Photo

Shaq: Brook Lopez better than Dwight Howard (pg. 2 - Dwight's response)

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 SoCalSpider

SoCalSpider

Rookie

• 678 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 04, 2012 - 03:51 PM

its really interesting to me how Shaq was a big Laker fan pre-dwight.. He would stretch and say we can win a ring, or Bynum is the best center.. i WONDER if the BIg Aristotle is playing head games with Dwight to make him play better. maybe shaq actually wants the Lakers to win, badly. but its more likely that he's just jealous of the Dwight-LAL saga.. the media on this team, and specifically Dwight, is, and will be unprecidented.

For this to be realistic, Shaq would have to be much smarter than he actually is. He's a big clown man, always has been - it's why he took the tools to be the greatest player who ever lived and turned them into a "good enough on talent alone" hall of fame career (I always wished along with many Laker fans that Kobe's will, desire and work ethic could have been put inside Shaq's body - THAT would have been something to watch for the ages).

It's why Kobe never respected him, it's why he bounced around during his career and it's why he can't let this go and still starts petty arguments and smack talk like he's a 16 year old kid in the gym playing with college guys.

He doesn't realize his entire career path was a direct result of his own way of doing things, his own mouth, his own way of thinking - only he's always been bigger, more naturally talented, more famous and more rich than everyone else in the room to ever get called on it. Now he's just another media talking head (and a sh*tty one at that) who hasn't shifted to his role because he just doesn't know how to - he's not smart enough to figure it out.

He won't ever change, it will just get old after a while and people will stop paying attention to him after he gets fired from TNT. What he should do is learn to be gracious and understand that though he's been great for this franchise, he's not close to being loved here because of the big [expletive] he took on the franchise on his way to Miami - but he can't even see that.

His number retirement ceremony should have waited until Dwight had cemented his own legacy as a Laker great - maybe then he would have been more humble about what he says, MAYBE.

Edited by SoCalSpider, October 04, 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#42 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 04, 2012 - 04:54 PM

i actually love Shaq on TNT, thats the sad thing, now i might look at him different, now i have to hear him hate on the lakers? like i said he was just a laker lover,predicting us to overachieve, damn, that was my fav show,nba on tnt.......... <_< welp, the laker channel is better by 20 times anyway.

but ya @spider shaq really has hate in his heart for some reason, is his career his reason? i dont think he underachieved, but i was too young to disect his career, i was way too busy watching #8's every move..

#43 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 04, 2012 - 05:19 PM

Dwight is Shaq with a work ethic and integrity, that scares the hell outta Shaq.

He can see that if Dwight keeps on the path he's on he will eclipse the memory of Shaq in the one place he's regarded highly, the Lakers. Unfortunately for me and a lot of other fans, once he got dealt to Miami and called Laker fans and the town of L.A. phony, that memory was tarnished beyond repair.

#44 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:THE BLACK MAMBA

Posted October 04, 2012 - 05:50 PM

Shaq is a bigot and a clown.

He also ruined TNT.

#45 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted October 04, 2012 - 06:00 PM

OC Register's Kevin Ding on the situation:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hahahahahaha
Posted Image

#46 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 04, 2012 - 06:02 PM

Dwight is Shaq with a work ethic and integrity, that scares the hell outta Shaq.

He can see that if Dwight keeps on the path he's on he will eclipse the memory of Shaq in the one place he's regarded highly, the Lakers. Unfortunately for me and a lot of other fans, once he got dealt to Miami and called Laker fans and the town of L.A. phony, that memory was tarnished beyond repair.

What bugs Shaq as well is that Dwight's personality really rivals his. Shaq's ego is to the point where he thinks if a player is a jokester and tries to entertain the fans that he automatically thinks they are trying to be him.

Dwight is this happy guy that loves playing the game but loves interacting with the fans to give them a good time. For someone that is getting their jersey retired this season, he sure is being very ungrateful towards a player on a team that is honoring him.

#47 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted October 04, 2012 - 06:04 PM

i agree. i totally disagree on retiring his jersey this early. After what hes said and done to la. He needs to pay and actually wait to have his jersey hanged up there.

I loved the big fella when he was here, i just cant forgive him for what he said after he got traded. I also cant forgive him for going to the celts.

[expletive] KAZAAM. Never again

Edited by underworldmike, October 04, 2012 - 06:06 PM.

Posted Image

#48 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 04, 2012 - 06:15 PM

Im starting to hate shaq more and more. The guy just burns his bridges. Buss should tell him sorry we are cancelling your jersey retirement ceremony, until he stops being an "[expletive]" to current Laker players and future Laker players, he has no respect for the organisation why should the Lakers respect him?. Guy doenst deserve to have it up there with the laker greats.

I honestly hope the crowd BOOS the hell outta him when he gets his jersey retired

P.S have no doubt I love Shaq for what he brought in his 8 years here. But to me he will never be a "Laker Legend" in my heart. The way his pissed on the past and current Laker stars and how he pissed on our organisation before will never be forgotten.

/end rant

Edited by Lakers4Life, October 04, 2012 - 06:15 PM.

Laker fan for life.

#49 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,246 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 06:29 PM

Im starting to hate shaq more and more. The guy just burns his bridges. Buss should tell him sorry we are cancelling your jersey retirement ceremony, until he stops being an "[expletive]" to current Laker players and future Laker players, he has no respect for the organisation why should the Lakers respect him?. Guy doenst deserve to have it up there with the laker greats.

I honestly hope the crowd BOOS the hell outta him when he gets his jersey retired

P.S have no doubt I love Shaq for what he brought in his 8 years here. But to me he will never be a "Laker Legend" in my heart. The way his pissed on the past and current Laker stars and how he pissed on our organisation before will never be forgotten.

/end rant

I hope not.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#50 ((KamiKaZe))

((KamiKaZe))

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Name:Jeremy
  • Fan Since:child

Posted October 04, 2012 - 07:25 PM

anyone who says something like that is lying to himself just for hate and hate can kill yourself , Shaq have no need to do that he is looking so pathetic right now

#51 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 04, 2012 - 08:01 PM

Shaq is just looking for attention.
Posted Image

#52 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted October 04, 2012 - 08:09 PM

I loved shaq growing up. but as i have stated in the past, sometimes he just needs to shut up. I like the way howard went by it, just let it go and prove the people wrong. win.

Posted Image

#53 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 08:17 PM

good response from dwight, and the right way to respond to the real big baby

bw1wOGf.png

#54 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 04, 2012 - 08:38 PM

Good, mature response from Dwight. Dont really know what the hell Shaq's problem is.

#55 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,143 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted October 04, 2012 - 08:48 PM

I believe Shaq is just jealous and scared of what could happen with Dwight, Kobe and the Lakers. IMO he just doesn't want A- Kobe to get more rings B- Dwight to become a bigger personality in the NBA or be a better player than he was. I think he's trying to make Dwight uncomfortable by talking about him so he remembers that he's doing the exact same thing he did by playing for the Lakers and how he has big shoes to fill, all so come next year perhaps he leaves. Shaq often has said that him and Kobe were the best 1-2 punch ever created what if Kobe and Dwight win a couple maybe even a 3 peat led by the best 2 players on the team (Kobe and Dwight) don't you think they would start comparing Kobe Shaq vs Kobe Dwight? I think it drives him crazy the potential of what this can become.

Posted Image

#56 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,862 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 04, 2012 - 08:55 PM

Kobe hates Shaq, Dwight doesn't like him, and Nash doesn't like him much either. I can already see the chemistry growing.

#57 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,393 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted October 04, 2012 - 10:18 PM

You can tell by watching the video that Dwight is hurt by the comments. [expletive] Shaq. He's still an immature [expletive]. Hopefully this makes Dwight want to win that much more.

Edited by LakersChamps243, October 04, 2012 - 10:19 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#58 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 06:36 AM

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#59 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,194 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 05, 2012 - 06:48 AM

Dwight: "I don't know what we had.."

I do Dwight... A DANCE OFF!!!

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#60 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,723 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 05, 2012 - 06:50 AM

I really don't know what's the problem with Shaq, the guy is a showman but this is going too fr
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users