Photo

Los Angeles Lakers: Updates From Practice

Dwight not worried touches come with effort Nash and Blake improving Kobe practicing

• Please log in to reply
694 replies to this topic

#341 GO24Seven

GO24Seven

Rookie

• 475 posts
  • Name:Gilbert
  • Fan Since:Born A LAKER
  • Fav. Laker:ANY 1 IN the Purple & Gold

Posted October 12, 2012 - 01:16 AM

If they're smart, CDR will make the team.

#342 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,042 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 12, 2012 - 02:32 AM

Dwight Howard showing Sacre some post defense(BLOCK!!)

http://www.twcsportsnet.com/sportsnet/videos/2010/10/11/dwight-howard-rejection-in-practice.html

Edited by Majesty, October 12, 2012 - 02:32 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#343 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,001 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 12, 2012 - 03:10 AM

4h ramonashelburne ramonashelburne ‏@ramonashelburne

@ESPNLandoLakers with a nice Q&A with CDR, who I hear the Lakers are high on http://espn.go.com/b...e-enter-the-nba

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#344 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,025 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted October 12, 2012 - 07:31 AM

http://www.twcsportsnet.com/sportsnet/videos/2010/10/11/dwight-howard-rejection-in-practice.html

I like how fast he recovered after he got beaten off the dribble

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#345 That Guy

That Guy

This Guy

• 97 posts
  • Name:Mike G
  • Fan Since:99'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash, Howard, J. Hill

Posted October 12, 2012 - 12:18 PM

#346 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,359 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 12, 2012 - 12:29 PM

Effort is everything

#347 thrilla86

thrilla86

Rookie

• 218 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 12, 2012 - 12:34 PM

that looks like some on the court Rookie hazing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , with Dwight pushing them around out there!!!

Good to see some physical play.

#348 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,025 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted October 12, 2012 - 12:36 PM

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Kobe said he's been spending time working w/Chris Douglas-Roberts because he respects CDR's work. "He competes. He's tough."

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#349 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,042 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 12:43 PM

That is great news, long as he keeps bringing it in practice and in games scoring 8-10 points a night off the bench he's invaluable. But if a day comes he gets 20 off the bench he's "made" the team for sure.

The 14th and 15th spots are gonna be CDR and Sacre. Goudelock, Morris, Somagy, Aguilar and Nelson will be down in d-league on the D-Fenders working on their games. Not a problem :) IF we're able to trade Duhon for a TPE that would be very helpful

#350 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,042 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 12:50 PM

@LakersReporter

Kobe told us the strained shoulder that kept him out of Wednesday's game is fine; he practiced fully today, is good to go.

‏@LakersReporter

Kobe said he wishes Smush Parker the best of luck in China, & has said enough about it at this point.

@LakersReporter

Kobe confirms what we heard from practice, that his shoulder is feeling good. No problem in practice today.

‏@LakersReporter

Kobe said he's been spending time working w/Chris Douglas-Roberts because he respects CDR's work. "He competes. He's tough."

Clearly, Bryant has always liked the guys that go right at him, that don't back down. It's why he loves Metta World Peace.

And those types of players often do well in big moments, because they don't let the situation conquer them. Kobe knows that well.

3 straight days of praise for CDR in camp and now Kobe is talking good about him. Yeah, the spot is his to lose at this point. If he keeps playing great the Lakers won't cut him hopefully, it would be their only blunder of the off-season.

@LakersReporter

Kobe reiterated just now how thrilled he was with Mitch Kupchak & Jim Buss to get Nash/Howard while still keeping Gasol, a key for Kobe.

Good good news all round.

Edited by Majesty, October 12, 2012 - 12:52 PM.

#351 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,042 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 04:35 PM

Round up of the Practice session today

http://www.nba.com/lakers/features/121012_practiceroundup

Posted Image

Here's a round up of Lakers practice from Friday afternoon:

KOBE PRACTICES, FEELS GOOD:

Kobe Bryant told us during Wednesday's preseason game that the strained shoulder keeping him on the bench was "fine," which was confirmed by his full participation at practice on Friday.

"Yeah it's good," Bryant offered. "Strong."

Bryant made it through with no limitations, and was said to have been going hard, 1-on-1, with Metta World Peace, who has been excellent in the team's two preseason games. Bryant will start Saturday's game against Utah.

CDR TURNING HEADS:
Chris Douglas-Roberts, a third year guard who had success in New Jersey before opting to play in Italy during the lockout, is off to an impressive start in Lakers camp.

"He’s a hard worker and he competes," said Bryant. "That’s what I really like. I have no patience for lazy dudes and guys that are weak. He’s a competitor and as a consequence, I help him out a lot."

Douglas-Roberts is in the always-difficult situation of trying to make the roster as a non-guaranteed free agent, but he's taking advantage of the opportunity thus far by scoring 14 points in 20 total preseason minutes and standing out in practice.

"I've always felt at home on the basketball court and I'm just excited to have this opportunity," said CDR. "All I can control is how I play on the court, and I'm out there trying to kill you every time. Just competing."

BROWN LOOKING FOR MORE:
What's Mike Brown looking for from his team in preseason game No. 3 against Utah on Saturday?

"To continue to try and get better in transition," he said. "I thought our transition defense was really poor our first two games, so we need to get better. If we can do that on that end of the floor, then all the better for us.

"I thought other areas we took steps forward, except for that one. Offensively, we’ve thrown a lot at them. It’s a complicated offense but the execution is not bad. We threw a little bit more at them a couple days ago, so I just want to continue to see our point guards get our team organized offensively and for our guys to try and make their teammates better – setting good, solid screens, making hard cuts, running the offense in the half court with a good pace."

MEEKS NAILING DOWN BACKUP SG ROLE:
The coaches have been pleased of late with the play of free agent signing Jodie Meeks in practice this week, enough that the former Sixers starter looks like Kobe's backup at shooting guard.

"Jodie has played well," said Mike Brown. "He hasn’t necessarily shot the ball extremely well yet, but his feel, his understanding for what we’re trying to do, his work ethic, his physicality, the way he’s shown (to) defending, he’s capable of getting rebounds and loose balls – it’s been a good thing."

Meeks made only 1 of 7 shots in the second preseason loss, but grabbed five rebounds and played aggressive defense. The difficulty will be figuring out where to get his shots in the new offense so that a rhythm can be more quickly attainable.

"He’s starting to round into form a little bit," explained Bryant. "It took getting used to in terms of getting here, getting used to the new system and where shots are going to come from and getting a rhythm. But he’s coming along."

HOWARD GETTING CLOSER:
Dwight Howard said that he simply continues "chipping away" with his rehabilitation and getting better on the daily, his conditioning improving along the way.

"During the scrimmage, I probably played the most minutes I have during the scrimmage," he said. "I’ve been running a lot and just trying to push through fatigue. So I’m getting there."

He will not play in Saturday's preseason game, but continues to progress with no set backs since being cleared for full 5-on-5 contact drills on Tuesday.

Alright CDR needs to make this team and YES!! at Dwight :) :rock:

Thoughts?

Edited by Majesty, October 12, 2012 - 04:35 PM.

#352 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted October 12, 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hope Dwight is ready to play when they arrive in Anaheim.

• 40,378 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 07:46 PM

yo.

#354 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,114 posts
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted October 12, 2012 - 08:21 PM

Umm I don't have any doubt in my mind that CDR is gonna make the team now. Just too much positive notes coming out of practice From him

#355 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,042 posts

Posted October 12, 2012 - 11:47 PM

upset of the year?

@MettaWorldPeace

2nd unit beat us in practice... Devin and Darrius were amazing

Can we see this Morris in NBA games please? :blink:

#356 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,359 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 13, 2012 - 12:46 AM

upset of the year?

Can we see this Morris in NBA games please? :blink:

Can we see this 2nd unit in NBA games please?

#357 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,042 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 12:50 AM

Can we see this 2nd unit in NBA games please?

Well Mike Brown said that he's gonna play Morris a bit more at the 1 next game and look at the things he told him to work on. So we might.

I already see Morris has tried to adopt the fast break stop and pop from the free throw line shot that Nash uses. He needs to take advantage of all this time with Nash before he goes down to the NBDL when the season starts along with lock and DJO.

But as far as a 2nd unit I'd like to see get some time

Morris
CDR
Ebanks
Jamison
Gasol

or

Morris
Meeks
CDR
Jamison
Gasol

Edited by Majesty, October 13, 2012 - 12:50 AM.

#358 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 13, 2012 - 09:46 AM

The way our 2nd unit has been stagnating offensively were gonna have to play Gasol some with the 2nd stringers, that way we at least have someone who can post up and run the offense thru. Our backup PG's are looking lost out there and are doing a terrible job initiating our offense, the only person who gets in the lane with any consistency is Darius Morris and half the time he looks out of control doing it. I really wish there was a way we could package either Steve Blake or Chris Duhon with one of our back-up bigs to bring in a point who can run our 2nd unit efficiently. I say Mitch calls up either Toronto or Minnesota. With Lowry starting, the Raptors are paying Calderon alot of money to play less than 20 minutes a game, and i'm sure that he would welcome the chance to play with his fellow Spaniard Gasol. Right now Minny has 3 point guards in Rubio, Ridnour, and Barea, and the Lakers would be ecstatic to have either Ridnour or Barea running their show off the bench. It's times like these where I really wish Ramon Sessions would have resigned and mentored under Nash, but apparently backing up DJ Augustine on a cellar dweller is much more attractive.

#359 cobyjacks

cobyjacks

Rookie

• 184 posts
  • Name:DBrown
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean/Metta World Peace

Posted October 13, 2012 - 02:12 PM

^we can't afford Calderon, and Toronto will want a lot more than duhon &or Blake in return. I don't see that happening @all. W/ Rubio out, minny won't let go of ridnour who will be their starter and barea is needed as his backup atm.

I highly doubt we snag a good backup now that we've waited forever, but Mitch has shown that he can do more with less so i am somewhat hopeful i guess.

• 40,378 posts

Posted October 13, 2012 - 05:12 PM

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users