

Whereas if anyone else does the same thing or something similar(like LeBron, Durant, Wade etc) people go OMG WOW DID YOU SEE THAT!?!?!?!

Kobe in people's minds is already higher than people in those aspects they just don't want to admit it.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#24 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 06, 2012 - 01:05 PM

probably none since people will say they have too many weapons. im not a huge fan of how they determine mvp nowadays. i guess if anyone was going to be the biggest difference maker for this team it would prob be nash though his numbers wont be there for the reason above. with that said , dwight would prob have the best shot
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#25 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 06, 2012 - 10:11 PM

Dwight has best chance followed by Kobe.

Nash won't be in the conversation.

#26 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,712 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:09 AM

Kobe lead the league in scoring for 99% of last season and decided not to play the final games where he COULD have kept his lead in scoring in the league and Durant wouldn't have been the scoring champion.

But just a year after nearly finishing leading the league in scoring and scoring 42 against OKC in the final playoff game, people want to say he's done....

Kobe has reached a level where when he does amazing things people aren't surprised and they just say "Its Kobe being Kobe"

Whereas if anyone else does the same thing or something similar(like LeBron, Durant, Wade etc) people go OMG WOW DID YOU SEE THAT!?!?!?!

Kobe in people's minds is already higher than people in those aspects they just don't want to admit it.

You got in the nail. People think Kobe already have more than 1 MVP which in case he doesnt. This guy has only 1.
I dont get it how come Lebron has 3 esp his last one with Wade and bosh as his team mates. Like what did he really do? You got 3 players in top 15 on your team.

Kobe should get one more before his career is done. Its sad how he has 1. Kobe knows this too. He should of gotten in 03, 06, 09, 10

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#27 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:23 AM

Guess I'm the only one who voted for Nash

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#28 iTSPHiL

iTSPHiL

Clippers Season Ticket Holder

• 580 posts
  • Name:Phil
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Magic

Posted October 07, 2012 - 06:20 PM

no cp3? third in mvp voting last year.

#29 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 07, 2012 - 08:49 PM

no cp3? third in mvp voting last year.

He will get the mvf ( most valuable flopper)

#30 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 07, 2012 - 08:52 PM

Nobody on this team the MVP race is most likely gonna come down to KD, Lebron, and some 3rd player that will emerge during the season.

Not saying Kobe or Dwight won't have MVP caliber seasons but I can't see one of them winning it unless they have an abnormally great season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users