61 replies to this topic

#41 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 01, 2012 - 04:57 PM

Must Haves: Nash,Kobe,Metta,Pau,Dwight,Hill,Jamison,Meeks,Blake,CDR,Ebum,Clark?duhon?
Maybe: GLock,Sacre,Odom-johnson,
doubt/Dleague only: morris

if morris could shoot id have him above DJO ..saw good intangables from DJO in Summer League, good vision, and good handles too..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#42 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 03, 2012 - 05:23 AM

Must Haves: Nash,Kobe,Metta,Pau,Dwight,Hill,Jamison,Meeks,Blake,CDR,Ebum,Clark?duhon?
Maybe: GLock,Sacre,Odom-johnson,
doubt/Dleague only: morris

if morris could shoot id have him above DJO ..saw good intangables from DJO in Summer League, good vision, and good handles too..

Morris improved his jump shot and he's going to make the the final roster the only players that may not make the team are all the camp invites and Goudelock, DJO, or Sacre... But with the Douglas-Roberts signing it seems like DJO and Goudelock will most likely not make the final roster

#43 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,320 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted October 03, 2012 - 07:07 AM

Damn I would like to see DJO smash some rims during the season .. but then again .. you gotta do other things good if you wanna be with this team.

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#44 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 08:12 AM

From what I've read and heard from reporters on the radio, the Lakers will carry 13, possibly 14 if necessary.

Final 14 man roster -

C: Howard / Hill
PF: Gasol / Jamison / Clark
SF: World Peace / Ebanks / Chris Douglas Roberts (sleeper)
SG: Bryant / Meeks
PG: Nash / Blake / Duhon / Morris

BUT if Howard cannot start the season, they may add Sacre to be #15 just until D12 gets back.

#45 thrilla86

thrilla86

Rookie

• 219 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 03, 2012 - 08:15 AM

From what I've read and heard from reporters on the radio, the Lakers will carry 13, possibly 14 if necessary.

Final 14 man roster -

BUT if Howard cannot start the season, they may add Sacre to be #15 just until D12 gets back.

This is a SOLID lineup.

#46 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 03, 2012 - 08:15 AM

Final 14 man roster -

I'm really interested in seeing what they do with the PG overload (maybe play some of them as 2 guards?).

#47 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,136 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 03, 2012 - 08:18 AM

I'm really interested in seeing what they do with the PG overload (maybe play some of them as 2 guards?).

No they will play them as bench players

#48 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 03, 2012 - 08:26 AM

yeh, I'm not too thrilled about our bench PGs

Pau Gasol is GONE

#49 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 03, 2012 - 10:39 AM

No they will play them as bench players

Yeah but given how little a 3rd string player will ever play (only garbage time really), it doesn't make sense to have a 4th string player unless we plan to send him to the D League. I guess they might do that with Morris? :unsure:

#50 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,320 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted October 03, 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hey if Duhon doesn't do [expletive] in the preseason games can we please dump him and replace him with Goudelock or DJO ? :laughing:

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#51 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,136 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 03, 2012 - 11:10 AM

^ Still have to pay him and then we have to pay the new guy too to make a position that doesnt even play a little better.People need to relize even though duhon is horrible we just have to deal with him.

#52 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,590 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted October 03, 2012 - 02:02 PM

I have a feeling Darius Morris could see an increased role. There has been a lot of emphasis on him over the course of the offseason, from the training staff, assistant coaches, even Mike Brown mentioning him first yesterday when discussing the bench, saying that he's excited about him having a year under his belt.

It's just a gut feeling, but from what I have seen it makes sense to me that he could see more minutes than people expect. I don't think Steve Blake is a lock for the backup role at all, and with him being out with a foot injury guys like Duhon and Morris have a chance to make a run at that spot. LA needs a guy who can come in for Nash and change the pace of the game, having some younger more athletic guys behind Nash would be very beneficial.

But it's still Blake's spot to lose, and I know he has the most clout of all the reserve point guards. Morris is my sleeper pick to win that role though, it all just depends on if he can handle the decision making and if all that time in the gym improved his jumper as they say it has. I'm pulling for him.

#53 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 03:34 PM

Morris improved his jump shot and he's going to make the the final roster the only players that may not make the team are all the camp invites and Goudelock, DJO, or Sacre... But with the Douglas-Roberts signing it seems like DJO and Goudelock will most likely not make the final roster

too much blind faith in morris u have ,my jedi

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#54 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted October 03, 2012 - 06:30 PM

I have a feeling Darius Morris could see an increased role. There has been a lot of emphasis on him over the course of the offseason, from the training staff, assistant coaches, even Mike Brown mentioning him first yesterday when discussing the bench, saying that he's excited about him having a year under his belt.

It's just a gut feeling, but from what I have seen it makes sense to me that he could see more minutes than people expect. I don't think Steve Blake is a lock for the backup role at all, and with him being out with a foot injury guys like Duhon and Morris have a chance to make a run at that spot. LA needs a guy who can come in for Nash and change the pace of the game, having some younger more athletic guys behind Nash would be very beneficial.

But it's still Blake's spot to lose, and I know he has the most clout of all the reserve point guards. Morris is my sleeper pick to win that role though, it all just depends on if he can handle the decision making and if all that time in the gym improved his jumper as they say it has. I'm pulling for him.

This.

The Hate for Morris is out of hand on this site. He has the highest work ethic out of every guy on the roster not named Kobe and the entire coaching staff is watching him very closely. He was the best guy on the team during the summer league (thats not saying much) Second best guy was Christian Eyenga and hes gone. He has been working diligently hopefully it pays off. Last thing all of you saying you are counting Darius Morris first year games are seriously just hating he played what 16 or 19 games and most of them were for what a minute? get real.

#55 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 07:15 PM

This.

The Hate for Morris is out of hand on this site. He has the highest work ethic out of every guy on the roster not named Kobe and the entire coaching staff is watching him very closely. He was the best guy on the team during the summer league (thats not saying much) Second best guy was Christian Eyenga and hes gone. He has been working diligently hopefully it pays off. Last thing all of you saying you are counting Darius Morris first year games are seriously just hating he played what 16 or 19 games and most of them were for what a minute? get real.

People hate on Morris on this site for reason and that's because there are a few members here who believe Darius Morris is the second coming of Magic Johnson. People got tired of it so whenever Morris is brought up, they hate on him. Before this off-season, people were hoping the kid grew into something more but after some of the comments during the Summer, users just can't stand when Morris is talked about, it's simply a tiring topic.

Also Darius Morris has the fourth best work ethic on this team behind Kobe, Metta, and Dwight. Just thought I'd point that out.

Everyone hopes Morris grows into something more, but the fact is he hasn't shown anything except for in summer league. It's still important to remember the guy was a second round pick. It hit or miss with those type of players. Morris is still very turnover prone, struggles to slow down the game, and is just very erratic on the court (all things he struggled with in college).

I hope his hard work pays off, we'll see in pre-season what he is able to do.

#56 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,557 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 03, 2012 - 08:42 PM

Cant belive why people are down on Morris.

Not that he is the second coming of Magic Johnson, but when the alternatives are Steve Blake and Chris Duhon, who both are overpaid and underachieving and will be gone next season i think Morris could and should see some minutes. Obviously, if he doesn't show any improvement he will be gone, but PGs often come into their own during their second and third season, so he should get the chance.

#57 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 11:36 PM

Its not that Darius wont be good in years to come its just that from what we've seen last year and this years summer league he's not ready to contribute right now. Thats the point. His jumper is pretty bad and you can't be a PG in today's game and not have a half decent jumper unless you're incredibly skilled off the dribble (Rondo). Morris has trouble getting by his man too. He has decent footspeed, is a better player overall in the open court than half court but then again he's been turnover prone. He has a good build and size, maybe he needs to re-do his game into being a defensive stopper/hustler like Toney Allen did. WHen he came into the league he was suppose to be a PG but his Jumper/passing/handles were not up to par for NBA standards so he worked his tail off to become one of the best defenders in the game. if Darius works hard, uses his head he can transform his game into someone like that because his build is similar to Allen's

Edited by MDI, October 03, 2012 - 11:39 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#58 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 11:42 PM

Its not that Darius wont be good in years to come its just that from what we've seen last year and this years summer league he's not ready to contribute right now. Thats the point. His jumper is pretty bad and you can't be a PG in today's game and not have a half decent jumper unless you're incredibly skilled off the dribble (Rondo). Morris has trouble getting by his man too. He has decent footspeed, is a better player overall in the open court than half court but then again he's been turnover prone. He has a good build and size, maybe he needs to re-do his game into being a defensive stopper/hustler like Toney Allen did. WHen he came into the league he was suppose to be a PG but his Jumper/passing/handles were not up to par for NBA stands so he worked his tail off to become one of the best defenders in the game. if Darius works hard, uses his head he can transform his game into someone like that because his build is similar to Allen's

morris could be a smaller Allen, perfect example is avery bradley, who is not skilled on offense.. i agree with u on morris tho, he needs to improve his Jumper. at this point i like DJO better than Morris, i, know for a fact from what ive seen that DJO can play the point, his jumper is smooth, and we all know about his athleticism.. Glock is also my guy, he played very well last season for us,imo, he was our only spark off of the bench in about 10 games last year..

#59 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted October 03, 2012 - 11:45 PM

morris could be a smaller Allen, perfect example is avery bradley, who is not skilled on offense.. i agree with u on morris tho, he needs to improve his Jumper. at this point i like DJO better than Morris, i, know for a fact from what ive seen that DJO can play the point, his jumper is smooth, and we all know about his athleticism.. Glock is also my guy, he played very well last season for us,imo, he was our only spark off of the bench in about 10 games last year..

unfortunately only 1 of the 3 will make the team and the other 2 might be sent to the D-fenders or get cut? Not sure how its gonna work. They spent 500k to get DJO and on top of that are paying his $442,000 or whatever the rookie 2nd round pick salary is. He has a chance too. Glock is the best player out of the 3 but Mike Brown doesn't like him at all

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#60 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 06:23 AM

unfortunately only 1 of the 3 will make the team and the other 2 might be sent to the D-fenders or get cut? Not sure how its gonna work. They spent 500k to get DJO and on top of that are paying his $442,000 or whatever the rookie 2nd round pick salary is. He has a chance too. Glock is the best player out of the 3 but Mike Brown doesn't like him at all

How is Goudleock the best out of the three? Did you see the summer league? And he can't dribble at all or play defense and in the summer league he couldn't hit anything.... I know people get on my case about Morris but at least he can beat someone off the dribble and has improved his jumper and gained a lot of muscle coming into this season and DJO is better than Goudleock too because he can actually stay in front of his man and is way more athletic and finishing at the rim.... And we don't even know if DJO can play PG because I didn't see him looking for his team mates in summer league

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users