Photo

Possible MVPs in L.A.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: MVP (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will be the MVP-frontrunner in LA?

1. Kobe (19 votes [37.25%])

Percentage of vote: 37.25%

2. Dwight (31 votes [60.78%])

Percentage of vote: 60.78%

3. Nash (1 votes [1.96%])

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,830 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 03, 2012 - 09:02 PM

If everything in LA works out and they all reach their potential and end up with the best record, the MVP discussion will start.

Will it be Kobe, the obvious leader of the team, who perhaps will improve his efficiency while leading the league in points.
Will it be Dwight, who statistically is the superior player and who could perhaps land his 4th DPOY-award as well.
or will it be Steve Nash, who could lead the league in assists and be the main reason for the success of everyone else on the roster.

I think having 3 possible MVP-options will hurt each guys's chance of winning - some will vote for Kobe, some for Dwight etc. In Miami, all votes go to LBJ and in OKC all go to Durant.

#2 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,888 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 03, 2012 - 10:10 PM

Nash wont get an mvp. He's not there any more but will still play great. Kobe would have to increase his shooting % by at least 5% while maintaining his same numbers to beat out lebron or durant. Dwight would have to average 24 and 14 to even have a chance while playing amazing defense. With all of them playing on the same team these are hard stats to acquire.

This team isnt here to win awards it here to win games and rings. Maybe when kobe retires howard will have a chance but its just to much to spread around .

Now could they all be all stars very possible. I think both kobe and dwight will defiantly be all stars 1st team and if nash does well I think he will make 2nd team but he has some tough competition will cp3, parker, and westbrook. Those guys are gonna just get more touches then him and they are just younger also.

#3 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 03, 2012 - 10:14 PM

Nash wont get an mvp. He's not there any more but will still play great. Kobe would have to increase his shooting % by at least 5% while maintaining his same numbers to beat out lebron or durant. Dwight would have to average 24 and 14 to even have a chance while playing amazing defense. With all of them playing on the same team these are hard stats to acquire.

This team isnt here to win awards it here to win games and rings. Maybe when kobe retires howard will have a chance but its just to much to spread around .

Now could they all be all stars very possible. I think both kobe and dwight will defiantly be all stars 1st team and if nash does well I think he will make 2nd team but he has some tough competition will cp3, parker, and westbrook. Those guys are gonna just get more touches then him and they are just younger also.

so if Dwight goes out an avg 22,15 and 3 blocks this season, and we have a top 3 D, u think dwight has a chance at MVP?i think he will have a good shot, maybe finish 2nd in the voting. i think Dwights the most likely out of our squad.. and i actually like his chances now that i think of his competition, they are on super teams too. well, OKC isnt really a super team but Westbroke will avg close to 25 ppg... ..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#4 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,043 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 03, 2012 - 10:18 PM

I doubt any of them get it, but Kobe's the alpha male on the team and will likely be ahead of all other Lakers in the rankings, especially since I expect his efficiency to increase with Dwight, Nash, and an improved bench.

#5 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,064 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted October 03, 2012 - 11:07 PM

I believe if Dwight averages 23 14 3 or anything above, along with having the best record in the league, will get him the MVP.

At this point in Kobe's career, I think he'd need to average 29+ PPG with about 44% shooting along with the best record, and LeBron would probably still get it

Is it possible either of them get it? Yes. We have two of the top 5 players in the league on the same team. It's very possible. Is it more likely that Durant or LeBron will have better number along with a younger team to get the better record? Unfortunately, yes.

#6 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,888 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 11:20 PM

so if Dwight goes out an avg 22,15 and 3 blocks this season, and we have a top 3 D, u think dwight has a chance at MVP?i think he will have a good shot, maybe finish 2nd in the voting. i think Dwights the most likely out of our squad.. and i actually like his chances now that i think of his competition, they are on super teams too. well, OKC isnt really a super team but Westbroke will avg close to 25 ppg... ..

He will not get 15 rebounds a game while having pau there getting at least 8 a game. Also maybe if he scores 22 but even that could be not enough. Remember lebron was getting 27 ppg while shooting 53% last season. He also led his team with 8 rpg. Those are insane stats and he will probably get around that again. So thats the stats dwight would have to beat. He would have to at least get 25/15 while shooting 60% and getting probably 3.5 block per game to get with lebron.

Dwight will most likely get 20 ppg 12 rpg with around 2.5 blocks per game while having between 58% shooting. Those are extremely impressive number and will put our team in to a power house mode. We will have many players who will be putting up great number and we gel together just right. We have 2 bigs who compliment one another. We have a true pg who can make the pass . we have our rodman type player with MWP and we have our superstar SG kobe. This team doesnt need mvp performances. It need players to do there job. Thats what sets out team apart from others.

Let lebron have his mvp. But he better hope his team can box out howard and pau and even put some type of pressure on them while his team is stroking the 3's all night or else they are in trouble.

His team relies on his big game performances and the rest of the team stroking 3's. We rely on nothing. We have any option now. Ill take a complete team with great players over a team with 2 super stars and a bunch of 3 point shooters any day.

#7 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 03, 2012 - 11:27 PM

I don't give a damn about the MVP trophy. It's overrated anyways. The two best players of the post MJ era in Kobe and Shaq have only two combined MVP's. Shows you how big of a joke it is. I'd rather get the championship and one of Kobe, Dwight, or Nash will certainly win Finals MVP.

Anyways I doubt any of the Lakers win it. Damn media hates us.

Edited by Texas Lakers Fan, October 03, 2012 - 11:28 PM.

htCCl0m.png

#8 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 03, 2012 - 11:30 PM

He will not get 15 rebounds a game while having pau there getting at least 8 a game. Also maybe if he scores 22 but even that could be not enough. Remember lebron was getting 27 ppg while shooting 53% last season. He also led his team with 8 rpg. Those are insane stats and he will probably get around that again. So thats the stats dwight would have to beat. He would have to at least get 25/15 while shooting 60% and getting probably 3.5 block per game to get with lebron.

Dwight will most likely get 20 ppg 12 rpg with around 2.5 blocks per game while having between 58% shooting. Those are extremely impressive number and will put our team in to a power house mode. We will have many players who will be putting up great number and we gel together just right. We have 2 bigs who compliment one another. We have a true pg who can make the pass . we have our rodman type player with MWP and we have our superstar SG kobe. This team doesnt need mvp performances. It need players to do there job. Thats what sets out team apart from others.

Let lebron have his mvp. But he better hope his team can box out howard and pau and even put some type of pressure on them while his team is stroking the 3's all night or else they are in trouble.

His team relies on his big game performances and the rest of the team stroking 3's. We rely on nothing. We have any option now. Ill take a complete team with great players over a team with 2 super stars and a bunch of 3 point shooters any day.

ur right man dwight wont put up those numbers...but he will avg more rebounds than Drew did last season, so he'll avg 13 boards.lol
we didnt get dwight for mvp type performances, we got him for DPOY performances...

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#9 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,043 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 11:32 PM

Having another good rebounding big on the floor should actually positively impact Howard's rebounding, since players have to focus on boxing out Pau (or Pau boxes them out). It can be statistically proven as well and has been done so on these boards at various points in time.

#10 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,877 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted October 04, 2012 - 01:56 AM

Kobe Bryant

I don't believe kobe would pass that thing to Dwight

maybe Player of the week or a month

dwight can take it

but for the MVP NO

Kobe wants to win anything

thats what I like about him

33bkfif.jpg

#11 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,888 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 02:07 AM

Having another good rebounding big on the floor should actually positively impact Howard's rebounding, since players have to focus on boxing out Pau (or Pau boxes them out). It can be statistically proven as well and has been done so on these boards at various points in time.

Theres just so many rebounds to go around. I think he may get 1 more and thats a big maybe. Pau [b][WILL/b] get at least 7 rebounds a game. Last season he average 10 rebounds a game so he could easily get that again.

They will be focusing on boxing out dwight more than pau also so that hurts him too. Really if anyones rebounds could go up I would think its pau. People forget even though he is kinda soft the guy get 10 rebounds a game and a lot of that was due to bynum last season for taking up players.

In a strange way pau's softness actually will get him more rebounds than he should on our team. :laughing:

#12 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,043 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 01:10 PM

Theres just so many rebounds to go around. I think he may get 1 more and thats a big maybe. Pau [b][WILL/b] get at least 7 rebounds a game. Last season he average 10 rebounds a game so he could easily get that again.

They will be focusing on boxing out dwight more than pau also so that hurts him too. Really if anyones rebounds could go up I would think its pau. People forget even though he is kinda soft the guy get 10 rebounds a game and a lot of that was due to bynum last season for taking up players.

In a strange way pau's softness actually will get him more rebounds than he should on our team. :laughing:

Just empirically putting a big next to a good rebounding big increases their rebounds. I don't have the time to pull up the stats but I know people on here have proven it pretty well, so maybe someone can back me up. There's a finite number of missed shots, but the percentage of those that turn into Laker rebounds will go up.

I agree with you for the most part though, and I fully expect both Pau and D12 to have a good rebounding season. Of course I think they'll both play less minutes so that might factor in.

Edited by bfc1125roy, October 04, 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#13 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 04, 2012 - 01:12 PM

Kobe Bryant

dwight can take it

but for the MVP NO

Can someone ban this dude already? He's clearly trolling.

Edited by Texas Lakers Fan, October 04, 2012 - 01:17 PM.

htCCl0m.png

#14 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,368 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 01:41 PM

Can someone ban this dude already? He's clearly trolling.

Or he's foreign
Posted Image

#15 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted October 04, 2012 - 05:57 PM

Kobe Bryant

dwight can take it

but for the MVP NO

i totally agree with him on this at this time.

I dont think kobe will let off. He will share the ball and sacrifice a little but midway into the season he will take over.

This is kobe were talking about. He wants to be goat or atleast 1 up jordan.

Later on in the future i can see him submitting to dwight and passing the torch. Right now i just dont see that

Edited by underworldmike, October 04, 2012 - 05:58 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts
  • Fav. Laker:THE BLACK MAMBA

Posted October 04, 2012 - 06:08 PM

If the Lakers are have the best record in the league, then Kobe or Dwight have a good chance.

Kobe would have to average 27 PPG 5 RPG 5 APG on 49% shooting.

Dwight would have to average 24 PPG 15 RPG and 3 BPG and play at a DPOY type level pushing LA to a top 3 defensive team.

I think if the Lakers win 60+ games and finish with the number one overall seed, Kobe has a good chance if his numbers are good. I have a feeling the voters are just looking for a reason to give him one more MVP before he retires (it would reflect badly on the media if the greatest player of his generation only finished with one MVP)

#17 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts
  • Fav. Laker:THE BLACK MAMBA

Posted October 04, 2012 - 06:10 PM

Also, I don't think Pau will really affect Howard's rebounding numbers.

#18 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,782 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted October 04, 2012 - 07:00 PM

Kobe
Kobe
Kobe.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#19 ((KamiKaZe))

((KamiKaZe))

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Name:Jeremy
  • Fan Since:child

Posted October 04, 2012 - 07:22 PM

no question Dwight is the called because is the only one in the team who is the best at his position by far, Kobe maybe the best SG but not too far from D-Wade or wathever other one but Dwight its the man who change the game from the defensive end and can dominate anyone in the league in the paint, he have a real chance to stole the MVP from Lebron

#20 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,830 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 04, 2012 - 08:47 PM

If the Lakers are have the best record in the league, then Kobe or Dwight have a good chance.

Kobe would have to average 27 PPG 5 RPG 5 APG on 49% shooting.

Dwight would have to average 24 PPG 15 RPG and 3 BPG and play at a DPOY type level pushing LA to a top 3 defensive team.

I think if the Lakers win 60+ games and finish with the number one overall seed, Kobe has a good chance if his numbers are good. I have a feeling the voters are just looking for a reason to give him one more MVP before he retires (it would reflect badly on the media if the greatest player of his generation only finished with one MVP)

I think Kobe could win it for the reason you mention - one MVP for Kobe is ridiculous, but then again, Shaq only has one as well.

A lot of things need to go right, though. He would have to be a lot more efficient, which he might now that he has Nash. Also, he would have to somehow show that he is the undisputed leader and best player on the team, even if Dwight has better efficiency numbers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users