Photo

Chris Douglas-Roberts Training Camp Signee (Pg. 8 - CDR cut)

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#81 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,525 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 07, 2012 - 08:53 PM

A lot of members here just say anything not knowing a dayum thing about the players or watching any games..... It's annoying really

oh the irony

#82 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 07, 2012 - 08:53 PM

CDR played really well, from the D he put on a pg in one possesion, to his beautiful and 1 layup,to his 3, and he also went coast to coast and drew a shooting foul. i was rootin hard for him.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

• 40,431 posts

Posted October 07, 2012 - 08:56 PM

i was rootin hard for him.

I am too cause he already deserves to make it. He can have a few poor games in my eyes and still should make it based on what he's already shown he can do and has done throughout his career (more than Ebanks, Morris, Glock, or Duhon, etc have ever done).

CDR could probably give us a consistent 7-8 points off the bench. He could play like a younger Matt Barnes minus the stupidity and with a better knack for scoring. I could see him doing very well in the transition game with Nash and cutting backdoor in our half-court sets. Hoping he makes the final cut, we need a player like that spotting minutes at the 3.

:rock:

Edited by    , October 07, 2012 - 08:57 PM.

yo.

#84 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 07, 2012 - 09:06 PM

You mad that you got exposed for not knowing what you were talking about?

:yawn:
Posted Image

#85 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 07, 2012 - 09:13 PM

last year we had two backup SFs, i dont think Ebanks is consistent enough to just leave the job to him, i hope my brown sees this. CDR is just ,,,,a scorer that our bench could use, dammit, our bench would not have a bad scoring night if they had this group out there : blake,meeks,CDR,jamison,hill. take away one of those 4 guys who can put the ball in the hole and it could be scoring problems for our bench,could be,imo

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#86 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 07, 2012 - 09:42 PM

Yeah CDR should make the team. Be very disappointed if he doesn't. Cheap young talent like this should be secured. I'm hopeful management realise and understand this.

#87 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,525 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 07, 2012 - 10:16 PM

:yawn:

thats a yeah

#88 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,808 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 08, 2012 - 03:14 AM

needs to be on the team

#89 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,174 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted October 08, 2012 - 05:02 AM

He was one of the cheap wing players I mentioned we should look at last season. Length & athleticism is needed for change of tempo vs certain teams. Playing alongside Kobe will only make him better. Hope he makes the team. But to those that dont think Ebanks is ready you are wrong. He needs meaningful time alongside the starters to get the most out of him.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#90 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 08, 2012 - 01:44 PM

oh the irony

can i go to one damn thread today where you two arent insulting each other? are we gonna need to break out the sockem boppers? oh those were fun lol

cdr for mayor. stupid tattoos(faygo lol) but was a lock in my mind before seeing him in purple and gold. hopefully they can find room for him

Edited by SweatShop, October 08, 2012 - 03:15 PM.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#91 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,323 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 08, 2012 - 01:54 PM

He was one of the cheap wing players I mentioned we should look at last season. Length & athleticism is needed for change of tempo vs certain teams. Playing alongside Kobe will only make him better. Hope he makes the team. But to those that dont think Ebanks is ready you are wrong. He needs meaningful time alongside the starters to get the most out of him.

Ebanks actually did pretty well out there, improved on his range a bit a,d his shot looks more confident. Few rough edges but he did well.. CDR is ahead of him but Ebanks was no slouch.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#92 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,174 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 02:05 PM

Ebanks actually did pretty well out there, improved on his range a bit a,d his shot looks more confident. Few rough edges but he did well.. CDR is ahead of him but Ebanks was no slouch.

I want Ebanks out there! He should be the first off the bench for MWP. HE is ready to be unleashed. I dont think CDR is ahead of him but we will see soon enough. Coach Brown has to be willing to not be foolish like he was last year and play all the talent on the bench

#93 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 02:31 PM

Yeah CDR should make the team. Be very disappointed if he doesn't. Cheap young talent like this should be secured. I'm hopeful management realise and understand this.

right , cdr's versatility vs undersized 2's that cant even really combo. not hard imo

Edited by SweatShop, October 08, 2012 - 02:32 PM.

Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#94 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,323 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 02:34 PM

I want Ebanks out there! He should be the first off the bench for MWP. HE is ready to be unleashed. I dont think CDR is ahead of him but we will see soon enough. Coach Brown has to be willing to not be foolish like he was last year and play all the talent on the bench

Honestly having CDR Meeks and Ebanks on the team is extremely beneficial

We can run lineups of

Meeks
CDR
Jamison

or

CDR
Ebanks
Jamison

depending. That adds versatility actually. Because Meeks can be vital against some defenses we're facing while CDR can be vital against others. Having THOSE type of options on a bench is awesome!!

#95 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 02:39 PM

ebanks may( it's debatable) be a better fit with starters but if it comes down to resting the starters and holding a lead i think cdr is more useful. thought the beauty of that is they could both be in at that time. we could have a guard or sf injury and not miss a beat, perhaps even improve.

#96 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,174 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 02:42 PM

ebanks may( it's debatable) be a better fit with starters but if it comes down to resting the starters and holding a lead i think cdr is more useful. thought the beauty of that is they could both be in at that time. we could have a guard or sf injury and not miss a beat, perhaps even improve.

^^I agree

• 40,431 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 03:24 PM

are we gonna need to break out the sockem boppers? oh those were fun lol

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/654-sockem-boppers/page__st__40

yo.

#98 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,288 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 08, 2012 - 03:29 PM

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/654-sockem-boppers/page__st__40

A cousin knocked out a loose tooth of mine with those when I was a kid. Good times.

#99 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,323 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:04 PM

Jordan Hill's recent injury makes it all the more dire for CDR to make this team because his chances went down. Being that we HAVE to sign Sacre now.

But to be honest, Sacre on our bench unit probably isn't so bad.... But let's see our rosters

Nash / Blake / Morris / Duhon
Kobe / Meeks / Goudelock / DJO
Artest / CDR / Ebanks
Pau / Jamison / Clark
Dwight / Hill / Sacre

Those are all the people on our roster or potential for spots that's 17 spots, we can only have 15

But due to process of elimination, because of Hill's injury and the apparent "HAVE" to sign Sacre...

It means that CDR has a chance of not making the team... which sucks!!!

Duhon being on this team knocks us all out of whack to be honest.

Because if DJO went to the D-league and Sacre went down to the D-league that would make this final roster lineup 15 which is fine cause the rest of the people would already have contracts and DJO and Sacre would be D-league projects.. Which is all possible, but because we NEED Sacre now, only DJO would go down to the d-league which leaves us one roster spot ahead <_< at 16....

So....yeah... not good.. on ANY front.

Edited by Majesty, October 08, 2012 - 06:05 PM.

#100 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:09 PM

On Yahoo! Sports, Lakers’ CDR Could Give CPR to Lifeless SF Position – Fan’s Analysis
http://sports.yahoo....00840--nba.html

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users