Photo

ESPN First Take: Can Kobe And Nash Co-Exist?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,598 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted October 03, 2012 - 08:43 AM

#2 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 03, 2012 - 08:56 AM

I don't even have to watch this video to know what's going to happen. Skip is going to say that Nash wants to dribble around and Kobe won't like it, and then Steven A. Smith will call him disrespectful (rightfully so) and start yelling. This is a stupid debate that first take has rehashed too many times without adding any substance.

#3 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 09:05 AM

Stephen A: "I don't think you're that important to Kobe"

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Stephen A hits it right on the head at the end. It's not if Kobe is able to defer, we know he can, but its who Kobe is deferring too. Fact is Kobe over the years makes it known through his play if he trusts his teammates or not.

Kobe averages about 20 shots per game for his career. His most coming in 05/06 when he had Smush Parker and Kwame Brown on his team and he averaged 27 shots per game. Last season he did take 23 shots per game, which is too many, but I said last year and the year before, he did not trust many of his teammates.

This year, Kobe will probably be around 20 again BUT I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if he took less than that because for the first time since 2004, he will have a ball handling guard in Nash. Guess what Kobe's averaged per game was in 2004? 18 shots per game. Since then, he hasn't averaged less than 20. For the first time that I can remember, when they are on offense, the ball may not even touch Kobe's hands this year.

He is allowed to be solely a scorer for the first time in his career. He's always been asked to facilitate. Personally I think this might be Kobe's most efficient year to date because there is a difference between this season and 2004. The triangle offense is not here.

#4 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 610 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted October 03, 2012 - 09:05 AM

I don't even have to watch this video to know what's going to happen. Skip is going to say that Nash wants to dribble around and Kobe won't like it, and then Steven A. Smith will call him disrespectful (rightfully so) and start yelling. This is a stupid debate that first take has rehashed too many times without adding any substance.

Yea I've noticed that. Its always Skip saying Kobe wont like it then SAS yelling. I mean its crazy how much that show has changed. But I still watch to to hear the crazy things that comes out of Skips mouth.

#5 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 03, 2012 - 09:12 AM

This topic has been beaten to death, but Kobe and Nash will absolutely co-exist. Listen Kobe recruited Steve to Los Angeles. He has been on record saying "I'll get to play off the ball and play my natural position of being a scorer".

Why would he say those things if he wasn't willing to sacrifice a little bit? This guy is as hungry as ever. He desperately wants that sixth NBA title. He'll do anything to get that.

Also Skip Bayless is a freaking tool. Kobe the most selfish player ever really? :laughing:

Edited by Texas Lakers Fan, October 03, 2012 - 09:13 AM.

htCCl0m.png

#6 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted October 03, 2012 - 09:14 AM

Im not going to even say that much about skip.

Watched it for the lulz. :laughing:

Posted Image

#7 That Guy

That Guy

This Guy

• 97 posts
  • Name:Mike G
  • Fan Since:99'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash, Howard, J. Hill

Posted October 03, 2012 - 09:15 AM

SKip needs to get off those drugs...

#8 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,349 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted October 03, 2012 - 11:43 AM

TIAAGOO SPLITTER :D :D :D

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#9 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted October 03, 2012 - 12:07 PM

Skip and I have the same mind on this category

I love Kobe and he is my number ONE favorite player cause he is selfish and has a high pride

and the real problem right now

can Kobe pass the torch to Steve Nash

is Kobe willing to score less than 20 points per game

If kobe is willing to be in that way

I can see the championship ring right now but if not I can a 50/50 ball

but saying very very very dumb by Kobe Bryant

*facepalm*

33bkfif.jpg

#10 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted October 03, 2012 - 12:15 PM

that new host for First Take is hot
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#11 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 12:16 PM

I love Kobe and he is my number ONE favorite player cause he is selfish and has a high pride

*facepalm*

I guarantee you that if we win the ring Kobe will be scoring more than 20 points per game. Quote me on this in June.

And if Kobe is really selfish, how does he have 5 championships already?

#12 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 12:29 PM

I guarantee you that if we win the ring Kobe will be scoring more than 20 points per game. Quote me on this in June.

And if Kobe is really selfish, how does he have 5 championships already?

That's what my eyes see

Theres a lot of Open Lane for his teammate but instead he still hitting it than passing it to his teammate

Like bynum is in perfect position in the post but still Kobe Drive it or pull it for jumpshot

Thats what I like to him

Kobe is design to be a scorer not to be a passer

like Phil Jackson said Kobe can be Lebron doing 10 assist per game and rebound but the Lakers need his score more than anyone on his team

33bkfif.jpg

#13 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 12:33 PM

That's what my eyes see

Theres a lot of Open Lane for his teammate but instead he still hitting it than passing it to his teammate

Like bynum is in perfect position in the post but still Kobe Drive it or pull it for jumpshot

Thats what I like to him

Kobe is design to be a scorer not to be a passer

like Phil Jackson said Kobe can be Lebron doing 10 assist per game and rebound but the Lakers need his score more than anyone on his team

If you're talking about last season, there's a couple of points you have to take into account. Most importantly is the offense we were running. It was either a Bynum post up or a Kobe iso late into the shotclock. When there's less than 5 seconds on the clock, Kobe hast to shoot. As per Bynum, remember he failed to be the focal point of the offense even though he was given the opportunity because he could not handle double teams and passing out of the post. That's why they deviated from Bynum, to avoid turnovers (look to the OKC series if you want an example of this). Then that resulted in a very high usage rate for Kobe and him having to put up 23 shots a game just to keep the team competitive offensively.

I'm not sure I completely understand the rest of what you're saying, because you admit that Kobe is a scorer before a facilitator (although he's been doing both for quite some time). But what if they win the ring and Kobe scores more than 20 ppg, is he selfish then? Is Allen Iverson not selfish because he averaged 7 assists in a season?

Edited by bfc1125roy, October 03, 2012 - 12:34 PM.

#14 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 12:54 PM

If you're talking about last season, there's a couple of points you have to take into account. Most importantly is the offense we were running. It was either a Bynum post up or a Kobe iso late into the shotclock. When there's less than 5 seconds on the clock, Kobe hast to shoot. As per Bynum, remember he failed to be the focal point of the offense even though he was given the opportunity because he could not handle double teams and passing out of the post. That's why they deviated from Bynum, to avoid turnovers (look to the OKC series if you want an example of this). Then that resulted in a very high usage rate for Kobe and him having to pu up 23 shots a game just to keep the team competitive offensively.

I'm not sure I completely understand the rest of what you're saying, because you admit that Kobe is a scorer before a facilitator (although he's been doing both for quite some time). But what if they win the ring and Kobe scores more than 20 ppg. Is he selfish then? Is Allen Iverson not selfish because he averaged 7 assists in a season?

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

You think of me not a Kobe Bryant fan

I'm watching the WHOLE SEASON of The Lakers all of what I've said was not based on the playoffs

I'm talking about his whole career

Kobe can't be a facilitator if his teammate can't contribute

thats why he had no choice but to takeover everything

If you want playoffs talks and a crucial part where Kobe wants to be a scorer

Remember the time that World Peace Throw the ball to steve blake for a winning of buzzer beater, the plan was to pass the ball to Kobe Bryant but instead he pass it to steve blake who is open wide 3

and what is the reaction of Kobe Bryant instead of fouling sefalosha, he was crying out there and complaining that the ball should be on him not for steve blake

Its a crucial game it shows the Kobe Bryant doesn't trust any of his teammate to shoot the ball in that time.

If D Fish was there Kobe won't complain cause he trust that guy more than anyone on his team

If Kobe miss the potential buzzer beater non of him teammate complaining. If Kobe Teammate miss the buzzerbeater, Kobe Bryant complaining on them like Kobe Bryant can hit those shot instead.

33bkfif.jpg

#15 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,251 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted October 03, 2012 - 01:07 PM

If anyone has any idea about Kobe taking less of a role and being unhappy about it, just look at Beijing 2008 and London 2012. Discussion over.

Edited by KobeBeef24, October 03, 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#16 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 01:16 PM

If anyone has any idea about Kobe taking less of a role and being unhappy about it, just look at Beijing 2008 and London 2012. Discussion over.

I'm agree with you but the problem is the minutes

look at the Kobe Bryant game minutes in that time

Do you think Kobe is just watching you in game

He's not gonna watch he will do something

33bkfif.jpg

#17 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,469 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 03, 2012 - 01:28 PM

*facepalm*

How is he selfish? Selfish players don't win 5 rings.

Do you understand the meaning of passing the torch? Why would he pass the torch to a 38 year old espically when he is still the best player on the team.....

Wut?

#18 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 01:44 PM

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

You think of me not a Kobe Bryant fan

I'm watching the WHOLE SEASON of The Lakers all of what I've said was not based on the playoffs

I'm talking about his whole career

Kobe can't be a facilitator if his teammate can't contribute

thats why he had no choice but to takeover everything

If you want playoffs talks and a crucial part where Kobe wants to be a scorer

Remember the time that World Peace Throw the ball to steve blake for a winning of buzzer beater, the plan was to pass the ball to Kobe Bryant but instead he pass it to steve blake who is open wide 3

and what is the reaction of Kobe Bryant instead of fouling sefalosha, he was crying out there and complaining that the ball should be on him not for steve blake

Its a crucial game it shows the Kobe Bryant doesn't trust any of his teammate to shoot the ball in that time.

If D Fish was there Kobe won't complain cause he trust that guy more than anyone on his team

If Kobe miss the potential buzzer beater non of him teammate complaining. If Kobe Teammate miss the buzzerbeater, Kobe Bryant complaining on them like Kobe Bryant can hit those shot instead.

Never said you weren't a fan of his, but you're still wrong about him being selfish.

I am not sure what you're saying exactly. It sounds as if you're trying to convey that it is ok for Kobe to shoot more because his teammates can't step up, and I completely agree.

Either way, Kobe is not selfish.

Edited by bfc1125roy, October 03, 2012 - 01:46 PM.

#19 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 01:51 PM

How is he selfish? Selfish players don't win 5 rings.

Do you understand the meaning of passing the torch? Why would he pass the torch to a 38 year old espically when he is still the best player on the team.....

Wut?

Nah look at the reaction of Kobe after Steve Blake miss the potential buzzerbeater

He's reaction are too much in that time

He was Complaining for it

I have a lot of pictures in my mind, I've watched a lot of lakers games in this season even last season

I'm not saying he wants the ball from the start of the clock, acting like a Point Guard

I'm just trying to say he is more selfish more than any player of his Era

You don't have the right to be a selfish if you can't make the basket, only Kobe Bryant does that even in the hardest Angle

Sorry if I missused it I'm not perfect like you, Kobe doesn't need to make a play cause nash can handle it cause last year all of the offense were came from Kobe to Bynum now all of the dirty work would be on Steve Nash

33bkfif.jpg

#20 dakidblu

dakidblu

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Fisher Lamar

Posted October 03, 2012 - 01:55 PM

Im pretty sure everyone woulda had the same reaction when blake missed the buzzerbeater ha I know i would have.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users