Photo

ESPN First Take: Can Kobe And Nash Co-Exist?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,759 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 03, 2012 - 02:01 PM

Never said you weren't a fan of his, but you're still wrong about him being selfish.

I am not sure what you're saying exactly. It sounds as if you're trying to convey that it is ok for Kobe to shoot more because his teammates can't step up, and I completely agree.

Either way, Kobe is not selfish.

Ok for you Kobe is not selfish but For me Kobe is the most selfish more than any player in the NBA right now next to him is westbrook but westbrook is not reliable shooter unlike Kobe Bryant.

Actually I don't want him to take a lot of shot right now he's not the player he once was. He is still my all time favorite more than Jordan

and I like him to take a lot of shot especially if his teammate are useless but not now, he is old, he needs those legs especially in the playoffs and for another year.

BTW for me Kobe Bryant being a selfish means to win the game and to win above anybody else

33bkfif.jpg

#22 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,759 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 02:08 PM

Im pretty sure everyone woulda had the same reaction when blake missed the buzzerbeater ha I know i would have.

Kobe Bryant reaction was too much

It was Wide open and you miss it and It should be the end of story stop complaining and move on.

33bkfif.jpg

#23 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 03, 2012 - 02:18 PM

that new host for First Take is hot

Cari Champion

Yes, she'll be in the hot girls thread soon

Pau Gasol is GONE

#24 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 03, 2012 - 03:54 PM

i cant even watch this cuz they will miss key points and it will make me angry. my key point is, Kobe would not have recruited Nash so aggressively if he wanted Nash to be a completely different player, and Nash wouldnt have agreed to that.. PLUS all the talk from Mike Brown to everybody seems as if i am right, Nash will play a similar style to his PHX days

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#25 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted October 03, 2012 - 08:00 PM

Nash and Dwight- yes
Nash and Pau- yes
Nash and Kobe- will need work. I specially dont want to see kobe post up that much.

#26 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 08:02 PM

I want to see Kobe in the low post MORE

Edited by Windu, October 03, 2012 - 08:02 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#27 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 03, 2012 - 08:23 PM

Nash and Dwight- yes
Nash and Pau- yes
Nash and Kobe- will need work. I specially dont want to see kobe post up that much.

i LOVE Nash/Pau the most. Nash makes bigs legendary who can pick n pop AND pick n roll. and im with you that i dont want to see Kobe post up SGs so much anymore, we can get better shots than that, BUT Mike Brown made a great point with the Kobe and Nash two man game. well, he just said theyre guna pick n roll.ima make the great point. when kobe and Nash pick n roll, kobe will get a mismatch from that many times. SO he can post up PG's, which i am not against, i like.. :rock:

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#28 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,759 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 02:34 AM

Nash and Dwight- yes
Nash and Pau- yes

THIS !

33bkfif.jpg

#29 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 04, 2012 - 10:55 AM

I don't even have to watch this video to know what's going to happen. Skip is going to say that Nash wants to dribble around and Kobe won't like it, and then Steven A. Smith will call him disrespectful (rightfully so) and start yelling. This is a stupid debate that first take has rehashed too many times without adding any substance.

exactly why i never bother with that show. steven a is funny though a lil much and skip brainless is just that. #wannabe pti #blowhard
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#30 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 11:12 AM

Nash and Dwight- yes
Nash and Pau- yes

kobe is a huge post threat, an excellent passer and is good at getting his hands on the ball if he misses, if the mismatch is there , milk it till the udders run dry. great way at slowing the game down as well.

a lot of kobes problems last season had to do with their stagnant offense, poor shooters, scared players players like blake ect, though there were p[lenty of times he was frustrating and forced shots.

kobe will force a lot less if people move and cut. he has to have a certain mentality to be that guy but if there is a play to make , he will make the pass.
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#31 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 05:45 PM

What are you talking about. Then why get Nash if Kobe is going to have the ball at all times like u stated. Kobe is the one who needs to move and cut. Leave the post plays for the bigs. If kobe picks a pg and has good down low position than yeah.

#32 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968

Posted October 04, 2012 - 06:36 PM

It is going to be interesting to see how Nash and Kobe mesh.......Kobe has never benn a catch and shoot guy, he not going to be running around like Ray Allen trying to get open. I can also see Kobe setting up Nash...but what kind of shots is going to available for Kobe without Kobe handling the ball. I still believe that Kobe will be handling the ball quite a bit just like in the past but when Kobe gets doubled Nash will be avilable to bail the offense out at times where in the past Kobe had that responsibility....both are smart players they will both work together and figure it out!
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#33 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 07:35 PM

What are you talking about. Then why get Nash if Kobe is going to have the ball at all times like u stated. Kobe is the one who needs to move and cut. Leave the post plays for the bigs. If kobe picks a pg and has good down low position than yeah.

I really wanna ask you the the same thing. Why in the hell would you want to turn one of the greatest low post players into Matt Barnes?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#34 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 10:16 PM

Ok you need to stop saying kobe is one of the greatest post players.
Cant put him in the same breath in post moves with Wilt, kareem, shaq, hakeem, duncan, just to name a few. Who said anything about him being barnes. Kobe does not have the stamina to keep running aroung. Ala reggie miller, allen, hamilton. What im saying the ball cant stop with kobe. Ball needs to be moving around, its what steve does best. If you run what you indicate it will be the same crap as the last 2 years. 2nd round exit. Have to use pau and specially dwights pick n roll experties. Also nash ability to get into the paint, but to what you suggest is, post kobe up and get out his way. Or kobe play pg and find guys open. Thats nash's job and he does it better than kobe

#35 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 04, 2012 - 10:25 PM

Kobe has one of the most refined post games in the NBA today, being a guard doesn't limit him in the least. Shaq did NOT have a huge array of post moves. By his latter years in LA, right in the middle of his prime, he had maybe 2-3 actual moves along with the usual baby hook featured by every big. He dominated simply on strength alone at that point. Kobe has the best footwork and the most extensive post game in the entire league right now. Not the most effective (because he's not a physical brute like LeBron), but he can still get his if given the chance. His post-up fadeaway jumper is damn near unstoppable if he's getting enough lift under him (unlike the end of last season when his legs were spent). That's his biggest strength aside from his mid-range jumper. If teams decide to play him small and allow him to post up, you'd best believe the Lakers will exploit that mismatch. Kobe will play the Jordan role with an actual facilitator on this team. No more having to shoulder the burden as both the playmaker and sole offensive option capable of creating his own shot. He can just focus on scoring every time he touches the ball.

Turning him into a Rip Hamilton or Ray Allen and letting Nash completely dictate the offense 100% is not the way to go. This team will have success combining the best attributes of each of our 4 best players. Forcing Kobe out of the post if he clearly has a mismatch makes zero sense at all. This is one of the greatest scorers in NBA history still scoring at a higher clip than all but a handful of players in the league.

#36 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 07:13 AM

Cant put him in the same breath in post moves with Wilt, kareem, shaq, hakeem, duncan, just to name a few. Who said anything about him being barnes. Kobe does not have the stamina to keep running aroung. Ala reggie miller, allen, hamilton. What im saying the ball cant stop with kobe. Ball needs to be moving around, its what steve does best. If you run what you indicate it will be the same crap as the last 2 years. 2nd round exit. Have to use pau and specially dwights pick n roll experties. Also nash ability to get into the paint, but to what you suggest is, post kobe up and get out his way. Or kobe play pg and find guys open. Thats nash's job and he does it better than kobe

:facepalm:

Kobe Bryant is EASILY one of the greatest low post players of all time. You can't be serious with that post.

Who said anything about him being barnes? You did. You've denied his greatness in the low post (laughable) and you want to regulate him to being a cutting player. Kobe can cut to the basket and get easy points but that's not exclusively what he is.

The ball WON'T stop with Kobe. We have a true PG now that can run plays (and yes iso is a play) and get not only Kobe good shots but also the rest of the team good shots. I haven't "indicated" running anything. All I said was that I want to see Kobe in the low post more and there's nothing wrong with that because it will increase Kobe's efficiency and open up the offense for everyone else. We have a lot of talent on the team allowing us to run a variety of looks and plays.

Edited by Windu, October 05, 2012 - 08:10 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#37 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,535 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 05, 2012 - 09:12 AM

Lol yea you lost credibility. Shaq isn't one of the greatest post players. Are you sure you know what the post is?

#38 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,759 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 10:32 AM

Are you [expletive]ING KIDDING ME? Kobe not the best low post scorer? You know nothing on NBA dude, If Kobe is in low post position its nearly Automatic dude thats why the opponent team needs to double Kobe immediately when Kobe is in Low Post Position

You don't respect the BEST FOOTWORK in NBA

Kobe will be having hard time being a cutter player like matt barnes cause he is celebrity on the floor, Opponent team will make sure to clog the lane against Kobe Bryant so thats why Kobe Bryant will be playing on ISOLATION (AGAIN) cause he's the best in terms of 1 on 1 plus he don't have the legs anymore yet he's OLD !

If Steve Nash can set up Kobe Bryant into a Low Position instead of High Post Position well I might say thats not fair cause its nearly AUTOMATIC !

33bkfif.jpg

#39 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 05, 2012 - 11:50 AM

How many players in the NBA can hit this shot consistently?

Edited by bfc1125roy, October 05, 2012 - 11:51 AM.

#40 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 12:09 PM

not sure who you are talking to but its a game of mismatches and the motion of the princeton is made to capitalize on them. kobe can also get into the paint with the ball (if need be) unlike the bigs. of course you keep nash doing what he does best but he hasnt been on a team like this that wont always want or need his ability to create of the dribble.

sometime the best thing to do is just pitch the ball into the bigs or kobe in the post with a lights out shooter in nash to stretch. its just another element of versatility and if you can keep making a team pay with a mismatch , you milk it and force change from the opposition.

not to mention, kobe is one of the most legit wing players to ever enter the post and this type of play can serve them very well defensively. the pick and roll could be devastating with these guys and keep the other team having to inbound but it could also fuel fast breaks and give the opposition more possessions(even if its effective).

sometimes the best thing to do is the most simple and if thats pitching it into kobe or the bigs in the post then so be it. but dont worry , they will run plenty of pick and roll(prob more than anything) with nash and dwight/pau. like i said, if its working, keep doing it, no matter what it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users