Photo

Los Angeles Lakers: Updates From Practice

Dwight not worried touches come with effort Nash and Blake improving Kobe practicing

• Please log in to reply
694 replies to this topic

#321 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,701 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted October 09, 2012 - 07:27 PM

Haha j hill is predator now!
Posted Image

#322 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,018 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 09, 2012 - 08:02 PM

Nice interviews after practice :D Nice to see the training camp thread picking up steam again :glasses:

also notice Kobe's dunk came off a screen from Dwight, I think everyone was talking about the effectiveness of Nash in the PnR but what about Kobe's benefit with a true PnR center ALSO helping setup situations for him? Dwight being a PnR center does wonders for the options of both Kobe AND Nash depending on which has the ball and which is moving without it.

I'm really excited to see all these different plays this season. I haven't seen it mentioned much, but I would love for LA to run a Kobe/Nash PnR. There is actually no way to defend that. If you go over the screen Nash will kill you, otherwise Kobe will. If you switch Kobe can take a smaller defender into the post and that's a guaranteed bucket.

• 40,364 posts

Posted October 09, 2012 - 08:26 PM

Nash

Bean

Predator

Coach

Edited by    , October 09, 2012 - 08:26 PM.

yo.

#324 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 09, 2012 - 08:28 PM

I'm already tired of training camp/preseason I just want the real season to start already

• 40,364 posts

Posted October 09, 2012 - 08:37 PM

Kobe per his Facebook:

Long practices but getting a ton of work done. I had a lil tendon issue in my foot that kept me sidelined for 2 days but I'm full speed ahead once again.

Our timing with one another gets better by the day and DH is good to go on full contact. I'm tired and sore but that kind of pain feels good especially when you know what's at stake.

As far as retirement, I'm not sure how many years I have left but know this: IF and When I announce my retirement, I will do so directly to you first. Let's focus on getting this season taken care of. It should be a fun one. I feel strong, light and quick. I can't wait till Oct 31.
It's on.
Mamba out

yo.

#326 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,224 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted October 09, 2012 - 08:44 PM

What I'm most impressed with is Kobe's explosion, especially on that first dunk. He looks much lighter on his feet and was able to go up fast like when he was younger.

I'm really excited to see all these different plays this season. I haven't seen it mentioned much, but I would love for LA to run a Kobe/Nash PnR. There is actually no way to defend that. If you go over the screen Nash will kill you, otherwise Kobe will. If you switch Kobe can take a smaller defender into the post and that's a guaranteed bucket.

That was the play that won them game 3 in the 2010 finals where Kobe set the pick for Fish. Just imagine how much more effective it'll be with Nash handling the ball. I'm also looking forward to the 4-5 pick and roll with Gasol and Dwight. The pick and roll possibilities with this team are endless.
Posted Image

#327 The Next Stig

The Next Stig

Greatest

• 453 posts
  • Name:Jr

Posted October 09, 2012 - 10:32 PM

damn that dunk on jamison was NOICE !

templaRS_zpsfc271f2c.jpg

Follow me on Instagram- Socalk1d

#328 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,989 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 09, 2012 - 10:37 PM

kobes first dunk ,i aint think he still had that in him, he cocked that back.. WOOOOOOO

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, October 09, 2012 - 10:38 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#329 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,002 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted October 10, 2012 - 07:29 AM

that was nioceeee

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#330 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted October 10, 2012 - 02:55 PM

kobe just smacked him across the face. that was nasty.

Posted Image

#331 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted October 10, 2012 - 03:08 PM

Shame I can't watch most of these videos due to not having Flash Player.
htCCl0m.png

#332 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,038 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 10, 2012 - 05:50 PM

Kobe's body feels better than is 2006, but he still keeps getting nicked up.

It's nice that he's in great shape, but keep in mind that he's still in his mid 30s. That's why I'm not getting overly excited when I hear about how great of shape Kobe and Metta are. It's a good thing, but it doesn't eliminate health risks when it comes to age.

I just felt like saying that because some people here act like they're going to take some big step forward because of their fitness.

Posted Image

#333 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,501 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted October 10, 2012 - 06:18 PM

damn, did he dunk too hard perhaps? heh

Posted Image

#334 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,002 posts

Posted October 11, 2012 - 05:34 AM

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi
Kobe on Jodie Meeks competing for time in camp: "That's not fair. Jodie has to guard me every day in practice so he ain't looking too good."

More Kobe on Meeks: "I've been murdering that dude. I've been kicking his a--. I've been torching that MFer."

Kobe actually loves Meeks and was looking for him to confirm his stories that he was torching him in practice.

Metta World Peace on being "forgotten" on the Lakers: "People purposely try to forget about me but that's impossible."

#335 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,773 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 11, 2012 - 09:33 AM

Kobe's body feels better than is 2006, but he still keeps getting nicked up.

It's nice that he's in great shape, but keep in mind that he's still in his mid 30s. That's why I'm not getting overly excited when I hear about how great of shape Kobe and Metta are. It's a good thing, but it doesn't eliminate health risks when it comes to age.

I just felt like saying that because some people here act like they're going to take some big step forward because of their fitness.

Mike Brown said that Kobe COULD have played yesterday and wanted to, but it was him and Gary's decision to sit him. So it's not like Kobe couldn't have played, his injuries have been like day long nuisances. Nothing he can't play through and hasn't played through but it seems that they are REALLY focused on preserving him and won't let him play through it in pre-season when he probably has before. Even if it will go away in a day Mike Brown seems more intent right now at least last night, on saving Kobe and getting some play out of CDR Ebanks and Meeks which was the case last night.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#336 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,773 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 11, 2012 - 02:22 PM

Mike Trudell @LakersReporter

Lakers didn't do much on the court today, after a practice & game yesterday. Kobe (shoulder) participated in walk through of sorts.

@LakersReporter

With guys battling at the end o/t roster, Brown said he's looking for a mix of tough D, intelligence in picking up system & shooting.

CDR...

@LakersReporter

Shoes of @stevenash. Pretty tight.
Posted Image

‏@LakersReporter

Howard got swatted by Greg Somogyi in a 1-on-1 post drill, & when teammates hollered about it, said, "Ayo I'm trying (stuff)!"

Dwight testing the rooks

@LakersReporter

Good training for guys like Somogyi & Sacre to get to go 1-on-1 against the world's best low post defender. If you can score on him...

@LakersReporter

Howard responded to getting blocked by Somogyi by dunking in his face after an up-fake the next time. Lookin' strong.

@LakersReporter

Chris Douglas-Roberts came over to talk a lil' trash/root for the rookies in 1-on-1 drills w/Howard. Related: CDR's funny.

@LakersReporter

CDR said his goal is to constantly push Howard in the direction that he should be dominating everybody all the time.

Love hearing that from CDR

Edited by Majesty, October 11, 2012 - 02:32 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#337 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,002 posts

Posted October 11, 2012 - 02:51 PM

CDR said that bout Dwight? KEEP HIM he has game and a good locker room guy

#338 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,038 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 11, 2012 - 03:19 PM

Mike Brown said that Kobe COULD have played yesterday and wanted to, but it was him and Gary's decision to sit him. So it's not like Kobe couldn't have played, his injuries have been like day long nuisances. Nothing he can't play through and hasn't played through but it seems that they are REALLY focused on preserving him and won't let him play through it in pre-season when he probably has before. Even if it will go away in a day Mike Brown seems more intent right now at least last night, on saving Kobe and getting some play out of CDR Ebanks and Meeks which was the case last night.

I'm talking big picture more than anything else.

Posted Image

#339 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted October 11, 2012 - 06:10 PM

I like CDR

Posted Image

#340 Thanatos

Thanatos