2 replies to this topic

#1 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted September 15, 2012 - 05:31 PM

Finally decided to pickup a tablet and after my brief moments with a iPad knew a smaller screen was the way to go.

Mainly got it for the car instead of a new head unit but this thing is great.

Plan to hopefully do this soon:

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

• 40,603 posts

Posted September 16, 2012 - 09:41 AM

I hear it's great & all and I'm sure it is. Congrats by the way, but personally, I'm disappointed mainly on two things: No HDMI port and no Flash. Would you consider 'jailbreaking' it to find a way to get some flash or not? It's way more customizable than the Kindle Fire among a few other things so I'm sure that weighed heavy in your decision to get that instead I would presume correct?

I have the original Kindle Fire, might check the HD version out, but 8.9 when it comes out later...

yo.

#3 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted September 16, 2012 - 11:47 AM

I hear it's great & all and I'm sure it is. Congrats by the way, but personally, I'm disappointed mainly on two things: No HDMI port and no Flash. Would you consider 'jailbreaking' it to find a way to get some flash or not? It's way more customizable than the Kindle Fire among a few other things so I'm sure that weighed heavy in your decision to get that instead I would presume correct?

I have the original Kindle Fire, might check the HD version out, but 8.9 when it comes out later...

I'm going to root it yes but not for flash, mainly for other customization. I honestly don't use sites with flash anymore. Most have converted to html 5 or have apps that are optimized for mobile anyways.

Yes I was interested in the fire hd till I realized how locked down to the Amazon ecosystem it is just like ios and apple.

No hdmi but a otg cable takes care of that along with connecting to external hard drives, xbox or ps3 controllers and usb keyboard and mouse etc.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users