JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 02, 2012 - 11:01 PM

http://hoopshype.com...m-win-the-title

I don't know if you saw this list they are making at ESPN.com... They are ranking all NBA players. You are at No. 113. What do you have to say about that?

TA: That's just some person's opinion. I know what I do. I know every team I've played on has gotten better. My whole life, nothing has ever been given to me. That's another reason to go out and work even harder. It's cool or whatever to be ranked, but I don't look too deeply into that kind of stuff.

You have been traded several times during your career. Which of those trades disappointed you the most?

TA: The most disappointing trade that I had is when I got traded from Houston to New Orleans. But as far as throughout my whole career, when the Lakers did not re-sign me that was kind of disappointing as well.

Why?

TA: I was disappointed because I felt like... This is my hometown, Los Angeles, we had just won a championship. Me helping win that championship... They overlooked that. I didn't hang my head or cry about it. I just went to the gym and try to do the best for the team that I would play for the following season.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

• 40,431 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 11:09 PM

Ariza and agent.

yo.

#3 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,422 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 02, 2012 - 11:11 PM

Damn Trevor just get over it. That decision was on you and your crap agent.

• 40,431 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 11:13 PM

Considering who basically replaced him, I can't help but remember this:

yo.

#5 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 11:16 PM

lmao not again :laughing:

You and your agent made a horrible choice to play bluff with the Lakers like Ramon Sessions did and you lost badly.

Edited by MDI, October 02, 2012 - 11:16 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#6 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 02, 2012 - 11:16 PM

No we chose the better player. The artist formerly known as Ron Artest and now Metta World Peace.

Edited by Texas Lakers Fan, October 02, 2012 - 11:17 PM.

htCCl0m.png

• 40,431 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 11:17 PM

Ariza could've never slowed down Pierce the way Artest did. Lengthy & quick? Sure, but clearly not strong enough.

Besides, we've got a rich man's version of Ariza now in Ebanks.

Edited by    , October 02, 2012 - 11:18 PM.

yo.

#8 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 02, 2012 - 11:28 PM

As awful as Metta is today, Ariza might be even worse. Ariza might have better offensive numbers(still not good numbers), but I've never been sold on his man-to-man defense. I think Metta guarding the other teams' best player every night has helped preserve Kobe's energy. The Lakers would not have won in 2010 without MWP.

Posted Image

#9 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,320 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted October 02, 2012 - 11:41 PM

Yeah he helped, but he thought he had a greater role than he actually did and wanted more than we could give him ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#10 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 12:17 AM

Didnt he want like 8-10 million a season. YEHHHH, most dissapointing. You and your agent tried to cash in big with your "good" finals performance, it backfired now you suck.
Laker fan for life.

#11 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 12:43 AM

As awful as Metta is today, Ariza might be even worse. Ariza might have better offensive numbers(still not good numbers), but I've never been sold on his man-to-man defense. I think Metta guarding the other teams' best player every night has helped preserve Kobe's energy. The Lakers would not have won in 2010 without MWP.

What is your problem did MWP still your girlfriend or what? You're always saying ridiculous and asinine things like this about him that aren't true. He's still a terrific defender. Judging by his training camp pictures he clearly looks to be in terrific basketball shape. If you look at last season sure he got off to a rough start because he was out of shape, but once he got in good shape he started to play really good basketball. In the month of April he averaged over 10 ppg on decent effiency. He was pretty solid in the playoffs. He was probably our third best player after Kobe and Bynum. He's not what he used to be, but he's still a very solid role player.

Edited by Texas Lakers Fan, October 03, 2012 - 12:44 AM.

htCCl0m.png

#12 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 01:03 AM

Ugh, I don't want to start another MWP argument topic for the millionth time.

He just shot under 40% for the 2nd straight season, under 30% from 3, under 62% from the free throw line, has a PER of 11, and had a "great" postseason in which he shot under 37% from the field. Oh, and his defense is declining too. He's having more problems guarding quicker SFs. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on D though because Dwight Howard will be behind him. I look at the entire season, not just specific time frames. And, he was terrible for a lot longer than he was good. It reflects in those numbers.

People keep saying he's in shape. Well, I hope it prevents him from declining for the 5th straight year. So, sorry if I don't have faith in a 33 year old to reverse a downward trend that's been going on for awhile now.

Posted Image

#13 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 01:17 AM

Ugh, I don't want to start another MWP argument topic for the millionth time.

He just shot under 40% for the 2nd straight season, under 30% from 3, under 62% from the free throw line, has a PER of 11, and had a "great" postseason in which he shot under 37% from the field. Oh, and his defense is declining too. He's having more problems guarding quicker SFs. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on D though because Dwight Howard will be behind him. I look at the entire season, not just specific time frames. And, he was terrible for a lot longer than he was good. It reflects in those numbers.

People keep saying he's in shape. Well, I hope it prevents him from declining for the 5th straight year. So, sorry if I don't have faith in a 33 year old to reverse a downward trend that's been going on for awhile now.

Again you keep blatantly ignoring that he was out of shape the first half of the season. Of course his numbers are gonna be low. If you look at the second half of the season he was terrific. In April he averaged 14 points on 47 percent shooting. In May he averaged 11 points. Yeah he didn't shoot well, but neither did anybody on the team. I never denied that his defense has declined, but it's still very good. He's still one of the better perimeter defenders in the game and now he's in argurably the best shape he's been in since he's been a Laker. He will have a huge impact this season.
htCCl0m.png

#14 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,142 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 01:25 AM

Lol someone is butthurt.

#15 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 01:30 AM

Again you keep blatantly ignoring that he was out of shape the first half of the season. Of course his numbers are gonna be low. If you look at the second half of the season he was terrific. In April he averaged 14 points on 47 percent shooting. In May he averaged 11 points. Yeah he didn't shoot well, but neither did anybody on the team. I never denied that his defense has declined, but it's still very good. He's still one of the better perimeter defenders in the game and now he's in argurably the best shape he's been in since he's been a Laker. He will have a huge impact this season.

It's not just this season though. His body of work for the last few years tells me that he's just declining.

At age 33, injuries are a part of the equation. I'm tired of that being used as an excuse.

Posted Image

#16 CameronStewart

CameronStewart

Rookie

• 492 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 03, 2012 - 01:53 AM

Ebanks is not a rich mans version of Trevor Ariza...are you serious? Ebanks is a poor mans Trevor Ariza. For as much mess him and his agent made I actually miss Ariza on the team. He would've developed at a higher pace with the Lakers if he had stayed, but he was a solid player who made some huge plays in that title year.

#17 CameronStewart

CameronStewart

Rookie

• 492 posts
  • Name:Cameron

Posted October 03, 2012 - 01:55 AM

Terrific is a very strong word, I suggest using average.

Edited by CameronStewart, October 03, 2012 - 01:55 AM.

#18 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 02:02 AM

It's not just this season though. His body of work for the last few years tells me that he's just declining.

At age 33, injuries are a part of the equation. I'm tired of that being used as an excuse.

I never denied that he is declining. I'm simply saying he's not an awful basketball player as you claim. He's a solid role player.

Terrific is a very strong word, I suggest using average.

14 ppg on 47 FG% is better than average for a fourth option.
htCCl0m.png

#19 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,409 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted October 03, 2012 - 02:12 AM

Damn would that feel great if we still have Ariza who would provide from the bench or would replace World Peace. He had a great time in LA but didnt he leave because of the bigger contract in Houston? [expletive] slap in our face*** :nah:

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#20 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 03, 2012 - 02:20 AM

I never denied that he is declining. I'm simply saying he's not an awful basketball player as you claim. He's a solid role player.

14 ppg on 47 FG% is better than average for a fourth option.

he was a 3rd option when he recorded the bulk of those good stats... but last year is irrelevant, for EVERY player. this year calls for new roles, and so far im happy with Mettas dedication to his role. Metta has 50% of his role perfected right now,the lockdown defender part, he's slimmed down to regain foot speed on D,BEAUTIFUL. BUT the other 50% of his role is still up in the air...will he be able to hit open 3s and not be the weak link of the Offense??????????? :hmm: if he cant, teams will be able to double one of our big 4 when Metta is in the game :| thats bad, very bad. yes antawn and jodie can sub in for metta and shore up the offense but, they wont be able to defend the other teams best wing player :( alot of this season is on metta.......... this is why i PRAY 2 things 1. Metta hits open 3s 2. CDR is our backup 3 and proves to be our best offensive 3, AND a solid defender.... u say he is a "solid role player" i say, we will see. his role is crucial this year. especially if CDR doesnt make the team..

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, October 03, 2012 - 02:29 AM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users