Photo

Los Angeles Lakers: Updates From Practice

Dwight not worried touches come with effort Nash and Blake improving Kobe practicing

• Please log in to reply
694 replies to this topic

#81 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,352 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 27, 2012 - 11:38 AM

Posted Image

Does Glock have a contract ? I mean is there a chance he won't be with the team ?

#82 cobyjacks

cobyjacks

Rookie

• 184 posts
  • Name:DBrown
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean/Metta World Peace

Posted September 27, 2012 - 02:53 PM

The homie Earl is doing work.

Posted Image

I forgot all about this guy & from the sounds of things I think he'll help us lock down defensively. Man, we have so much versatility @ PF. let's get it!

#83 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,142 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 27, 2012 - 03:01 PM

@LakersReporter

Another day of scrimmages at LAL's facility. Johnson-Odom had a game winning dunk in first run.

Earl Clark, over to LAL in the @DwightHoward trade, is blocking a ton of shots today. Has great length for a 3/4.

In NBA runs like this, games are often to 13. A nice odd number in between 11 & 21. Sometimes they'll go to 11 if fewer subs are around.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#84 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,142 posts

Posted September 27, 2012 - 04:52 PM

Scrimmage today!

You see a little bit of Goudelock there. Also Matt Barnes working out with the team. And wait...was that Arenas :blink:

So Fisher, Barnes, and Arenas are working out with the Lakers? Nice

Love watching DJO and Morris go at it, DJO is a good defender and they'll challenge each other.

Also liked the alley oop!

But I must say it was nice seeing Goudelock out there hitting threes.

And Fisher got scored on again :P So did Morris at the beginning of the video. Both by Goudelock.

Edit: YES that is Arenas out there with them along with barnes and fisher and mobley

@Lakers Reporter And Fisher & Arenas & others. Common for guys on other rosters pre camp. They all live in L.A.

Edited by Majesty, September 27, 2012 - 05:00 PM.

#85 Viper

Viper

Rookie

• 455 posts

Posted September 27, 2012 - 05:09 PM

According to RealGM, the Lakers have signed 7'1 center Ronnie Aguilar. The 25-year-old big man played collegiately for Colorado State from 2006-2008 and was a member of the Bakersfield Jam during the 2011-2012 season, averaging 2.2 PPG, 4.2 RPG, and 11.2 MPG in six total games.

The team now has 19 players on their roster for training camp, and as Chuck Myron pointed out in assessing the roster sizes of the Western Conference, the Lakers already have 15 players under contracts that are either guaranteed or partially guaranteed. Arash Markazi of ESPN Los Angeles thinks that along with Reeves Nelson and Greg Somogyi, Aguilar is a long shot to make the team.

#86 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,142 posts

Posted September 27, 2012 - 05:20 PM

I honestly think this is the type of offense that can bring the best out of our bench players. Blake was even looking good running it. I think we found the perfect offense for our guys. And you know what, this guard overload we have may not be so crazy after all in terms of the Princeton, I guess it depends on what sets we run, the Princeton can be angled around a players strengths and not their weaknesses so what some of our players lack in other areas the Princeton can maximize their success in others.

The more I think about this the more I'm loving it.

#87 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted September 27, 2012 - 05:24 PM

Wonder what the deal with Fisher is. Doubt he gets a deal anytime soon so what happens? Wait it out lol
Posted Image

#88 Rad

Rad

• 1,640 posts

Posted September 27, 2012 - 05:34 PM

Wonder what the deal with Fisher is. Doubt he gets a deal anytime soon so what happens? Wait it out lol

Training staff?

#89 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,495 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 27, 2012 - 10:12 PM

Pic from Dwight Twitter.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#90 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted September 28, 2012 - 01:06 AM

Windu just threw his computer out the window.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Posted Image

#91 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted September 28, 2012 - 07:38 AM

I honestly think this is the type of offense that can bring the best out of our bench players. Blake was even looking good running it. I think we found the perfect offense for our guys. And you know what, this guard overload we have may not be so crazy after all in terms of the Princeton, I guess it depends on what sets we run, the Princeton can be angled around a players strengths and not their weaknesses so what some of our players lack in other areas the Princeton can maximize their success in others.

The more I think about this the more I'm loving it.

Hold your horses, I'd wait until we actually see how the offense does against a real NBA defense and against players that mostly aren't just marginal NBAers.
Posted Image

#92 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,340 posts

Posted September 28, 2012 - 09:17 AM

when's laker media day. it's gonna be a circus
Posted Image

#93 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,279 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted September 28, 2012 - 09:19 AM

when's laker media day. it's gonna be a circus

Monday

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#94 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,142 posts

Posted September 28, 2012 - 11:51 AM

Hold your horses, I'd wait until we actually see how the offense does against a real NBA defense and against players that mostly aren't just marginal NBAers.

The offense has worked in the NBA before for many top tier teams already.

#95 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted September 28, 2012 - 05:55 PM

The offense has worked in the NBA before for many top tier teams already.

I know, but you still have to see whether your personnel can run it successfully. The Triangle won Phil more rings than he has fingers for but it stunk up the joint in Minny. I know Jamison and Blake ran it in Washington, but I'd still rather wait and see. Cautiously optimistic though.
Posted Image

#96 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 603 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 29, 2012 - 01:39 AM

I forgot all about this guy & from the sounds of things I think he'll help us lock down defensively. Man, we have so much versatility @ PF. let's get it!

he is a very good man to man defender who can move his feet extremely well against small forwards and can cover the 4 if he wont get overpowered. everything else is where the problem lies lol. i think he will improve his team d under brown and that should suffice for a 3rd stringer(barring injury) but he'll have to curb the mistakes.

i think some people will be pretty surprised just how well he moves his feet for a 6'10 player , if he ever gets in. he still has alot of work to do but at least he has some good things going for him.
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#97 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted September 29, 2012 - 02:00 AM

According to RealGM, the Lakers have signed 7'1 center Ronnie Aguilar. The 25-year-old big man played collegiately for Colorado State from 2006-2008 and was a member of the Bakersfield Jam during the 2011-2012 season, averaging 2.2 PPG, 4.2 RPG, and 11.2 MPG in six total games.

The team now has 19 players on their roster for training camp, and as Chuck Myron pointed out in assessing the roster sizes of the Western Conference, the Lakers already have 15 players under contracts that are either guaranteed or partially guaranteed. Arash Markazi of ESPN Los Angeles thinks that along with Reeves Nelson and Greg Somogyi, Aguilar is a long shot to make the team.

basically no shot, just another camp body to beat up. it can help to limit injuries to their guaranteed players as well.
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

#98 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,142 posts

Posted September 29, 2012 - 04:21 AM

he is a very good man to man defender who can move his feet extremely well against small forwards and can cover the 4 if he wont get overpowered. everything else is where the problem lies lol. i think he will improve his team d under brown and that should suffice for a 3rd stringer(barring injury) but he'll have to curb the mistakes.

i think some people will be pretty surprised just how well he moves his feet for a 6'10 player , if he ever gets in. he still has alot of work to do but at least he has some good things going for him.

Yes, Earl also has a freakishly long windspan if we molded him into just a defensive 4 to put out there with a different lineup he could be vital.

#99 SweatShop

SweatShop

• 603 posts

Posted September 29, 2012 - 12:06 PM

Yes, Earl also has a freakishly long windspan if we molded him into just a defensive 4 to put out there with a different lineup he could be vital.

yeah , him and j hill are very similar in height and wingspan. actually, id probably use him as much if not more on 3's than 4's because of rebounding and strength. of course matchups dictate and thats why van gundy used him as a situational defender. he did a good job on durant at least once. put him on the 3 or 4 that will have the ball the most at that time, the less that guy passes the better lol.

i know brown is liking the possibilities though im hoping earl doesnt get completely lost on the "little of this stuff, little of that stuff" offense lol. then again , he wont play much and we know he will do something well to go along with the mistakes, which is more than i can say for morris so far.

#100 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted September 29, 2012 - 12:12 PM

Well watchin offense is nice but Defense is where it will count.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users