Photo

Chris Douglas-Roberts Training Camp Signee (Pg. 8 - CDR cut)

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#61 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 02, 2012 - 10:52 AM

Why would you put CDR on the D-fenders..he is already NBA talent. Put Morris or Glock down there.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#62 El Diablo

El Diablo

U Mad?

• 5,232 posts
  • Name:El Diablo
  • Fan Since:Birth aka 1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson and Kobe Bryant

Posted October 02, 2012 - 11:11 AM

Nash
Kobe
MWP
Pau
Dwight

Blake
Meeks
Ebanks
Jamison
Hill

Morris
Goude
CDR
Clarke
Sacre

thats our 15! I hope.

Duhon is guaranteed it would be expensive to just cut him and I doubt they do.

Posted Image

#63 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 02, 2012 - 01:26 PM

i know i know Durant is that good.

id def consider putting clark on durant over ebanks. well i would give ebanks the shot because he is less of a liability in other areas but clark has the length and foot speed. durants gonna get his but clark has done pretty well on him before.

gotta like this signing, make ebanks work for it lol. cdr is a more versatile player who has even filled in for harris at backup pg when he was with the nets. not an optimal situation but he did well considering. he can create his own shot and is not a bad defender.

the way the roster is now, the lakers need that 2-3 guy just in case meeks isnt shooting well or someone gets injured. i like his size on the defensive end over meeks as well for the ease of switches, rotations and being less likely to be targeted for an iso / mismatch

ebanks could arguably be a better fit with more starters in the game if he can hit shots and play d but without a doubt, cdr is better for the bench in terms of keeping starters off the floor and providing a scoring punch when needed.

hmm, whos gonna get the axe? goudelock better shoot like he has never shot before or show some miraculous pg skills. the lakers love versatility and this man will bring it
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#64 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 02, 2012 - 01:31 PM

Duhon is guaranteed it would be expensive to just cut him and I doubt they do.

yes but not as expensive as spending 100 mil to get 2nd place. i think he(cdr) could be the key to the personnel changes i and some others were suspecting
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#65 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,114 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted October 02, 2012 - 01:54 PM

id def consider putting clark on durant over ebanks. well i would give ebanks the shot because he is less of a liability in other areas but clark has the length and foot speed. durants gonna get his but clark has done pretty well on him before.

gotta like this signing, make ebanks work for it lol. cdr is a more versatile player who has even filled in for harris at backup pg when he was with the nets. not an optimal situation but he did well considering. he can create his own shot and is not a bad defender.

the way the roster is now, the lakers need that 2-3 guy just in case meeks isnt shooting well or someone gets injured. i like his size on the defensive end over meeks as well for the ease of switches, rotations and being less likely to be targeted for an iso / mismatch

ebanks could arguably be a better fit with more starters in the game if he can hit shots and play d but without a doubt, cdr is better for the bench in terms of keeping starters off the floor and providing a scoring punch when needed.

hmm, whos gonna get the axe? goudelock better shoot like he has never shot before or show some miraculous pg skills. the lakers love versatility and this man will bring it

Hey do you think you could find any footage of clark guarding Durant? or would that be a little hard to come by

#66 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,654 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 02, 2012 - 02:17 PM

Nash
Kobe
MWP
Pau
Dwight

Blake
Meeks
Ebanks
Jamison
Hill

Morris
Goude
CDR
Clarke
Sacre

thats our 15! I hope.

I thought the max roster was chagned to 13?

• 40,377 posts

Posted October 02, 2012 - 02:39 PM

Nash
Kobe
MWP
Pau
Dwight

Blake
Meeks
CDR
Jamison
Hill

Morris
Goude
Ebanks
Clarke
Sacre

thats our 15! I hope.

Fixed.

Wow I was the only person in this forum who said anything about CDR but okay but I pray he signs with us need his hustle and I hope he has worked on his jumper

I asked about him a while back in the NBA Talk section cause I hadn't heard from him in a minute. Great to see him suddenly pop up, no less with us.

Why would you put CDR on the D-fenders..he is already NBA talent. Put Morris or Glock down there.

Exactly. It'd be a major slap in the face to send him down to the D-league.

Edited by    , October 02, 2012 - 02:39 PM.

yo.

#68 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted October 02, 2012 - 04:47 PM

I like CDR, He was one of my preferred him when we were looking at FA's, hope he makes the team
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#69 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted October 02, 2012 - 05:25 PM

I would not understand Mitch cutting him, all of our current SF's are pretty much offensive liabilities, and this guy can score.

Edited by JSaber20, October 02, 2012 - 05:25 PM.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#70 cobyjacks

cobyjacks

Rookie

• 184 posts
  • Name:DBrown
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean/Metta World Peace

Posted October 02, 2012 - 06:35 PM

Wait was this guy playing last season? What's the knock on him? Why didnt he have an NBA job? Seems too good to be true.

#71 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 03, 2012 - 05:18 AM

He played overseas during the lockout I hope he improved his jump shot cause his defense and Steve Nash giving him passes will be insane

• 40,377 posts

Posted October 07, 2012 - 08:28 PM

Ebanks is way better than CDR. I don't know why some of you don't get it. No way in heck CDR makes this team.

yo.

#73 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 07, 2012 - 08:29 PM

:rolleyes:
Posted Image

• 40,377 posts

Posted October 07, 2012 - 08:34 PM

^ What's wrong? You suddenly don't agree with that? Have a change of heart?

yo.

#75 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 07, 2012 - 08:35 PM

Yeah cdr the best. He should start.
Posted Image

• 40,377 posts

Posted October 07, 2012 - 08:38 PM

:laughing:

I just wish you'd admit you were wrong initially. That's all I want, but I don't think you're gonna' provide me with that satisfaction and that's fine. I've accepted that already. Too much pride.

yo.

#77 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 07, 2012 - 08:39 PM

:laughing:

I just wish you'd admit you were wrong initially. That's all I want, but I don't think you're gonna' provide me with that satisfaction and that's fine. I've accepted that already. Too much pride.

A lot of members here just say anything not knowing a dayum thing about the players or watching any games..... It's annoying really

#78 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted October 07, 2012 - 08:42 PM

Wait was this guy playing last season? What's the knock on him? Why didnt he have an NBA job? Seems too good to be true.

Well he's a legit NBA level scorer. One of those guys who'll give you 8-10 every night off the bench and sometimes 20

Can score any way you want

Lockout is what put him overseas. But he's an NBA player. Moreso than Gerald green
Posted Image

#79 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,417 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 07, 2012 - 08:48 PM

:rolleyes:

You mad that you got exposed for not knowing what you were talking about?

#80 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,356 posts

Posted October 07, 2012 - 08:49 PM

A lot of members here just say anything not knowing a dayum thing about the players or watching any games..... It's annoying really

I know. It's really annoying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users