• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 emplay

emplay

Rookie

• 878 posts

Posted September 29, 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hey all,

I’ve got my first preseason rankings up for the upcoming NBA Season!

http://www.hoopsworl...season-rankings

So did I short your team? Any surprises?

I look forward to seeing where I’m right and where I’m wrong.

Lakers #3, Clippers #6

(If you know me and my style - I always give respect to the two teams who made the NBA Finals last - things change once the ball tips).

Thanks

Eric
Check me at at the LA Times at BasketballInsiders.com and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/EricPincus

#2 jwehrheim

jwehrheim

Rookie

• 32 posts
  • Name:Jared
  • Fan Since:At age 10
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 29, 2012 - 11:25 AM

Can't disagree with the top six, although I believe the Lakers will quickly jump above the Heat and Thunder. The team I'm curious about is the Bulls - even with Rose's injury, I think they are ranked way too low. The reason they have been great the past two seasons is their defense. They were the top seed in the East last year, even though they got ravaged by injuries to Rose and others. Personally, I have them at nine, about even with Memphis and above teams like Indiana and the two New York teams.

By the way, I think the standings are all sorts of messed up. Some are based on records from the 66- game season, some from an 82- game season, and pretty much all of them don't match the teams they are aligned with.

Edited by jwehrheim, September 29, 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#3 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,575 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted September 29, 2012 - 07:29 PM

Sixers are way too low. Knicks too high. Pacers too low.

#4 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,918 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 29, 2012 - 10:15 PM

Did you even look at what you posted?
Standings are mangled to a comical way...

I think the hornets are very low...
Eric Gordon ALONE makes them better then the 3rd worst team. and then they got that guy with the number one pick....

#5 emplay

emplay

Rookie

• 878 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 09:30 AM

There was an IT issue on that part - standings - should be fixed by now.

I'm not sold at all on Hornets - Gordon or no
Check me at at the LA Times at BasketballInsiders.com and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/EricPincus

#6 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,011 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted September 30, 2012 - 05:22 PM

like the rankings. just a few differences in OPINION. i think the Nuggets are just as good as any team in the West now other than us and OKC(we are the best). The Griz,imo are just a lil bit below the clips/nugz. i like the nugz size and rebounding, i like their pg, and they have 3 2nd tier scorers at the 2/3. i like where he put the warriors ,ahead of the twolves and other 8th seed possibles. i like the Warriors bcuz the have 5 players who can really score the ball - Thompson, Curry, Bogut, Lee and Jack.. I like his "nets have 2nd in east potential" statement, they are already better than the knicks imo, by far, but not in his opinion.. williams,brooks,johnson,wallace are great on the wings, and i think that Lopez and humprhries are mismatches for MIA, potential series clinching mismatches.....

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, September 30, 2012 - 05:24 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users