8 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,649 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 15, 2012 - 02:54 AM

This probably exists somewhere in a thread, but i just saw that a guy named Reeves Nelson have been signed with the Lakers.

Who the hell is Reeves Nelson?

#2 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 814 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted September 15, 2012 - 03:00 AM

Yeah I remember a thread about this and i had no idea who he was

i remember from the article that it said a few years ago he was projected to be a lottery pick or an early first round pick one day but then I think he fell off from that projection in college or something

I could be wrong though I'll try to find that article

#3 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted September 15, 2012 - 03:44 AM

Don't be too concerned, or excited. Nelson is a loser. He wasn't having THAT bad of a college career for a while (played at UCLA), but then he started acting like a jackass out of nowhere, and UCLA tossed him out the door after 5-6 games last season. I think he was suspended twice, then tossed instead of a third suspension.

This is the guy that would sit on the bench and laugh when UCLA was getting beat badly...had an attitude back on the court, and was blaming the freshmen teammates for mistakes he was making on the court.

Kind of odd, too. He started shooting a lot of jumpers, and twice as many threes as usual...yet, taking 3-4 less shots. The previous two years, he had a sky-high FG% and grabbed almost double-digit boards the second season with UCLA.

Not that I really know the cause, but with the way the dude changed (in his game and attitude), out of nowhere...you'd have to wonder if he was on something.

#4 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted September 15, 2012 - 05:02 AM

^
That sounds like a bad case of coke addiction.

#5 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,790 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 15, 2012 - 05:02 AM

Don't be too concerned, or excited. Nelson is a loser. He wasn't having THAT bad of a college career for a while (played at UCLA), but then he started acting like a jackass out of nowhere, and UCLA tossed him out the door after 5-6 games last season. I think he was suspended twice, then tossed instead of a third suspension.

This is the guy that would sit on the bench and laugh when UCLA was getting beat badly...had an attitude back on the court, and was blaming the freshmen teammates for mistakes he was making on the court.

Kind of odd, too. He started shooting a lot of jumpers, and twice as many threes as usual...yet, taking 3-4 less shots. The previous two years, he had a sky-high FG% and grabbed almost double-digit boards the second season with UCLA.

Not that I really know the cause, but with the way the dude changed (in his game and attitude), out of nowhere...you'd have to wonder if he was on something.

On his own hype, but I'd wonder too.

@ what I bolded..

Dude I just got done watching Unguarded: The Chris Herren Story when I read that :blink:

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#6 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 15, 2012 - 06:33 AM

Reeves Nelson is a decent player but with Metta and Ebanks on the roster I don't really see him sticking to this team

#7 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,372 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 15, 2012 - 06:36 AM

^
That sounds like a bad case of coke addiction.

he's white like Chris Andersen

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#8 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted September 15, 2012 - 06:47 AM

he's white like Chris Andersen

Thanks sweety pie, I wasn't aware.

#9 SweatShop

SweatShop

Throwin Rootbeers In Your Fridge

• 529 posts
  • Fan Since:Pre_History
  • Fav. Laker:Kup

Posted September 15, 2012 - 04:50 PM

This probably exists somewhere in a thread, but i just saw that a guy named Reeves Nelson have been signed with the Lakers.

Who the hell is Reeves Nelson?

why not just google it or search this site? i take it you didnt watch the last few games of the spl. nelson was a projected/potential 1st rounder that went undrafted because of character concerns.
Abdul-Jabbar told the San Francisco Chronicle last month he met Howard only once and that Howard expressed an interest in learning from the former Lakers captain but he never again reached out to Abdul-Jabbar.

‘He’s charming, he’s charismatic, very nice young man,’ Abdul-Jabbar said. ‘Maturity-wise, he doesn’t get it.’

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users