Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 30, 2012 - 06:37 AM

Was that a serious statement?

Absolutely. He only needs some decent PT and he'll learn how to pass and how to play D. We need shooters on this roster, we've got plenty of perimeter defenders in Kobe, Metta and Ebanks.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#22 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:06 AM

Absolutely. He only needs some decent PT and he'll learn how to pass and how to play D. We need shooters on this roster, we've got plenty of perimeter defenders in Kobe, Metta and Ebanks.

Lol he's going to be 23 I doubt it the ceiling for him is really low

#23 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,934 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:21 AM

Goudelock is the best shooter on the team after Nash, he needs to stay. He has high IQ, he can use that 3pt prowess to get by his man for floaters, when given time he has produced. How can we expect consistency out of someone who gets inconsistent minutes?

Edited by MDI, September 30, 2012 - 07:24 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#24 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:55 AM

Goudelock must remain a Laker. He is just an outstanding shooter who can also get to the paint and score with his smooth tear drop. Keep him, please!

lol

#25 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted September 30, 2012 - 08:14 AM

Lol he's going to be 23 I doubt it the ceiling for him is really low

23 is young and still has time to improve.

Aren't you the guy that has a man crush on the scrub morris? :laughing:

#26 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,847 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 30, 2012 - 09:56 AM

Goudelock is a better shooter than Kobe, World Peace and Meeks?!

Dude, time to get outside. Goudelock is an undersized 2 guard that is nowhere near as good as you think he is. If he had to go to make room for somebody else, so be it.

#27 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted September 30, 2012 - 10:59 AM

I think Glock and Morris deserve a chance. That's all. If they haven't improve then so be it .. They won't stick around for much longer if that is the case. But the bottom line is we need to start developing some young players, 'cause Kobe and Nash won't play forever and Mitch might not be able to do miracle moves every year ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#28 fido

fido

• 10,847 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 02:15 PM

They deserve a chance to play in front of who? Who is giving up playing time to let those guys run?

The fact is this is not the team or the time to experiment with unproven guys. These next 3 seasons are about playing guys who are capable of winning and helping right now.

Goudelock and Morris are not those guys.

#29 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 30, 2012 - 02:46 PM

I just wanna see what you guys think the final 12 players will be on Oct. 30

I Think.....
Nash
Kobe
Metta
Gasol
Howard
Blake
Meeks
Ebanks
Jamison
Hill
Clark
Duhon

pretty sure its a 13 man active roster now, at least thats what they said was happening last feb. the top 10 or 11 are a lock, the rest will come down to injuries, need , and performance.
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#30 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 30, 2012 - 03:07 PM

Dude, time to get outside. Goudelock is an undersized 2 guard that is nowhere near as good as you think he is. If he had to go to make room for somebody else, so be it.

metta is not a good shooter. he's actually one of the worst shooters I've ever seen.

Glock can be a productive spot up shooter (a la paxson, kerr, armstrong, fisher) for us if given minutes.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#31 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 30, 2012 - 03:14 PM

I think Glock and Morris deserve a chance. That's all. If they haven't improve then so be it .. They won't stick around for much longer if that is the case. But the bottom line is we need to start developing some young players, 'cause Kobe and Nash won't play forever and Mitch might not be able to do miracle moves every year ..

they have to get talent worthy of being developed first, not always easy when you are a contender. tbh, thats the last thing they need to worry about right now being so heavily invested in the next few seasons. they can always tank a season after to get earlier picks. any young guy is not going to get better than third string/dleague unless they earn it, and really its not like the lakers need to follow the same team building strategies of lesser clubs.

sure it would be great to have amazing scouts that pull players out of thin air for nothing but that causes problems as well when it comes to resigning players that have significantly increased their value. thats what sucks for these teams that have to build around youth and draft picks, it gets nearly impossible to keep everyone.

they can always get their youth out of free agency lol
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#32 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:33 PM

23 is young and still has time to improve.

Aren't you the guy that has a man crush on the scrub morris? :laughing:

Morris is wayyyy better than Goudelock and Morris is a 6'5" PG who is quick and can pass and handle the ball and Goudelock can't even do anything but shoot and he's not good enough to even just stick in the league on that alone Idk what's the obsession with Goudelock

#33 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,666 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted September 30, 2012 - 07:51 PM

Morris is wayyyy better than Goudelock and Morris is a 6'5" PG who is quick and can pass and handle the ball and Goudelock can't even do anything but shoot and he's not good enough to even just stick in the league on that alone Idk what's the obsession with Goudelock

Dude enough Morris is a [expletive]ing scrub why can't you comprehend what anyone says.

#34 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 08:12 PM

He is not quick......wtf are you talking about.

Oh and stats say otherwise.

Whats your obsession with Morris? Is he your boyfriend or something?

They are both scrubs.

#35 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,934 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 08:15 PM

I think hes better than World Peace and Meeks in shooting the ball with Kobe's fingers the way they are not sure if 3 ball is a reliable weapon anymore for Kobe. If there's an open 3 available I want this guy to take it. Maybe you should have more faith in the guy because he actually produced when given minutes unlike the rest of the guards Mike played last year from the bench.

Steve Blake missed 10 games last year in January, Goudelock filled in admirably as backup PG, in almost 12 minutes, scored 5 points 44% FG, 44% from 3s

Thats coming off the bench mind you, playing next to Kapono, World Peace, McRoberts and Bynum/Gasol. Not exactly a world beater lineup. Imagine how productive he'd be next to Kobe, Nash and Dwight

Edited by MDI, September 30, 2012 - 08:20 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#36 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,450 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 30, 2012 - 08:38 PM

I think hes better than World Peace and Meeks in shooting the ball with Kobe's fingers the way they are not sure if 3 ball is a reliable weapon anymore for Kobe. If there's an open 3 available I want this guy to take it. Maybe you should have more faith in the guy because he actually produced when given minutes unlike the rest of the guards Mike played last year from the bench.

Steve Blake missed 10 games last year in January, Goudelock filled in admirably as backup PG, in almost 12 minutes, scored 5 points 44% FG, 44% from 3s

Thats coming off the bench mind you, playing next to Kapono, World Peace, McRoberts and Bynum/Gasol. Not exactly a world beater lineup. Imagine how productive he'd be next to Kobe, Nash and Dwight

Goudelock is arguably our second best shooter behind Nahs. But the problem isn't his shooting, it's the fact that he does nothing else. He cant distribute the ball, so he needs to play with a PG, and he cant defend 2s (or 1s) so he needs to play with a big PG who can guard the 2.

I think we're better off using Johnson-Odom instead. He is also a good shooter as well as an intense and willing defender.

Otherwise, looking at our final roster, i think we're in great shape. Im not sure how it is possible to defend this team.

The one weakness IMO is our back-up SF. If Artest gets injured (or suspended) im not sure that i trust Devin Ebanks enough to carry the workload. I really hope we find someone who can fill that role.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, September 30, 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#37 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,934 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 08:45 PM

Goudelock is arguably our second best shooter behind Nahs. But the problem isn't his shooting, it's the fact that he does nothing else. He cant distribute the ball, so he needs to play with a PG, and he cant defend 2s (or 1s) so he needs to play with a big PG who can guard the 2.

I think we're better off using Johnson-Odom instead. He is also a good shooter as well as an intense and willing defender.

But this is the bench we're talkin about, as long as we play even and dont let up leads we should be fine. Look at Steve Blake, the prototypical backup PG but he was unaggressive and unproductive wasting away precious minutes. So what if hes bad at Defense at least he's matching it with production on offense? When we won rings in 09 and 10 our bench wasn't known for their defense, Shannon Brown's Defense was good in 09 but it fell off considerably the next year, if he can produce he deserves a rotation spot. There we games in Utah and Denver last year guys like Earl Watson and Ty Lawson were pressing the hell out of him from the backcourt to frontcourt and he did just fine, Glock may not have great court vision but the guy has adequate handles and is very aggressive. If there is an open teammate he'll give em the ball

Id rather have someone who has acceptable amount of skills with an aggressive attitude then someone with a broken jumper or stage fright

Edited by MDI, September 30, 2012 - 08:48 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#38 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 10:06 PM

He is not quick......wtf are you talking about.

Oh and stats say otherwise.

Whats your obsession with Morris? Is he your boyfriend or something?

They are both scrubs.

You have your opinion I have mine instead of just co signing with what everybody else says how about you actually watch some GAMES and stop reading me stats. but it's coo though either I'm going to be right or wrong... I'm just shocked how many people can deem someone a scrub when he's only 21 and has a very high ceiling smh

Dude enough Morris is a [expletive]ing scrub why can't you comprehend what anyone says.

I really don't care what anyone says about the players I deem good or bad... cause either they will play good or they will play bad... Everybody was against me for the Gerald Green debate and see how that turned out? and everybody was against me when I said Bynum was the problem and everybody read me his stats and a lot of other things but playing with no heart doesn't come up on a stat sheet.. [expletive] is annoying I swear people don't even watch games

#39 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 10:31 PM

You have your opinion I have mine instead of just co signing with what everybody else says how about you actually watch some GAMES and stop reading me stats. but it's coo though either I'm going to be right or wrong... I'm just shocked how many people can deem someone a scrub when he's only 21 and has a very high ceiling smh

I did......and they were NBA games.....the only games that matter.

#40 fido

fido

• 10,847 posts

Posted October 01, 2012 - 04:51 PM

Metta's / Ron's FG% was not up to snuff last year, but career wise and when he's in shape (which he is now) Metta is a good shooter. Don't let one half of on season blind you to what he does career wise or when he's in shape.

And if Goudelock is to get 5 minutes time when it matters who does he play in front of?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users