Photo

Chris Douglas-Roberts Training Camp Signee (Pg. 8 - CDR cut)

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#141 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,689 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted October 20, 2012 - 11:13 AM

It seems like Jodie cannot thrive off the bench like he did last year with the Sixers. But CDR can. He can be Kobe's back up 2.

#142 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 20, 2012 - 11:23 AM

It seems like Jodie cannot thrive off the bench like he did last year with the Sixers. But CDR can. He can be Kobe's back up 2.

this is what ive been saying. let jodie come in for Metta, move kobe to the 3, let nash play with shooters. and let CDR create O in the 2nd unit, which needs that

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#143 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 20, 2012 - 11:39 AM

Meeks is ok so far he has had terrible games but so has jamison. Not expecting anything big from both of them in 5 pre season games. Also i hope CDR does make the team. Hes a good shooter and can be a back up plan if meeks fails.
Posted Image

#144 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 20, 2012 - 06:02 PM

Dave Miller pumping up CDR on SportsNet, saying "Keep this guy." :rock:

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#145 EddieJones

EddieJones

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie, Cooper, Ariza

Posted October 20, 2012 - 06:16 PM

Idk why people constantly say players are garbage for only playing under 7 minutes.... where does that thought process even come into play?

The logic behind that is that a player who doesn't get many game minutes must not be impressing the coach in practice. If the player was good, a coach would theoretically play him more. None of what I say really applies to CDR since this is preseason and minutes are being split to accommodate 20 players. I'm just answering your question from a "generally speaking" point of view.

CDR is an enigma right now. He hasn't really played a lot of minutes and hasn't really impressed me with the minutes he got. Couple that with the fact that he was passed up by every other team (remember, he came to LA very late in the process when he was available all summer). it makes you wonder what the problem is. This guy was a definite NBA caliber player prior to last season, but somehow no one bothered picking him up until us, and since he's been here, coach hasn't really given him the minutes. Strange....

#146 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 20, 2012 - 06:22 PM

The logic behind that is that a player who doesn't get many game minutes must not be impressing the coach in practice. If the player was good, a coach would theoretically play him more. None of what I say really applies to CDR since this is preseason and minutes are being split to accommodate 20 players. I'm just answering your question from a "generally speaking" point of view.

CDR is an enigma right now. He hasn't really played a lot of minutes and hasn't really impressed me with the minutes he got. Couple that with the fact that he was passed up by every other team (remember, he came to LA very late in the process when he was available all summer). it makes you wonder what the problem is. This guy was a definite NBA caliber player prior to last season, but somehow no one bothered picking him up until us, and since he's been here, coach hasn't really given him the minutes. Strange....

Same situation last year with Gerald Green...

Who turned his Post-Laker life into a multi-year, multi-million dollar deal with Indiana to be one of the top players and primary scoring options

#147 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,124 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 20, 2012 - 07:46 PM

Dave Miller pumping up CDR on SportsNet, saying "Keep this guy." :rock:

I second!!!!!! :rock:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#148 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 20, 2012 - 10:03 PM

That has to be the dumbest response I've heard... There is a lot of talent that coaches overlook ex. Devin Harris played for the Dallas Mavericks he didn't get any minutes at all and didn't get his big break til he went to New Jersey and played lights out. And even in his interview he turned down multiple offers to come to the Lakers.. smh

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 10:09 PM

At this point, it'd be a miracle if he makes it. Shocking really.

yo.

#150 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,721 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 21, 2012 - 10:12 PM

At this point, it'd be a miracle if he makes it. Shocking really.

cant tell if sarcastic or not

#151 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,872 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 21, 2012 - 10:20 PM

I still believe ebanks wont do much for this team. If right I think CDR will be the guy to fill in. The 14 or 15 man roster will determine allot to though. Duhon clark and morris's contract is really hurting his chances.

I do think though that if we go 14 man roster and we cant fit CDR in there we might buyout clark due to being hurt and the fact that he sucks. Though it would just seem easier to have a 15 man roster with CDR and then keep clark. Either way clark is gonna get a good amount of his contract.

#152 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 22, 2012 - 07:16 AM

How can you say Clark sucks when he's bad limited playing time?

#153 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,394 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted October 22, 2012 - 12:28 PM

CDR just got cut, damn.

#154 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 12:29 PM

EL SEGUNDO - The Los Angeles Lakers have waived Chris Douglas-Roberts and Greg Somogyi, it was announced today.

Douglas-Roberts, a three-year NBA veteran out of the University of Memphis, was originally selected by the then-New Jersey Nets in the second round (40th overall) of the 2008 NBA Draft. Douglas-Roberts has appeared in 155 NBA games (53 starts) for the Nets and the Milwaukee Bucks, recording career averages of 7.7 points and 2.2 rebounds in 20.6 minutes. The 6-7 forward spent the 2011-12 season playing for Virtus Bologna of the Italian League, where he averaged 12.3 points and 3.0 rebounds in 27.0 minutes. Douglas-Roberts played in four preseason games for Los Angeles where he averaged 4.0 points and 0.8 rebounds in 8.3 minutes.

Somogyi, a 7-3 center out of UC Santa Barbara, played all four years for the Gauchos where he posted career averages of 3.5 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in 12.2 minutes. In three preseason games with the Lakers, Somogyi averaged 1.7 points and 2.7 rebounds in 7.7 minutes.

The Lakers training camp roster now stands at 16 players.

#155 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,303 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted October 22, 2012 - 12:29 PM

OFFICIAL: Lakers waive Chris Douglas-Roberts & Greg Somogyi. The roster now stands at 16.

@Lakers

Edited by KobeBeef24, October 22, 2012 - 12:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users