Photo

Los Angeles Lakers: Updates From Practice

Dwight not worried touches come with effort Nash and Blake improving Kobe practicing

• Please log in to reply
694 replies to this topic

#261 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,121 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 05, 2012 - 12:43 PM

Apparently Kobe has a minor foot injury

Mark Medina ‏@MarkGMedina
Kobe Bryant sat out of Friday's practice because of a left foot injury. Lakers say it's not serious. He's expected to practice later tonight

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#262 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted October 05, 2012 - 02:18 PM

mike brown:"idk if our offense will win us games before we really get it down, but hopefully our D will win us games"

mike brown is realllly underestimating our players, not our team O, and chemistry, and understanding of the O, but hes underestimating our talent. imo, our talent, nash and kobe and dwight on the offensive boards, and nash/pau in the pick n roll/pop ,jamison, all those players will be able to lead the team to 100 points IMMIDIATELY,imo

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#263 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,121 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 02:27 PM

mike brown:"idk if our offense will win us games before we really get it down, but hopefully our D will win us games"

mike brown is realllly underestimating our players, not our team O, and chemistry, and understanding of the O, but hes underestimating our talent. imo, our talent, nash and kobe and dwight on the offensive boards, and nash/pau in the pick n roll/pop ,jamison, all those players will be able to lead the team to 100 points IMMIDIATELY,imo

He's a defensive minded coach, what do you expect

#264 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 02:40 PM

just more confidence in our talent. Nash led the league in assits per minute last year,plus jamison and meeks off the bench, our O will be as good as our D, which is scary. dwight consistently made ORL a top 3 D..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#265 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,121 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 02:54 PM

just more confidence in our talent. Nash led the league in assits per minute last year,plus jamison and meeks off the bench, our O will be as good as our D, which is scary. dwight consistently made ORL a top 3 D..

he knows that our offense will come, defense is key with this team

#266 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,045 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 05, 2012 - 03:29 PM

he knows that our offense will come, defense is key with this team

Agreed. I think Mike Brown loves that everyone is enamored with the new offense but doesn't want them to get away from depending on their defense.

He doesn't want us to get scored on because we're scoring easy. So I have no problem with that, with the practice of the Princeton it will come eventually now that we have time and practice, but one thing we can't get away from is the defense we CAN play. When we had no offense last year and could hold a team to 80 or so points for us to win, I love that ability.

Mike wants us to play with the same defensive tenacity we used to hold teams so low because we couldn't score, but he wants us to use it when we have an offense where we can score easily too. That way we can score 100+ and hold teams to under 90. That's his ultimate goal I think. To have us play the kind of defense we're capable of while letting the offense flow. None of the "when we get easy shots we slack on D and then the other team gets an easy shot in return and we trade" type of thing that usually happens.

Loved watching the tenacity played here, the bench players are really making the starters work. Everyone in this offense seems to be moving better, Morris is doing less overdribbling, Goudelock is actually making good passes, and Roberts looks nice out there. Was nice seeing Clark challenge Artest and Blake score the falling down 3 against Nash. If practice is always this tenacious then we'll progress a lot farther sooner than expected. Especially if our starters and bench play with the same tenacity.

In those 5 minutes the score was either 3 to 6 or 2 to 3 I'm guessing they were playing by 1s and 2s so the score was 2 to 3.

Edited by Majesty, October 05, 2012 - 03:37 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#267 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 03:39 PM

yall r right. i was just noting that he was slighting the O, for good reason tho.. he wants to make us a championship team, our O will be fine with whatever offense we run because of Nash mainly. i guess, it was a good thing we got a Defensive minded coach, cuz this team really doesnt need an offensive minded one..

#268 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted October 05, 2012 - 05:24 PM

Did anyone here Mike Brown in an interview today say that Jodie COULD be at the 2 over Blake?!

WTF!

He better be our backup 2. If I see Steve Blake at the 2 with our reserves after we got Jodie Meeks here, I am going to lose my mind with Mike Brown.

#269 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 05:42 PM

Did anyone here Mike Brown in an interview today say that Jodie COULD be at the 2 over Blake?!

WTF!

He better be our backup 2. If I see Steve Blake at the 2 with our reserves after we got Jodie Meeks here, I am going to lose my mind with Mike Brown.

i just threw up in my mouth, so did Jodie Meeks. this is why i dont trust anybody in a position of power, who knows if theyre smart enough.......................................................

#270 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,045 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 06:13 PM

Don't think he did.

Edited by Majesty, October 05, 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#271 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,169 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted October 05, 2012 - 06:19 PM

Jodie NEEDS to be backing up Kobe, what they need to do is get rid of some of those PG's, we have way too many.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#272 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 05, 2012 - 06:20 PM

WTF!

Awful. I'm concerned about Brown's rotations. It took a long time for him to give Jordan Hill a shot, and he even waited a few games to start Ramon. I'm also worried about his relationship with players. I don't think Dwight is as big of a headcase as Bynum is, but Dwight also had his issues with Stan Van Gundy. I hope he doesn't rub Dwight the wrong way.

If Metta stinks it up again, I actually want to see more of Meeks with Kobe taking minutes from Metta at the 3.

Posted Image

#273 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,648 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 05, 2012 - 06:26 PM

haven't been this pumped for a season since 2009....

Posted Image

#274 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,045 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 06:31 PM

WTF!

No but I saw the interview today where Mike Brown was talking about how Blake would be the backup one and he was mentioning potential backup ones but said that Blake probably has a leg up on them. Never once did Meeks come out his mouth <_<

I didn't hear him say anything about Blake playing the number 2, nor have I seen him question Jodie being the backup 2 and that was the only interview Brown's done today because I posted it earlier.

Nowhere has Mike Brown said that Blake would be the 2 over Jodie meeks -_-

He said that he wants to make things fair for the backup 1 spot but that Blake may have a leg up on them.

So no, I didn't see any interview where Mike Brown questioned whether Meeks would be the backup two.

And neither did you.

The only time he mentioned Meeks was when he answered who impressed him in camp.

Q: On who has looked good among the reserves early in camp:
Brown: Jordan Hill is showing that he needs to be on the floor. He’s the one guy I can say besides my starters that is showing he really needs to be on the floor with his activity out there. Antawn (Jamison) is a pro, he’s going to get it done. He’s shown he can be on the floor. Besides that, you have Jodie Meeks, Devin Ebanks, Chris Duhon, Steve Blake; those are probably the next guys along with a few of the young guys.

I know you don't like Mike Brown, but you don't have to lie.

And the interview on Lakers.com that he did today they were asking him about the people he was looking at.

And he was signifying that he wanted to make sure he gave everyone a fair look for the 1 and 2 spots but pretty much signified he was gonna settle on Jodie.

He said it like this

"You know I'm fair, they are all talented, you know I'll give Devin a look but um..... *nodding his head assuredly* it could be Jodie, at the backup 2"

That's how he said it. And it pretty much signified who the backup 2 is gonna be in his mind although to be fair he'll give everyone a look. But it's gonna be Jodie, he wouldn't have said Jodie as the guy it could be while all the other guys he'll "look' at.

If you're gonna take the COULD out of that statement like he was questioning whether it would be Jodie then you obviously just hate Mike Brown

Edited by Majesty, October 05, 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#275 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted October 05, 2012 - 06:52 PM

The rest of the league just isn't ready for what is coming.
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

• 40,400 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 10:09 PM

yo.

• 40,400 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 12:13 PM

Edited by    , October 06, 2012 - 12:24 PM.

yo.

#278 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,045 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 04:04 PM

@LakersReporter

Backup SG Jodie Meeks is wearing new Kobe kicks; pic.twitter.com/Lb3AsiMs

Posted Image

Jodie Meeks is in the System!!!!

Kobe Bryant is practicing today after sitting out both of Thursday's sessions with a sore right foot.

Stay tuned, appears Mark Jackson is undecided if Curry plays vs. LAL. RT @gswscribe: Warriors PG Stephen Curry May Sit Out Preseason Opener.

LAL's point guards take free throws after Friday's practice.

Posted Image

As relayed earlier, Kobe did practice today; he's now getting stretched out by training staff vet Marko the Finn:

Expect 1 o/t 2 reserve rookie centers (Sacre or Somogyi) to start for Dwight. Brown wants to keep bench rotation as is (Hill, Jamison etc).

One could read into Brown starting a rookie for Dwight instead of Jordan Hill as good news for when Howard will return.

Ah, so he isn't gonna start Hill etc in place of Dwight and will go with the rookie. This means he doesn't want his bench rotation to get used to starting.... this means that he expects Dwight to be back VERY soon... good sign.

#279 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,121 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 05:08 PM

Jodie Meeks is in the System!!!!

Ah, so he isn't gonna start Hill etc in place of Dwight and will go with the rookie. This means he doesn't want his bench rotation to get used to starting.... this means that he expects Dwight to be back VERY soon... good sign.

Hopefully that is the case

#280 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,045 posts

Posted October 06, 2012 - 05:32 PM

Hopefully that is the case

Will also give Somalyi and Sacre to get some burn before they go to the d-league to develop more. So good for them.

But I like the signs, if Brown doesn't even want Gasol to get used to playing starting C then Dwight may be back very VERY soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users